Author Topic: The biggest game in Celtic History  (Read 7758 times)

Re: The biggest game in Celtic History
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 01:17:25 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
It is nice to be talking about important Celtics basketball instead of whining about our luck in the lottery.

I don't think this is the biggest game in Celtics history but yeah, one of the biggest since the Larry Bird ERA ended 16 years ago (fitting perhaps?).

I'll say it is another career defining game for KG, RA, and PP though. Add this list: Rondo and Perkins. If they don't win either tonight or Sunday, it could be a devastating blow to their careers.

Had they lost the game 7 against Atlanta, the season was over.  Had they lost the game 7 against Cleveland, the season was over.  If they lose tonight, they get to keep playing.

This game isn't the biggest game of this season, or even the second biggest game of this season, nevermind the biggest in Celtics history or the biggest since the Bird Era.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Re: The biggest game in Celtic History
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 01:22:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Had they lost the game 7 against Atlanta, the season was over.  Had they lost the game 7 against Cleveland, the season was over.  If they lose tonight, they get to keep playing.

This game isn't the biggest game of this season, or even the second biggest game of this season, nevermind the biggest in Celtics history or the biggest since the Bird Era.

Yup, agreed. 

CT34 has an opinion that's cast in stone on this one.  I see the idea, just don't agree with it.  That's why they make lots of flavors I guess.
Yup