Author Topic: Ridiculous NBA Finals Schedule  (Read 6322 times)

Re: Ridiculous NBA Finals Schedule
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the lively discussion, but aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?

I am reminded of (a) Red Sox painting the field at Fenway in 2003 before finishing off the Yankees...
and (b) Bob Kraft taking out a trademark on "19-0".  Enough with the jinxes already.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What suck about this most is the 2-3-2 format. That doesn't favor us if you think about it with our history on the road. If LA steals one at home, we are in a world of hurt then. I have always wished that the would do the 2-2-1-1-1. That is the fairest way to do it. # at home in a row gives the that team an edge in my opinion even though they have 1 less home game >:(

Wait, am I missing something?  They change the home/away "schedule" just for the Finals?  Because for the entire playoffs thus far it has been 2-2-1-1-1...I was unaware if this is true, and if it is it's also silly and ludicrous!

Yep, it gets changed.  The league implemented this set up back in '84 or '85, mostly to cut down on travel time between the two coasts.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »

Offline Stu

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 44
I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the lively discussion, but aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?

I am reminded of (a) Red Sox painting the field at Fenway in 2003 before finishing off the Yankees...
and (b) Bob Kraft taking out a trademark on "19-0".  Enough with the jinxes already.

Good point.  But the schedule is dumb, whether it's the Celtics or the Pistons.  Go Celts!

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Good point.  But the schedule is dumb, whether it's the Celtics or the Pistons.  Go Celts!

Yes, the schedule is dumb, agreed.  By the way, welcome to the board and TP for the interesting topic.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've mentioned this before, even started a thread about it a couple of weeks ago... the NBA does poor playoff scheduling, and obviously do little thinking when they plan it. If they do a bit of thinking, they certainly have the wrong priorities.