Author Topic: Hamilton is officially the most annoying player I have ever watched  (Read 17442 times)

Re: Hamilton is officially the most annoying player I have ever watched
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 05:09:26 PM »

Offline NUMBA 17

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
gotta jump in on this one because Ive been saying this for a while...i wanna give TPs to everyone who calls him out...he is a SNEAKY DIRTY borderline punk...cant stand watching him, I really cant....his flailing, scratching...he should be drafted into the WNBA.....Ray Allen has more class and restraint then I ever could hope to have in dealing with this idiot all series long...

I almost wanted Posey to take a shot at him when they squared up real quick that one time (of course after Rip had pushed him in the back)....

And though I am NOT one of those sick people who truly wish injury on a player, when he got hurt after bear-hugging Ray Allen, I had to say it was JUSTICE.....got what he deserves...

and has anyone ever had the thought as to why this guy is allowed to wear that mask, even though he no longer has any medical use for it?  Ever wonder if it makes this guy more brazen to do half the dirty stuff he does?  this guy has gotten dirtier as the years go on, and it coincides with him wearing that mask.......this is the league who cracked down on the "tights", but they allow this guy to run around with a plastic mask on ....  
"Dont give up...dont ever give up..."   J. Valvano

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 05:53:29 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Now see, I kinda liked Reggie if solely for what he did to the Knicks and Spike Lee.  But Hamilton is not even the most annoying Piston.

Those of us old enough to remember have to go with Laimbeer.  Hamilton is up there and even close, but he does not top Laimbeer in my list of most annoying players.  I'm not sure he beats The Worm either.  Or Isaiah.

Lord, what that franchise hath wrought . . .

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 05:58:52 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
gotta jump in on this one because Ive been saying this for a while...i wanna give TPs to everyone who calls him out...he is a SNEAKY DIRTY borderline punk...cant stand watching him, I really cant....his flailing, scratching...he should be drafted into the WNBA.....Ray Allen has more class and restraint then I ever could hope to have in dealing with this idiot all series long...

I almost wanted Posey to take a shot at him when they squared up real quick that one time (of course after Rip had pushed him in the back)....

And though I am NOT one of those sick people who truly wish injury on a player, when he got hurt after bear-hugging Ray Allen, I had to say it was JUSTICE.....got what he deserves...

and has anyone ever had the thought as to why this guy is allowed to wear that mask, even though he no longer has any medical use for it?  Ever wonder if it makes this guy more brazen to do half the dirty stuff he does?  this guy has gotten dirtier as the years go on, and it coincides with him wearing that mask.......this is the league who cracked down on the "tights", but they allow this guy to run around with a plastic mask on ....  

TP for taking the words right out of my mouth.

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
All you need to know about Rip is that he appeared to get his injury by literally putting Ray in a headlock. They showed the replay after Rip got hurt to see what happened, and that's all I saw. Rip harassing Ray like he's been all series long.

Yeah, the replay was funny -- couldn't figure out where the injury came from, but maybe it will make Rip think twice before pulling the old headlock manouver again. 

Another thing to add to the list of annoying things about the Pistons -- Billups drawing fouls by kicking his opponent on the way down -- Remember House doubled over in pain a few games back after Billups kicked him in the b@lls?  Tough luck House, you made contact with the shooter!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
He's annoying but Ole Bill was worse.

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
The Celtics weren't the chokers last night- Rip was.

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008, 07:34:57 PM »

Offline rathcor

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
John Stockton was also pretty bad with the annoying fouls that where never seen or called.  

Rip really p---ed me off one game this series when going around a screen he grabbed a celtics jersey and used it as leverage(like a ball tied to a pole).  i cant remember which game it was.

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2008, 10:31:11 AM »

Offline painter33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

[/quote]Another thing to add to the list of annoying things about the Pistons -- Billups drawing fouls by kicking his opponent on the way down -- Remember House doubled over in pain a few games back after Billups kicked him in the b@lls?  Tough luck House, you made contact with the shooter![/quote]

Did you see the two-footed kick he (Billups) tried out in the fourth quarter - it looked like he was trying to swim in the air.  The Pistons seem to be the worst, or is it the best, man-for-man hackers in the league.  I can't think of another team whose players so routinely flop, fake, hold, hack and list list goes on.  If they had to play a straight game they'd lose by 30 points.  Even when the C's were called for fewer fouls, the Pistons could have racked up at least  10-15 more fouls, but the refs know it would be ridiculous so they let a lot of the fouls go.  An interesting strategy - just keep fouling and them they'll stop calling them.  I think this accounts for the Pistons better second half numbers and comebacks.  It's ugly and corrupts the game.

