Author Topic: Rip will play  (Read 8866 times)

Re: Rip will play
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Some one like Rip, who has such a soft touch and relies on it so much, is going to have a tough time adjusting to it felling completely different.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Game plan. Set double picks for Ray Allen until Rip's arm falls off.
Yes, now that's what I'm talking about ;D

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I know we all half jokingly say to be physical with an injured player, but this idea is completely ethical and legal if done with sportsmanship.  In any sport, if a member of the other team lets it be known that he's playing injured, you HAVE to take advantage of the situation.

Anytime Rip goes for a layup, there is nothing wrong with giving a hard foul to his shooting arm.  As many have said, hard picks should always be set, so this is fair as well.  Run him into picks in such a way that it's on his right arm that he's getting contact.

This is what a series is all about.  You need to take advantage of opportunities when they arise.  Call it luck or whatever, but if Rasheed starts getting crazy, I see nothing wrong with provoking him to lose his mind out there.  We just need to play by the rules and take advantage of their injuries/lunacy.

Finish them.

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I can't believe he's ok!  ::)

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I know we all half jokingly say to be physical with an injured player, but this idea is completely ethical and legal if done with sportsmanship.  In any sport, if a member of the other team lets it be known that he's playing injured, you HAVE to take advantage of the situation.

Anytime Rip goes for a layup, there is nothing wrong with giving a hard foul to his shooting arm.  As many have said, hard picks should always be set, so this is fair as well.  Run him into picks in such a way that it's on his right arm that he's getting contact.

This is what a series is all about.  You need to take advantage of opportunities when they arise.  Call it luck or whatever, but if Rasheed starts getting crazy, I see nothing wrong with provoking him to lose his mind out there.  We just need to play by the rules and take advantage of their injuries/lunacy.

Finish them.

That's right, it's part of the game, and it's also a matter of pride. Can you imagine the headlines if Rip torches us tonight and leads them to victory?

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 02:09:02 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

Finish them.

That's right, it's part of the game, and it's also a matter of pride. Can you imagine the headlines if Rip torches us tonight and leads them to victory?

Agreed, nothing wrong with a clean and hard foul.

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
How can you allegedly be unable to tie your shoes and have your arm in a sling one day and 48 hours later, be ok to shoot a basketball?

He probably just tweaked his arm, but as is his stlye, he exaggerated it to ridiculous levels.

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 02:21:51 PM »

Offline radiodavidm

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 6
How can you allegedly be unable to tie your shoes and have your arm in a sling one day and 48 hours later, be ok to shoot a basketball?

He probably just tweaked his arm, but as is his stlye, he exaggerated it to ridiculous levels.

I agree, but I would take it further and say that some of the talk coming out of the Pistons organization in the last 24+ hours is disinformation, intended to lure the Celtics into thinking that this game might be easier than it's really going to be. 

But I find Rip to be one of the most repulsive players in the NBA - dirty player who also flops like crazy.  My guess is that he will be just about 100% tonight.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm sure Rip's arm will be strong enough to allow him to raise his arms incredulously and whine to the officials for 48 minutes.

But will his ability to clutch, grab, and choke Ray Allen be restricted?

Hehe...I think Allen caught him in an arm bar and made a wish..Amazing cause Hamilton was choking him
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 03:24:21 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
If he plays well, then as far as I'm concerned he's a faker.

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I can't believe he's ok!  ::)

LOL.  I feel the same way.  I had no doubt whatsoever that he would play tonight.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Must be Rip Hamilton's ride!!!

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Rip will PLAY
     &
Rip will PAY

Yup

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Looks like he was just hit on the funnybone. Bogus injury.

If he really is hurt, we'll see how good Rip really is.  Bird would have played lefthanded and dropped 35 on the Pistons in this situation.

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'd like to see someone rip his arm out by the shoulder socket and cave his skull in with it.

Plastic mask won't save him from that.