Author Topic: STOP SHOOTING BIG BABY. Starting the club  (Read 17960 times)

STOP SHOOTING BIG BABY. Starting the club
« on: April 01, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45

If you haven't already joined.......haven't seen one player blow a 4th quarter for their team any harder all season. Unless he is wide open with a whole second or more to set the shot, he needs to put those butter-canons together and pass the [dang] ball along......i'd rather seen Rondo shooting for christs sake.....sorry, just pretty p---ed I guess.....we needed this win badly! And he wasn't boxing out the entire 4th quarter especially. Shaq/Murphy can't get better any sooner.....I'd rather have freaking Murphy in there at this point.

Re: STOP SHOOTING BIG BABY. Starting the club
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
i am joining this club. lol. *sigh*
- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:40:23 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
i am joining this club. lol. *sigh*

+1

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 10:42:42 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
would love to somehow ship Big Baby/Wafer and the Clipper 1st rounder to get Josh Smith to be a legit 3/4 to back up KG and Pierce.....Atlanta probably laughs, but they weren't using him a whole lot.....are they over him or what?

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
He's easily the most inconsistent player on the team. Either he's really good or really bad. I would take a consistent good at this point.

The worst thing is it seems the rest of team is fine with him shooting so much.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 10:43:40 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

If you haven't already joined.......haven't seen one player blow a 4th quarter for their team any harder all season. Unless he is wide open with a whole second or more to set the shot, he needs to put those butter-canons together and pass the [dang] ball along......i'd rather seen Rondo shooting for christs sake.....sorry, just pretty p---ed I guess.....we needed this win badly! And he wasn't boxing out the entire 4th quarter especially. Shaq/Murphy can't get better any sooner.....I'd rather have freaking Murphy in there at this point.

How about you tell our Big 4 to grow some balls and take the shots down the stretch instead of kicking it to Baby at the last second?

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »

Offline PseudoElite

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 42
Celtics have Big Baby who can't play well for more than 20 minutes and starts crying if he's getting outplayed.

The Lakers have Lamar Odom who is going to be 6th man of the year and was THIS close to going to the All Star Game.

Good luck.
Celtics' turn on switch for the playoffs: the last bastion of hope for battered Celtic fans.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
i posted this in the game thread but thought i'd post it here too:

even Hubie Brown ripped into BBD's shot selection. i don't remember the exact quote but it came when BBD shot the ball with 16 secs into the shot clock off a timeout off one pass and no play at around the 5 minute mark. something along the lines of ""that's a bad shot. players say 'well, i was open', well of course you're open. you haven't made any. and look at the other guys on the floor".
- LilRip

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:54:03 PM »

Offline greensamurai

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8

How about you tell our Big 4 to grow some balls and take the shots down the stretch instead of kicking it to Baby at the last second?

A lot of times BB was clearly being a ballstopper and shooting with about 15 seconds left on the shot clock. He ended about 3 Celtics possessions in a row when we were still within 4 of the Hawks. I can't stand watching him in there right now, he just seems so selfish, even with the Big 4 in there. I don't understand why he thinks he should shoot and not give it to Pierce who is our best scorer when we need it most.

So I'm joining this club for good. I'd rather see us putting JO in there for the last 5 minutes if it means a defensive presence, which we needed while we let atlanta get a bunch of second chance points.

I'm ready to let BB walk after some team offers him a bloated contract...depending on the new CBA

TP...OP

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 10:57:04 PM »

Offline chilisbuster

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Finally,I have been waiting for this topic.  I appreciate Baby's hustle and effort on the defensive end but he has to defer to the Big 4 down the stretch.  There is a reason teams do not guard him on the perimeter. He is not a shooter! Rondo needs to get the ball back. Our title shot rests on rebounding (needs improvement) and Baby staying within his role and not shooting the ball EVERYTIME he is open. This is my biggest fears heading in to the playoffs.

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
It's like a turnover.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
i posted this in the game thread but thought i'd post it here too:

even Hubie Brown ripped into BBD's shot selection. i don't remember the exact quote but it came when BBD shot the ball with 16 secs into the shot clock off a timeout off one pass and no play at around the 5 minute mark. something along the lines of ""that's a bad shot. players say 'well, i was open', well of course you're open. you haven't made any. and look at the other guys on the floor".

Pierce also took a quick 3 on the fastbreak after we came up with a turnover.

That was a worse shot because I felt the refs were going to give the call to Paul if he went to the cup.

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »

Offline manbehindtheman

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
he gets too tired probably because of his weight...in the fourth quarter he becomes a problem from the outside...

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Baby needs to attack the basket, and also needs to play 20 minutes max. He still can take a long jumper when time is running out, but only in that case.

He's no All Star, but when he plays within his game and in limited minutes he's a very good backup. If he's too tired he can't bring energy and enters into Toine mode.

If you change club's name to "stop chucking shots", count me in.

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »

Offline PseudoElite

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 42
he gets too tired probably because of his weight...in the fourth quarter he becomes a problem from the outside...

I don't want to be unfair to BBD.

He has always played very poorly after 20-23 mins or so of play.

He had to play a lot of minutes because of a lack of Centers.
Celtics' turn on switch for the playoffs: the last bastion of hope for battered Celtic fans.