Author Topic: Boogie Cousins: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 6 fouls in 15 minutes  (Read 4094 times)

Re: Boogie Cousins: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 6 fouls in 15 minutes
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 11:44:28 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
People are already giving up? Seeessh......

A lot of people gave up 2 years ago.

Hopefully the 6 fouls in 15 minutes winds up being the most telling stat about his physical state going forward.

Seriously this defeatist attitude is ridiculous. This year the NBA has some issues with the over reliance three point shot however it’s become the most unpredictable season In a long time. Every top team looks vulnerable and a couple of the bottom feeders play scrappy to the point where there were a few upsets. It’s an exciting time to be an NBA fan. We play the games for a reason relax and don’t panic with Cousins on the warriors. There’s plenty of basketball to be played

It really is ridiculous. If Chris Paul stays healthy in the playoffs last year, GS maybe doesn't even make the Finals. Anything can happen.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The stat line is kind of meaningless. Everyone knew he would still have offense, but How was his defense? It was atrocious in new Orleans so post injury it should be even worse.  If he did have 6 fouls that says a lot about his ability to defend without fouling at least...

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 11:50:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The stat line is kind of meaningless. Everyone knew he would still have offense, but How was his defense? It was atrocious in new Orleans so post injury it should be even worse.  If he did have 6 fouls that says a lot about his ability to defend without fouling at least...

His defense in NOP wasn’t bad. Where are you getting that from.

I think his defense will be fine in the paint. If teams can get him out on the perimeter, he’ll struggle.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I think his defense will be fine in the paint. If teams can get him out on the perimeter, he’ll struggle.

My understanding is his defense in NO was good when he was engaged. But because it's Boogie, he wasn't always engaged. I think the thing that made his defense as strong as it was, though, was his combination of strength and mobility. If his mobility has taken a hit, teams are going to be able to abuse him and he's not a smart or committed enough defender to adjust.

This is the hope with Boogie.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
That’s been decided after one game?

I think it was decided when he signed.

By whom?

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 01:31:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

By whom?

People who have watched basketball the past four seasons.

A healthy Cousins added to a team that was one win away from a 4-peat makes the outcome pretty predictable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 01:44:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

in new Orleans He hemorrhaged turnovers at a record pace, and too often failed to get back on defense

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

By whom?

A healthy Cousins added to a team that was one win away from a 4-peat makes the outcome pretty predictable.

Pretty predictable or “unstoppable”? Unstoppable means inevitable. That’s what “people” predicted about the 1976-77 Sixers team with Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, George McGinnis and Lloyd Free.

Ask Bill Walton how that turned out.

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 01:51:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

By whom?

Pretty predictable or “unstoppable”? Unstoppable means inevitable. That’s what “people” predicted about the 1976-77 Sixers team with Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, George McGinnis and Lloyd Free.

The 50 win team with no history of playoff success?

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

By whom?

They were prohibitive favorites to win the championship that year. Just like you are predicting now for the Boogie Warriors.

How many wins are the Warriors projected to have this season? Probably in the 50’s.

How about the 67-68 Sixers? 

Or the 68-69 Lakers?

Or the 74-75 Bullets?

Each of those teams were heavy odds favorites to win the finals and failed. Two of them to the Celtics. The Bullets were trounced by the Warriors.

Stuff happens. Even in the NBA.

All the above is from my memory as I grew up watching all of those games so apologies if I am off by a year or two.

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

By whom?

They were prohibitive favorites to win the championship that year. Just like you are predicting now for the Boogie Warriors.

How many wins are the Warriors projected to have this season? Probably in the 50’s.

Or the 68-69 Lakers?

Or the 74-75 Bullets?

Each of those teams were heavy odds favorites to win the finals and failed. Two of them to the Celtics. The Bullets were trounced by the Warriors.

All the above is from my memory as I grew up watching all of those games so apologies if I am off by a year or two.

The Warriors aren’t just a collection of great talent. Their core has won 3 titles in 4 years, losing in 7 games in the other. They’re replacing Javale McGee with an All-NBA guy.

Sure, miracles can happen, but the odds of a healthy Warriors team losing are very slim.

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

By whom?

Then what’s the point in watching the games? Hand the Warriors the trophy and get this season over with.

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think it would be worth making the finals, even if there were no hope of beating the warriors.

Making the finals once gets you experience that will be valuable in getting there again. Two to three years from now the warriors won't be unstoppable. Maybe even next year they won't be unstoppable.

But, the way the season has gone so far, the warriors are irrelevant because the Celts will have a really hard time just getting past the sixers, bucks, pacers, and raps.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2019, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

By whom?

Or the 68-69 Lakers?

Or the 74-75 Bullets?

The Warriors aren’t just a collection of great talent. Their core has won 3 titles in 4 years, losing in 7 games in the other. They’re replacing Javale McGee with an All-NBA guy.

Sure, miracles can happen, but the odds of a healthy Warriors team losing are very slim.

I understand they are one of the all time great teams. But this is a very weird season, including for the Warriors.  I could see Toronto or Milwaukee giving them a heap of trouble in the finals.  Not so sure about us though, unless Hayward is close to pre-injury come playoffs (which is very doubtful) and we get our act together.

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
6 fouls in 15 minutes...LOL

I'm guessing Boogie isn't going to be much of a factor for GSW this year (no more so than Bogut was at the end).  I don't think a guy of his size is going to get enough of his mobility back after such an injury to not be a defensive liability.