Author Topic: If we lose this series, I will NOT be rooting for the Lakers  (Read 4044 times)

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I understand that Kobe is having an MVP season and an MVP playoffs.  You would think that because the Pistons would've beat us that I would root for the Lakers.

No way.

After everything that Kobe put his team and teammates through last summer, he doesn't deserve it.  Talkin' about his "brothers" and how he couldn't win the MVP trophy without his teammates...these are the same teammates which he kicked under the bus before the season started.

Plus, they stole Pau Gasol from Memphis haha.

Re: If we lose this series, I will NOT be rooting for the Lakers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 12:37:58 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
There is 1 main reason to never root for LA.

They can catch up to our banner count.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 01:24:58 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
mahonedog - why would any Celtic fan ever be for the Lakers for any reason ..........

........  and guava is right - we cannot let the Lakers win more banners than us - never.  i really hate to hear these gen-X radio loudmouths talk about the Lakers being the most accomplished franchise across NBA history.

The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:45 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
(a) you're getting way ahead of yourself -- Cs have the better chance to move on to the Finals, and I think, pray, and voodoo the tv set that they will (I think we will see Road W number 2 on Friday night).

(b) why would anyone in their right minds ever root for the Lakers anyway?

My favorite teams:
(1) Celtics
(2) Red Sox
(3) Whoever is playing the Yankees
(4) Whoever is playing the Lakers
(5) Patriots
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 01:40:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
There's no way any self-respecting Celtics fan would ever root for the Lakers ... if we don't make it to the Finals, the Pistons will have a legion of green fans in their corner, (even me ... and I hate the Pistons almost as much as the Lakers). The LA banner count should never be allowed to catch up to the Celtics ... that would be a travesty, indeed.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 01:59:13 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
If we lose this Detroit series, I don't plan on watching the Finals and probably won't think about NBA basketball in depth until the draft, anyway... But man I hate the LA Lakers saying that they have 14 championships. That's bullcrap... LA has NINE, not no [dang] 14.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 03:56:35 AM »

Offline Kiwicelt

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
we cannot let the Lakers win more banners than us - never. 

There's the Phil Jackson must never win more championships than Red argument as well!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
we cannot let the Lakers win more banners than us - never. 

There's the Phil Jackson must never win more championships than Red argument as well!!!
It's a lock that Phil passes out Red. If it's not this year it'll be the next or one after that. This Lakers team is way too good and they haven't even gotten Bynum back yet. They'll be the frontrunner for the title for the next few years.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 05:39:48 AM »

Offline westupcali

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I would just would like to say that I've been a fan of the celtics since the 80's. I am from the Orange county area, CA. I was listening to the radio while heading to LAX to pick up my pops at the airport. Boy do I not want these lakes to win a championship. You know what though, I think our Celtics will be fine if we play the lakes. I am the only Celtic fan in my classroom, my teacher is a big time laker and it sucks to be around these arrogant foolios, hehe. But for real, i'm praying for our Celtics, especially mr. Celtic veteran captain Paul Pierce. Yeah he is from L.A. and i'm sure he wants this real bad. I hope we can take this one tomorrow from Detroit. Oh yeah one more thing, when ever my laker friends try and put me down, i jus tell em, make all the jokes you want cause we are 16X champions, boo yah. Peace

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 05:46:47 AM »

Offline westupcali

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I understand that Kobe is having an MVP season and an MVP playoffs.  You would think that because the Pistons would've beat us that I would root for the Lakers.

No way.

After everything that Kobe put his team and teammates through last summer, he doesn't deserve it.  Talkin' about his "brothers" and how he couldn't win the MVP trophy without his teammates...these are the same teammates which he kicked under the bus before the season started.

Plus, they stole Pau Gasol from Memphis haha.

you know anyone can be voted to become an MVP, but the question is you got to earn being an NBA champion. So he was voted an MVP, I want to see him prove if he deserves that he is an MVP. Plus yeah he through his team mates under the bus before the start of the season

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm going to go start my "If the Red Sox do not win, I'm not rooting for the Yankees" thread in the MLB forum now.

;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
If Detroit is winning toward the end of game 7 and a loss in immenent. you will here this

BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 09:05:55 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
If Detroit is winning toward the end of game 7 and a loss in immenent. you will here this

BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...BEAT LA...

There won't be a game 7.  But if there is the Celtics will win it in 7. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

There won't be a game 7.  But if there is the Celtics will win it in 7. 

Better idea,  When the Celts win tonight the Pistons fans can chant the same.  Turnabouts fair play. 
Yup

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Never in a million years would I cheer for the Lakers in any circumstance.

Ten teams that I would cheer for over the Lakers

10. The 1972 Russian Basketball Team

9.  The Charlie Manson All-Stars

8.  Indicted Senators & Congressmen

7.  Bibby, Artest, Wallace, Spree & Marbury coached by Issah

6.  Sexually Deviant Defrocked Priests

5.  Al-Queda Globetrotters

4.  A-rod & Friends (special appearance by Rocket Rog)

3.  Fox News Anchors

2.  Colorado Supermax Superstars

1.  These guys

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.