Author Topic: Historic night by our "horrible" offensive player  (Read 3143 times)

Re: Historic night by our "horrible" offensive player
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
all this over a single game? why does this one game count for more than his recent binge of bad shooting? or his 1-10 game?

i like smart a lot and have been a steady supporter. but i think it would be foolish if we were to draw conclusions about his entire offensive and shooting based on a single game.

let's see how he does in the next week and into the playoffs.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I am a massive Smart supporter and apologist, but I think his off-season focus needs to be to get into better shape. His weight helps him defend bigger players, but I think some of his issues relate to the fact that he's just too [dang] heavy.
I think the fact that he manages to command 30 minutes of action given his historic offensive ineptitude is a credit to him. However, I was hoping that either the shooting or the shot selection will pick up... but no such luck so far, it seems.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Okay, so we're reduced to celebrating when smart has one good game in a row now?

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Okay, so we're reduced to celebrating when smart has one good game in a row now?

Silver linings.

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm not drawing conclusions from this (still needs a lot of consistency) but I think that guys should not bash him like what some guys have done recently; he's still young and can improve
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I'm not drawing conclusions from this (still needs a lot of consistency) but I think that guys should not bash him like what some guys have done recently; he's still young and can improve

That's kind of the point. It's been 3 full seasons with zero sign of improvement in his shooting. I was hopeful after he improved his FT shooting, but really, he's been pretty bad.

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 10:55:50 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Marcus was a +12 tonight.
The only stat that counts.

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 11:57:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871