Author Topic: Jaylen Brown for Zion Williamson?  (Read 3471 times)

Jaylen Brown for Zion Williamson?
« on: November 21, 2023, 12:12:19 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I am bored, so, with all that has happen in Zion Williamson's career, Would this trade be possible? If, Zion stays healthy, I think he would be the perfect fit for this team. Obviously, the only reason we could entertain it is how much time he missed.  I Love Jaylon, but he often falls into that selfish play. Zion is the kind of low post beast that would make this team extremely difficult to match up with.
I love Jaylen, but it would be worth the risk for me.

Re: Jaylen Brown for Zion Williamson?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 12:23:15 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 175
I am bored, so, with all that has happen in Zion Williamson's career, Would this trade be possible? If, Zion stays healthy, I think he would be the perfect fit for this team. Obviously, the only reason we could entertain it is how much time he missed.  I Love Jaylon, but he often falls into that selfish play. Zion is the kind of low post beast that would make this team extremely difficult to match up with.
I love Jaylen, but it would be worth the risk for me.
Then what do you do with Porzingas? Make him stay at the 3 point line for catch and shoot 3d? I think he's already complained about doing that for another team.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 12:24:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Seems like a major hit to the defense that does little to improve the offense.   

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 12:44:01 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
Can we get Brandon Ingram and Cody Zeller instead?

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
I would move Zion to Power Forward. KP at true center. The fact that KP can shoot is why he works so well with Zion.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 12:54:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
I think it would improve the offense a fair amount.  The team doesn't really have an interior scorer like Zion and he is a pretty darn good passer.  It removes a duplicative offensive player as well giving more variety.  Obviously individually Zion is a worse defender than Brown, but Zion is at least a big body that can play PF and moves Tatum back to SF full time where he is a better defender and player overall.

Holiday, White, Tatum, Zion, Zinger with PP, Hauser, Horford is a more balanced top 8. 

You'd have to be comfortable with Zion's medical, but that is a trade worth exploring this summer (especially if Zion makes it through the year relatively healthy).  Of course, I don't see why New Orleans would do this trade only to end up like Boston but with a lesser and more injured version of Tatum in Ingram.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 01:08:26 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 560
Guys, Jaylen can't be traded this year.

Can we take the year off from fake trades for a guy who literally can't be traded?

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2023, 01:35:09 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
I think it would improve the offense a fair amount.  The team doesn't really have an interior scorer like Zion and he is a pretty darn good passer.  It removes a duplicative offensive player as well giving more variety.  Obviously individually Zion is a worse defender than Brown, but Zion is at least a big body that can play PF and moves Tatum back to SF full time where he is a better defender and player overall.

Holiday, White, Tatum, Zion, Zinger with PP, Hauser, Horford is a more balanced top 8. 

You'd have to be comfortable with Zion's medical, but that is a trade worth exploring this summer (especially if Zion makes it through the year relatively healthy).  Of course, I don't see why New Orleans would do this trade only to end up like Boston but with a lesser and more injured version of Tatum in Ingram.

I recognize that Brown can't be traded until the off season but I agree with most of what Moranis says here.  I am not concerned about Porzingis and Zion overlapping.  I think that would be just fine.  One big can play the traditional PF role, the other the traditional C role.  Zion as a PF provides scoring, passing, ballhandling, and plenty of defense  Plus he can play a "wing-like" role to replace some of that shot/offensive creation that you get from Brown.  Porzingis is just the big guy who lumbers around but can shoot.

Durability is the big question of course but he his is on the court, I think the roster is more balanced and allows Tatum to play his natural position and play even more to his skills.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 03:11:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
I am seeing some criticism of Zion similar to the Amare criticism. Yes, Zion is giving up the ball more to allow others do their thing but no he isn't using that energy elsewhere to help the team. He is just as disengaged on defense as before.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 04:14:43 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Sorry, I would definitely let this season play out!! Would be an off season idea. Of course a long way to go.
But might be worth look at.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2023, 05:02:45 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203

I recognize that Brown can't be traded until the off season but I agree with most of what Moranis says here.  I am not concerned about Porzingis and Zion overlapping.  I think that would be just fine.  One big can play the traditional PF role, the other the traditional C role.  Zion as a PF provides scoring, passing, ballhandling, and plenty of defense  Plus he can play a "wing-like" role to replace some of that shot/offensive creation that you get from Brown.  Porzingis is just the big guy who lumbers around but can shoot.

Durability is the big question of course but he his is on the court, I think the roster is more balanced and allows Tatum to play his natural position and play even more to his skills.

You lost me with Zion providing plenty of defense...

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 05:23:17 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Even with all of Zion’s deficiencies, New Orleans isn’t doing that trade. Zion is marketable and sells tickets. His ceiling is still MVP candidate.

The Pelicans would ask for Brown, Prichard, Hauser & every pick the Celtics have.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2023, 09:57:07 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Just for curiosity, what about this for an offseason trade.

Celtics: Giddey, Bertans (expiring), 2025 Clippers 1st round swap (via OKC), 2025 76ers 1st round pick (via OKC), 2027 Nuggets 1st round pick (via OKC)

Thunder: Brown

—————————

Boston Celtics

Holiday
White
Giddey
Tatum
Porzingis

———

Oklahoma City Thunder

Gilgeous-Alexander
Williams
Brown
Holmgren
Williams
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 10:34:54 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2023, 10:51:43 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Just for curiosity, what about this next offseason trade.

Celtics: Giddey, Bertans (expiring), 2025 Clippers 1st round swap (via OKC), 2025 76ers 1st round pick (via OKC), 2027 Nuggets 1st round pick (via OKC)

Thunder: Brown

—————————

Boston Celtics

Holiday
White
Giddey
Tatum
Porzingis

———

Oklahoma City Thunder

Gilgeous-Alexander
Williams
Brown
Holmgren
Williams

Presti seems way too smart to do that. Also, if you're targeting Giddey, he better be the PG. I don't really know if Dalano Banton-ing him accomplishes anything, unless you're telling me Giddey is going to become a good shooter soon.

If we trade Brown and keep all the other 4 starters, what you really want is a length-y 3 and D wing and/or PF type coming back. Giddey might be tall, but his size advantage is taken away if he's playing against wings due to his skinny frame.

I do like that he's a passer which is a skill we desperately need, but I feel like he has to be a PG to really be special. That being said, you could do worse than getting a player like Giddey back even if it would require further calibration. I just don't think OKC would touch Jaylen because they're a smart organization and Brown isn't significantly better than Jalen Williams.

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2023, 02:49:13 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
"The Pelicans have repeatedly stressed to Williamson that his diet and conditioning need to improve," Wrote Pelican insider Christian Clark. "Williamson, multiple team sources have told The Times-Picayune, 'doesn’t listen.'”

I’ve seen recent clips of Zion where he looks gassed in the first quarter. At this point it seems as though he’s become a lost cause, very reminiscent of Eddie Curry.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 02:56:57 PM by Ed Monix »