Author Topic: Welcome to the Multimedia Forum!  (Read 33869 times)

Welcome to the Multimedia Forum!
« on: March 24, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
In recent months we've come to use dynamic mediums more at CelticsBlog. We have seen how our members both enjoy those and also how in many instances some get involved with creating their own audio, video and other multimedia works. We decided it might be nice to have a forum dedicated to discussions of those technologies and their uses that was open to everyone around here.

We do not have the forums currently configured so that various offsite multimedia formats can be embedded directly into posts. We are somewhat hesitant to allow forum pages to be filled with such content too given the sizable number of our members and visitors who are on slow, low-bandwidth connections. On the other hand, most folks on slower connections probably wouldn't be particularly interested in viewing a lot of high-bandwidth content anyway, so we may add some mm embedding capabilities at some point that can be used at least in this part of the forums.

Meanwhile, members who are interested in sharing their own or other works would be to use the "Insert Hyperlink" button on your editor in order to provide folks with a live, offsite link to those.

I've also expanded the range of file types that can be attached to posts to include: flv, swf, mov, mp4, wmv, avi, mpg, mpeg, rm, ram, mp3 and wma. However there are some restrictions on this.
  • You can attach up to two files to a post.
  • Neither file can be larger than 1.2mb and both cannot be larger than 1.9mb.
  • Each person will also only be allocated up to 10mb of storage here for attachments, but no more.
The reason for these limitations should be obvious... we are CelticsBlog, not YouTube. However, if some of you would like to donate the $10,000 or more a year it could cost for us to set up a managed dedicated streaming server with all the bandwidth it will need, then we'll get right on it as soon as your check clears the bank. Seriously though, we do hope you enjoy this new addition to CelticsBlog forums. Have fun!
Yo no soy para el delicado!

Re: Welcome to the Multimedia Forum!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:02:39 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Nice addition.  I'm sure some guys will be living in this forum.  It looks like we may have lost the #1 contributor of random player mixes though.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 02:04:22 PM by ChampKind »
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
That's a nice step/upgrade.  I know I will appreciate the added content, and I'm pretty sure that other posters that have access to high bandwidth internet will enjoy it as well.  Thank you!  :)

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Just replied to a random thread to get something other than the game thread on the board.

Sad..
Sad...sad.