Author Topic: STOP SHOOTING BIG BABY. Starting the club  (Read 17961 times)

Re: STOP SHOOTING BIG BABY. Starting the club
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If KG can shoot BBD can too.  That's my position

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I'll perhaps join the "when the shot's off, stop shooting Glen" club, but this particular post seems to ignore that he is a great asset when the shot IS on. The guy was 15-23 in the 2 games previous. Tough to be getting all the shots on the backup unit and then transition to playing with the starting unit. A moot point, since he will be returning to the bench.

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2011, 05:40:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Someone needs to shake the Baby!

You want to kill him? ;)

A toddler is dead after police say she was violently shaken. The 19-month-old girl died at Methodist Hospital Thursday. Shelbyville police have not made any arrests in the toddler's death, but they do have a person of interest.
I agree I didn't find it funny and I find everything funny. Although I'll also try not to cry

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2011, 06:06:51 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

I don't really understand this. KG shoots 46% from 16-23ft. while Big Baby shoots 35%...you sure you're ok with both taking the same amount of shots from that position?

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'll perhaps join the "when the shot's off, stop shooting Glen" club, but this particular post seems to ignore that he is a great asset when the shot IS on.

Most players are useful when they are making shots.  The problem is that there are many times when BBD's shot is not on.

KG, PP, and RA sometimes pass up what appear to be open long jumpshots.  They sometimes get criticized for doing that, but that's a better strategy in the long-run than taking the first decent look at the basket you get.  When Davis is in the game, that ball movement disappears because Big Baby seems to never pass up an open shot. 
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I don't really understand this. KG shoots 46% from 16-23ft. while Big Baby shoots 35%...you sure you're ok with both taking the same amount of shots from that position?
KG is a 7 footer. Just because he can hit some outside shots doesn't mean he shouldn't go inside.

Baby isn't the only poor shooter on the team.  It's more important for Rondo to hit more that 50% from the line for example.

Doc stated he has a rule if you're open you have to shoot it. If KG never goes inside and then Baby gets a wide open shot it's pretty obvious what's going to happen

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell

KG is a 7 footer. Just because he can hit some outside shots doesn't mean he shouldn't go inside.

Baby isn't the only poor shooter on the team.  It's more important for Rondo to hit more that 50% from the line for example.

Doc stated he has a rule if you're open you have to shoot it. If KG never goes inside and then Baby gets a wide open shot it's pretty obvious what's going to happen

If that was true than Rondo and Baby would shoot the ball everytime down the court.

I dunno, I'd rather have KG, who is one of the best jump shooters at his position in his career, take jumpers rather than Baby, who is at best a 35% jumpshooter.

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43

are you kidding?  BBD shoots a linedrive and with no regret, kg has a decent jumpshot with good arc, and reasonable shot selection for his ability.

plus one player is a superstar, and the other is a second round draft pick who averaged 2min per game on a championship team.

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011, 06:28:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

If that was true than Rondo and Baby would shoot the ball everytime down the court.

I dunno, I'd rather have KG, who is one of the best jump shooters at his position in his career, take jumpers rather than Baby, who is at best a 35% jumpshooter.
So you'd rather have KG shoot and Baby trying to get the reb?  Or is it Rondo trying to get the reb? Or Krstic? Who is trying to get the reb if KG is shooting? 

How about the bigs go inside and the guards shoot from outside? Why is this such a strange expectation?

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell

So you'd rather have KG shoot and Baby trying to get the reb?  Or is it Rondo trying to get the reb? Or Krstic? Who is trying to get the reb if KG is shooting? 

How about the bigs go inside and the guards shoot from outside? Why is this such a strange expectation?

Um absolutely I'd rather have KG shoot than Baby...why can't he get the rebound, or Krstic, or Pierce, or Green, ect.

And yeah of course I'd rather have the bigs go inside than the guards. Since when is a Baby a guard though?

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I'll perhaps join the "when the shot's off, stop shooting Glen" club, but this particular post seems to ignore that he is a great asset when the shot IS on. The guy was 15-23 in the 2 games previous. Tough to be getting all the shots on the backup unit and then transition to playing with the starting unit. A moot point, since he will be returning to the bench.

15-23 from the whole court. What is the clip on the jumpshots out of those fieldgoals?

I never said STOP TAKING IT TO THE HOLE BIG BABY, or STOP CRASHING THE BOARDS AND GETTING 5 ft PUTBACKS.......he really should only get one or two JUMPSHOTS per game; if they fall, and he's on a roll it's one thing. But he played a noticeably selfish game last night that for sure blew our lead. Yes, the Hawks had a dozen second-chance opportunities in the second half especially, but Baby missed 5 jumpshots in a row in the 4th quarter.
     That is an inexcusable amount when you have guys like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, KG, Delonte West, Jeff Green, and Rondo (rather would see our point-guard blowing those jumpers for sure)......at best, Davis is a 4th or 5th option on the floor at all times when considering a jumpshot for our offense. And to boot, the shot itself is ugly.....Matt Bonner ugly....except his actually go in a lot!

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2011, 07:18:10 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, regardless of our combined sentiments about Big Baby, I'm hoping that we'll likely see him less when we have all 3 of our centers back.  That's no a knock on him necessarily; I'll just be happy to see a bit more size out there. 

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2011, 07:22:23 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
Davis: 4-6 from 16-23ft against the Spurs,1-3 from 3-9ft, 3-3 at the rim

Pacers: 3-5 from 16-23ft, 4-6 at the rim

And then 6 jumpers last night that didn't go in from 10-23 feet. He did hit that 3. So it was the same amount of jumpers as the previous 2 games and they didn't go in.

Teams will often concede that jumper to him and rush the rest of the stars...Doc just may be imploring him to take them.

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Um absolutely I'd rather have KG shoot than Baby...why can't he get the rebound, or Krstic, or Pierce, or Green, ect.

And yeah of course I'd rather have the bigs go inside than the guards. Since when is a Baby a guard though?

He's not a guard. Neither is KG. So they should go inside. For some reason KG refuses. And Baby does too.

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
Well, regardless of our combined sentiments about Big Baby, I'm hoping that we'll likely see him less when we have all 3 of our centers back.  That's no a knock on him necessarily; I'll just be happy to see a bit more size out there. 

I agree with this. Can provide short bursts at center when the opposing team's starting center is winded/easily movable, but you don't want him ever getting more than 10 minutes a game there.

The big 4 + Baby have been an awesome unit this year, but that's mostly when Baby comes off the bench. http://basketballvalue.com/teamunits.php?year=2010-2011&team=BOS