Author Topic: immates run the asylum  (Read 2931 times)

Re: immates run the asylum
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Right on. After so many coach/GM dual role failures over the years, you'd think they'd learn to keep jobs separate. Lebron the GM is horrible. Picking his own coach/boss is rarely a good idea. Amazing how much better and how much he grew as a person when he went to Miami and worked for Riley, one of few in the league with bigger stones than LBJ. Wouldn't let him run Spoelstra out of town, put him in his place. And they won, partly as a result of having a strong organization.

I think the C's are solid enough, Dallas, and really only a couple of teams are strong enough organizations to avoid being taken hostage by one player.
i think we are stronger than Dallas. They had there one year but Cuban has made bad moves ever since.SA is the only organization I would say is above us. GSW has had a good 5 years but before that it sucked. Tatum and Brown seem to be great character players Holford and Heyward are class players. We have everything on the upswing. No Asylum here. Cleveland Yes.

Dallas is a top shelf franchise. They have committed, and kept their commitment, to Rick Carlyle, who is most certainly and clearly in charge. No BS place, and still considered a good place to play (except by Rondo, whose crap was not tolerated).  Hated catching games there; with all the lights and music while the ball is in play, it just drove me nuts.

But no way Carlyle let's any player waltz in and take over like these others do. Good outfit.
i don't think Dallas is a place FA go to play anymore. Rick Carlisle is an excellent coach. Cuban has lost his luster. IMO. Anybody that lets a future 2 time MVP go. Their current stance on Noel is not wise either. He will leave now. IMO. Look at SA with ginobil And Gasoline. Buford gets it done. If top self is 15 yes but top 5 no for Dallas. SA, GSW, Houston, Miami, Toronto, Boston, Portland clearly better.

We might be thinking of different things. I'm thinking of clubs solid enough to not be turned over by one player. There are plenty of teams with a plan, but not so many stand with it when the uberstars whine like sophomoric brats.
Yes Dallas does not take no crap. Rondo showed that for sure. I don't think Danny takes chances on headcases. Morris we shall see on....
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek