Author Topic: AD is on another level  (Read 8777 times)

AD is on another level
« on: February 17, 2019, 01:02:40 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Rather than over analyzing a mistimed hiccup from an interview in 2014, or talking about someone who heard someone’s step mom’s father say AD potentially might dislike our ball boy, let’s check out some positives of AD.  There’s a real chance he comes here so maybe we should look at the benefits and maybe appreciate it more than we’ve appreciated Kyrie so far as a whole.

When he was 22, only 3 years ago his game highs for the season were 59 points, 20 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals and 9 blocks.  The following year was 50 points, 22 boards, 6 assists, 5 steals, 6 blocks.  Last year was 53 points, 18 boards, 7 assists, 6 steals, 10 blocks.  This year was 48 points, 26 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 steals, 5 blocks.  He often leads the league in blocks with a career average of 2.4 per game.  We’ve needed a rim protector for decades.  He also shoots close to 52% for his career while shooting the 3.

Here he is going 59 and 20 on 24/34 shooting: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRatKdF-8mk

Here’s some sweet highlights from last season: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A82RyssMf_w

It’s sad to watch our fanbase try to doom and gloom every little thing that happens.  We should stop moaning and complaining when times are going great because 90% of the league doesn’t get it as good as we do.  Lets sit back and enjoy these years because after all, we’re chillin near the top.

Re: AD is on another level
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He's a future hall of famer

Don't forget he's also a NCAA champion. When Kentucky  entered the tourney that year everyone knew they would win it cuz of Davis

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
AD tothe Celtics is the great equalizer in the NBA spread of power.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We are on the cusp of getting someone of AD's caliper - in their PRIME.

When we got KG, he was CLEARLY on the decline, as he was 31. Still a GREAT player but clearly the window was closing on our team back then.

Now? We will potentially have Kyrie at 26...Smart(HOPEFULLY) at 25 or 26...AD at 26...GH at 27 or 28?

Big Al will be our elder statesman at 32? But with his vast array of talents and skills his game will age well.

We shouldn't pass on the opportunity.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Sounds like the 2nd coming of Wilt. Great.

Except Wilt loved LA and ended up there.

Celts have let that man know for over 4 years now that they covet him and feel he's a great fit for our team...he answers much like KD and Jackson in Phoenix.

You should listen to what the man is really saying, and not what your heart wants.

Gutting the team and getting rid of Tatum for someone who wants LA...I would see Danny as an imbecile for eternity.

That man is not the only player in the league. Just another dude that would feel good to BEAT. And ain't that what it's about...competition?

I hate all this help me, save me bs these "competitors" talk these days.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 01:34:21 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Celts have let that man know for over 4 years now that they covet him and feel he's a great fit for our team...he answers much like KD and Jackson in Phoenix.

You should listen to what the man is really saying, and not what your heart wants.

Gutting the team and getting rid of Tatum for someone who wants LA...I would see Danny as an imbecile for eternity.

That man is not the only player in the league. Just another dude that would feel good to BEAT. And ain't that what it's about...competition?

And here we go, that took 30 minutes.

All this, just like the Paul George rumors to LA.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 01:37:15 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
When JB first got here and played Lebron, he took it to him the best he could...he didn't want to JOIN the Cavs.

Whatever y'all say about his skills...that's a man right there and will always have his back.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I doubt those performances happen if he becomes a celtic.

Irving needs usage, horford needs usage and hayward needs usage. Not alot of ball to go around

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
When JB first got here and played Lebron, he took it to him the best he could...he didn't want to JOIN the Cavs.

Whatever y'all say about his skills...that's a man right there and will always have his back.

It’s a little easier to want to stay in Boston being surrounded with what they’re surrounded with.  AD gave 6 and a half years to the Pelicans and they couldn’t even put a decent wing next to him.  It’s not a great organization. 

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 01:41:14 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Irving needs usage, horford needs usage and hayward needs usage. Not alot of ball to go around

He doesn’t need to put up those numbers here, I was just showing what he’s capable of.   The grand majority of players in history are not capable of that in the same role that he’s in.

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 01:45:36 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

I can't tell if you're for or against my post :) But AD's response to us is no different than him pubicly declaring out of NO.

It is the exact same thing...if anyone said that on our team everyone would be packing his bags, so why keep drooling over this dude?

And yeah, I like his game but so what?

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

I can't tell if you're for or against my post :) But AD's response to us is no different than him pubicly declaring out of NO.

It is the exact same thing...if anyone said that on our team everyone would be packing his bags, so why keep drooling over this dude?

And yeah, I like his game but so what?

Because Danny is trading for him in July and has planned to do it for years.  I’m getting used to it now and I support it.  Everything said is politics at this point, he’s on another team.  The fake news will settle down once he’s been here for a year.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 02:00:38 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

He doesn’t need to put up those numbers here, I was just showing what he’s capable of.   The grand majority of players in history are not capable of that in the same role that he’s in.

I wouldn't say that, neccessarily.

Alot of guys, if given over 30% usage amd maximum opportunity can put up big numbers.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 02:03:19 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
But I liked what I saw from Williams against him being that raw, and as "great" as AD is.

To me that's Williams spot when he's ready...and the best part is our team stays intact.

And we don't take on another crazy contract. I know Horfords isn't gonna last long but that's still 3 without his.

And do you really wanna throw Horford and others away?

Do you want the Celts to actually be NO?

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

This