Author Topic: Hayward 100% recovery-  (Read 4512 times)

Re: Hayward 100% recovery-
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 01:07:17 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Before his hardware removal Gordon was playing one on one.
While taking out hardware they had the opportunity to view bone,tissue and muscle.All fine at 100%
Kyrie broke his kneecap which has completely healed and with no structural damage and the infection was a unfortunate setback.But now the screws are out we got back two all Stars that will be raring to play.
As to Hayward being cautious, good and Kyrie has been playing through irritation even before coming to Celts..So he will be liberated.
Now, all we need is Theis not to have lost any stability in his knee that might effect his defense and shot blocking..
I dare to say Kyrie comes back better and Hayward is super competitive and i think a quick forgetter like Marcus.He dislocates his fingers ,then his knee but it was the high ankle sprain had him in pain till mid summer and limited his rookie season .

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 01:46:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm hopeful for Hayward's recovery, but I don't expect him to be 100% for a while, if ever.

Ainge and medical staff disagree..

“Gordon felt like he was making great strides and getting close, but he still had a little bit of pain in one little spot that persisted over the last couple months,” Ainge said during his weekly radio appearance on 98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Toucher & Rich.”

“(The Celtics’ medical staff) felt like it was being caused by the hardware, and they just took the hardware and did some testing on it, and tested that his left foot is even stronger than his right foot when that pain is alleviated. So, they just felt like they were going to get the hardware out"

His bone had completely healed and the muscles and tissues and everything had all healed, and they just wanted to get that hardware out. So, that was the safest bet of him being 100 percent by next year so there wouldn’t be any lingering effects.”

So can you explain in plain English what this actually means? How did they "take the hardware" while it was still in his foot?

I think it means: a doctor surgically removed the pins/plates/screws that another doctor inserted into his leg/foot to help stabilize the area while it healed. Now that the bone is fully healed, they removed the "hardware" because they believe it was causing pain and it's no longer necessary to stabilize the bone.
That doesn't explain how they "took the hardware and tested it" before the decision was made to remove it from his foot.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 01:52:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
I'm hopeful for Hayward's recovery, but I don't expect him to be 100% for a while, if ever.

“Gordon felt like he was making great strides and getting close, but he still had a little bit of pain in one little spot that persisted over the last couple months,” Ainge said during his weekly radio appearance on 98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Toucher & Rich.”

“(The Celtics’ medical staff) felt like it was being caused by the hardware, and they just took the hardware and did some testing on it, and tested that his left foot is even stronger than his right foot when that pain is alleviated. So, they just felt like they were going to get the hardware out"

His bone had completely healed and the muscles and tissues and everything had all healed, and they just wanted to get that hardware out. So, that was the safest bet of him being 100 percent by next year so there wouldn’t be any lingering effects.”

You mean the same people who told us that Kyrie’s knee was no concern and he would be fine for the playoffs a couple of weeks before declaring he had surgery and was out for the season?

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

You mean the same people who told us that Kyrie’s knee was no concern and he would be fine for the playoffs a couple of weeks before declaring he had surgery and was out for the season?
are you saying the medical staff is bad because they didn’t foresee a rare infection that could have eaten his bone away and ended his career?

They caught the infection early and by luck

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 02:02:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

So can you explain in plain English what this actually means? How did they "take the hardware" while it was still in his foot?

I think it means: a doctor surgically removed the pins/plates/screws that another doctor inserted into his leg/foot to help stabilize the area while it healed. Now that the bone is fully healed, they removed the "hardware" because they believe it was causing pain and it's no longer necessary to stabilize the bone.
That doesn't explain how they "took the hardware and tested it" before the decision was made to remove it from his foot.

Drill?

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 02:03:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Drill?
So that's just a ham-fisted way of saying "they scoped his foot and decided to take the plates/screws out".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

are you saying the medical staff is bad because they didn’t foresee a rare infection that could have eaten his bone away and ended his career?

