Author Topic: Rip will play  (Read 8901 times)

Re: Rip will play
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Wonder how it'll effect him?

Wouldn't it be ironic if he hurt it fouling a Celtic again?

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 06:21:28 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm sure Rip's arm will be strong enough to allow him to raise his arms incredulously and whine to the officials for 48 minutes.

But will his ability to clutch, grab, and choke Ray Allen be restricted?

I bet he can still scratch... something else for Ray Allen to look forward to (again).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Rip has shot over 57% from the field the last 3 games and averaged 24 PPG in the last 4 (53% from the field).

I got to believe that his shooting will be affected.

Wonder how it'll effect him?

Wouldn't it be ironic if he hurt it fouling a Celtic again?

I know this is the wrong thread for this comment, but you know you've been spending too much time on Celticsblog when you notice effect/affect in the same thread and reference the "Grammar Talk / How to use Affect/Effect Effectively or is it Affectively?" thread to see who actually used it correctly.

And also you know you spend too much time on Celticsblog when you spend 10 minutes actually thinking about which thread to post this in. This thread, "Grammar Talk" thread, or "Spend too much time on Celticsblog" thread  :-\

http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&topic=18294
http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&topic=10084

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 07:34:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've seen the replay over and over and I still don't see how Rip got injured... is he simply weak?

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Ohww my eye, ouch my 'bowe...Grrr, what a pain in the azz too...

I understand Ray needed to wear the sleeve to cover his scrapes and open wounds from the constant clawing as Rip the Pip doesn't cut his nails, he sharpens them ;)

Nothing a good ol' moving/leaning pick wouldn't square away ;)

"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
Ohww my eye, ouch my 'bowe...Grrr, what a pain in the azz too...

I understand Ray needed to wear the sleeve to cover his scrapes and open wounds from the constant clawing as Rip the Pip doesn't cut his nails, he sharpens them ;)

Nothing a good ol' moving/leaning pick wouldn't square away ;)

It that REALLY why Ray has to wear a sleeve? Are the refs saying he can't be on the court with open cuts, and therefore acknowledging that someone has been scratching and clawing him, yet at the same time, ignoring that it is obviously hamilton who is doing it? talk about selective perception...jeez....

the refereeing has been downright awful the whole postseason, and not just for the Celtics. Doesn't the name "Kenny Mauer" immediately make you think, "THERE'S someone who's bad at his job"?.