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
He's annoying but Ole Bill was worse.

Ole Bill looked waaaaaay
badder in the Mask.

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »

Offline spelz

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 13
I am glad to hear I am not the only one who is tired of watching him grab, scratch, and cheap-shot throughout this series.  He is constantly mugging the Celtics, but because of his slight build, he never seems to get called for it.  I almost dislike him as much as I dislike Isiah and Bill Lambier.

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:48 AM »

Offline spelz

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 13
Did you see the two-footed kick he (Billups) tried out in the fourth quarter - it looked like he was trying to swim in the air.  The Pistons seem to be the worst, or is it the best, man-for-man hackers in the league.  I can't think of another team whose players so routinely flop, fake, hold, hack and list list goes on.  If they had to play a straight game they'd lose by 30 points.  Even when the C's were called for fewer fouls, the Pistons could have racked up at least  10-15 more fouls, but the refs know it would be ridiculous so they let a lot of the fouls go.  An interesting strategy - just keep fouling and them they'll stop calling them.  I think this accounts for the Pistons better second half numbers and comebacks.  It's ugly and corrupts the game.[/

TP for you.  This is exactly how I feel watching these games.  The Pistons know they can just hack the crap out of their opponents and the refs will eventually stop calling them.

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
If Hamilton was a member of the Celtics, the same people attacking him for his game would be praising him.  Paul Pierce has been flopping around quite a bit this series, but I haven't seen threads excoriating him over it for page after page.  The NBA has been ignoring the rulebook for decades, and the players take that into account when they are on the floor. 

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
i still have yet to get a response from those who think rip is faking an injury, why would he cost his team a game to prove a point to an offical?

if you believe he's faking, it means that he decided his own personal selling of a call, well after he knew he wasn't going to get the call, lead him to sit out his teams final minute of play for no reason.

as i said, i don't think the injury is catastrophic, but clearly it exists.

rip is many things- a flopper, a *cough* savy veteran* when it comes to getting away with fouls, and a whiner, but ive never seen him quit on his team.

if you really think he just faked an injury to get out of the game last night, you have to believe he was either to stupid to realize they were out of timeouts and would have no way to get him back in the game, or he's the most selfish player ive ever seen, and tossed his teamates under the bus to go fake an injury on the bench.

i happen to believe neither is true.

A good theory I heard as to why Rip would "fake" the injury: he was trying to buy time for the Pistons to set up a play since they were out of timeouts.  They discussed this on WEEI.  After Rip carried on for a while, Glenn Ordway said he overheard an official tell Rip he had to get off the floor, or he would get a delay of game technical.  At that point, he couldn't suddenly act like he was fine.

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2008, 11:55:56 AM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
If Hamilton was a member of the Celtics, the same people attacking him for his game would be praising him.  Paul Pierce has been flopping around quite a bit this series, but I haven't seen threads excoriating him over it for page after page.  The NBA has been ignoring the rulebook for decades, and the players take that into account when they are on the floor. 

Paul Pierce definitely creates contact with the intention of getting fouled.  He also flops on charges after he plants his feet.  Everyone does that.  But he isn't even close to Hamilton in terms of hand-fighting, scratching, tripping, clutching, soccer-flopping, faking injuries, etc.

Paul Pierce doesn't intentionally break the rules.  Hamiltion does. 

(And Hamilton wears a mask)

After fracturing his nose three times in the 2003-2004 season, Hamilton began wearing a protective mask. He has continued to wear the mask since it has become a symbol of strength. Hamilton says "It's like my Superman cape."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hamilton_%28basketball%29

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 12:10:33 PM »

Offline earl

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Paul Pierce and Chauncey Billups are very similar in that regard. They make offensive plays looking to draw contact, and occasionally go to the hoop and focus more on drawing a foul than scoring.

I find that somewhat tiresome, but it doesn't compare to Rip and I don't hear a lot of people here overly complaining about CB.