I’m saying don’t take their word on any prognosis. I believe they are doing the right things and do a good job, but they are insincere in their public statements regarding player prognosis and not fully forthcoming on the full extent of injuries

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 03:53:06 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I’m saying don’t take their word on any prognosis. I believe they are doing the right things and do a good job, but they are insincere in their public statements regarding player prognosis and not fully forthcoming on the full extent of injuries

They keep injuries close to the vest, yes, but does that mean you should be so pessimistic and say you don't "expect him to be 100% for a while, if ever"? Is there any player injury example that would lead you to believe or is it just combining the Celtics quietness with pure pessimism?

The latest update we have does sound promising...
Danny Ainge said Gordon Hayward is progressing well. He’s able to play 1-on-1 already. Should be able to do full basketball work within the next couple of months.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

They keep injuries close to the vest, yes, but does that mean you should be so pessimistic and say you don't "expect him to be 100% for a while, if ever"? Is there any player injury example that would lead you to believe or is it just combining the Celtics quietness with pure pessimism?

The latest update we have does sound promising...
Danny Ainge said Gordon Hayward is progressing well. He’s able to play 1-on-1 already. Should be able to do full basketball work within the next couple of months.

If he gets to the point where he is fully healed, then he is fully healed. It has a lot less to do with that for me and a lot more to do with the fact that he will be a 29 year old 1x all-star who will not have played competitive basketball in more than 18 months by the time next season starts.

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
29 is right in his prime, the fact that he made 1 all star team doesn't mean anything, he's a big time player. If he's healed, he'll be the one of the two best players on the team.

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 04:24:44 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
29 is right in his prime, the fact that he made 1 all star team doesn't mean anything, he's a big time player. If he's healed, he'll be the one of the two best players on the team.

If he is a big time player why could he only lead the Utah Jazz to the playoffs once in his seven years as a player there? If you make the argument that his teams were bad, then why could he only average more than 20ppg once in his career thus far? Why has he never shot better than 50% from the field? Why is he only a 1x all-star? What makes him a "big time" player?

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 04:31:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

If he is a big time player why could he only lead the Utah Jazz to the playoffs once in his seven years as a player there? If you make the argument that his teams were bad, then why could he only average more than 20ppg once in his career thus far? Why has he never shot better than 50% from the field? Why is he only a 1x all-star? What makes him a "big time" player?
because Hayward was a project his first few years , and the last few years the West was stacked. How do you become an all star when Kobe automatically fills a slot?

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 04:34:03 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I'm not claiming he's a top ten guy, but he's a very good player. He didn't burst onto the scene right away the way some guys do, his first four years he steadily progressed and now he is an excellent player. He didn't lead the team to the playoffs because as I said, he's not at that elite level, and in a deep western conference making the playoffs was harder than in the east. He can score at all three levels, plays good defense, can handle the ball, and has high basketball IQ.

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 04:42:53 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

because Hayward was a project his first few years , and the last few years the West was stacked. How do you become an all star when Kobe automatically fills a slot?

Kobe Bryant filled a spot as a starter/fan vote. The fact that Hayward is proclaimed by many posters to be a great player but could only make one all-star appearance as a reserve is telling. For comparison, by the time Pierce completed his seventh season in the league, he had already made four all-star appearances. Pierce played on bad teams during this time period just like Hayward.

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

For starters, Hayward turned 28 a couple of months ago. I'm not sure what your points are to be exact. Are you saying he's not a big time player because he made the all-star team at age 26, but didn't make it before? That's easy to understand. The west is absolutely loaded and Hayward worked very hard on developing his once frail body, as well as his overall game. The 20 ppg is also easy to understand. Not only does Hayward not force shots, but he had two years where he was on the verge (19 ppg).

On Hayward's all-star berth, where I'm sure you would agree he made it over some "big time" players...
Choosing the NBA’s Western Conference All-Star team is always difficult due to the incredible depth of starpower in the conference. This year was no exception. For a third straight year, Damian Lillard missed the roster, while an injured Chris Paul (who wouldn’t have played in the game anyway) didn’t end up being selected.

The other two major snubs are Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns, who each were passed over in favor of DeAndre Jordan.