Author Topic: Report: C's think story of Kyrie's interest in NY planted by "cheap" Rich Paul  (Read 4458 times)

Online timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Have to wonder how David Stern would have handled this mess. Silver seems to have stayed out of it except for the latest $100K fine for sitting AD this season. I did see Steve A Smith speculate that the league my have directed Demps to hold AD.

Looking at the time line of events (my order might be a little off) its pretty ridiculous.

Lebron signs with Lakers 7/2/2018

AD Signs with Klutch 9/23/18

Lakers sign weird mix of vets to fill out roster on 1 years deals Rondo, Beasley, Stephenson 7/6-10/18

AD demands trade 1/28/19

Porzingis is traded and Irving and KD/AD to Knicks rumors pick up 2/1/19

AD Sr states he doesn't want son in Boston 2/2/19

Going all the way back to the summer this was such an obvious play of entitlement from Lebron, Magic and AD.

And a TP for a nice summary.  LeBUM and his butt pal Rich Paul are a blight on the NBA and American sports.

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The next five years are going to be interesting times for the NBA.

The core value proposition is that fans bond with their teams and believe they represent their city. However, everyone involved is now pushing the limits of their leverage, maximizing profit and power, and using marginal leverage to their own benefit. The media is becoming unbearable because the fans are responding to every scrap of information, real or imagined. Media, Players, Agents, Coaches, Management and Owners all playing cutthroat.

There was always some of this before. But now, everyone is acting this way, full out. We even have players parents getting into the act.

Will the center hold? Will the fans eventually realize that this isn't "their team"? Will they puke out this mess and stop paying attention? If we wipe out our current team again, what are we rooting for? Is this just one big fantasy league exercise?

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
league really needs to start looking into tampering by players.

Its one thing for players to talk to eachother about playing together.

its totally different thing for a player to start an agency with his best friend, have all-stars sign to that agency, and then use that agency to sabotage other teams and spread rumors to try and push those all-stars to his team whether that is in their best interests or not.

what Lebron did to try and sabotage the Pelicans, Celtics and other teams is despicable. if a GM did this they would be in hot water with the league.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
TPs to CE, the OP and to Phantom.

Saw this somewhere today, and while it’s pretty funny, I doubt its veracity:

“Pelicans hate Klutch sports. Word was that they called them at 3:01 pm yesterday and said they were finally ready to make a deal...”

If true, Talk about rubbing it in and mocking.

Not sure if you saw it from me, but I wrote that in another thread as a joke lol

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

“Pelicans hate Klutch sports. Word was that they called them at 3:01 pm yesterday and said they were finally ready to make a deal...”

Not sure if you saw it from me, but I wrote that in another thread as a joke lol

Celticsclay has sources confirmed  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Maybe the Celtics do feel that way, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There have been rumblings all year well before Rich Paul/ AD  made any move to try and get him to the Lakers. Then things picked up when the Knicks traded Kristaps leading many to conclude they must think they have a shot at upper level free agents like Durant and Kyrie. Unless Rich Paul is secretly running the kicks I don't see how that's his fault. Then things picked up even more when Kyrie made the comments he did about "ask me on July 1." Again, don't see how that is Rich Paul's doing. So maybe Rich Paul has been planting the seeds, but the story is what it is because of circumstances largely outside Rich Pauls control including Kyries own comments and the Celtics not being as good as many thought. And yes, I have no doubt Paul is fueling these stories behind the scenes to leverage AD t the Lakers, but  honestly have no problem with that. His job is to get his client where that client wants to go.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

The core value proposition is that fans bond with their teams and believe they represent their city. However, everyone involved is now pushing the limits of their leverage, maximizing profit and power, and using marginal leverage to their own benefit. The media is becoming unbearable because the fans are responding to every scrap of information, real or imagined. Media, Players, Agents, Coaches, Management and Owners all playing cutthroat.

There was always some of this before. But now, everyone is acting this way, full out. We even have players parents getting into the act.

Will the center hold? Will the fans eventually realize that this isn't "their team"? Will they puke out this mess and stop paying attention? If we wipe out our current team again, what are we rooting for? Is this just one big fantasy league exercise?
Well put. TP.

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Maybe the Celtics do feel that way, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There have been rumblings all year well before Rich Paul/ AD  made any move to try and get him to the Lakers. Then things picked up when the Knicks traded Kristaps leading many to conclude they must think they have a shot at upper level free agents like Durant and Kyrie. Unless Rich Paul is secretly running the kicks I don't see how that's his fault. Then things picked up even more when Kyrie made the comments he did about "ask me on July 1." Again, don't see how that is Rich Paul's doing. So maybe Rich Paul has been planting the seeds, but the story is what it is because of circumstances largely outside Rich Pauls control including Kyries own comments and the Celtics not being as good as many thought. And yes, I have no doubt Paul is fueling these stories behind the scenes to leverage AD t the Lakers, but  honestly have no problem with that. His job is to get his client where that client wants to go.

I’m still confused about “the Celtics aren’t as good as everyone thought narrative. “ they’ve been the best team in basketball for two full months now.

Also, Kyries comment was directly connected to Rich Paul leaking info about him.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I 100% agree with the C's line of thinking in this. I hope Rich Paul and the Lakers get nabbed for this.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol once AD makes an INFORMED decision - for HIMSELF - free from Rich and even his Dad - he will make the RIGHT CHOICES for his future.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Remember last year, when we were all so concerned that Kyrie was going to team up with his best buddy Jimmy Butler to go form a super team somewhere?

There always needs to be a story to keep us clicking on links.

Mike

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Major TP for the Yeats reference.

Mike

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP, clay......thought it was hilarious but good thing I had the qualifier in there "I doubt its veracity"....or I would have looked like a big dope parrot.

That being said, if I had noticed it was you, despite the fact that you have your tongue in your cheek sometime, I view you as a credible poster and may have been sucked in....haha....the cynic/ lawyer in me saved me this time.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Rich Paul is a crook

Its CaMP Lebron .....LeTurd is in on it too.   The whole mess of shady morally corrupt characters ....and the stupid lakers organization,   then , .   Invited the foxes into the hen house.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I’m still confused about “the Celtics aren’t as good as everyone thought narrative. “ they’ve been the best team in basketball for two full months now.

Also, Kyries comment was directly connected to Rich Paul leaking info about him.

I think the Bucks and Warrors would both have something to say about who the best team in basketball has been the last two months. But your point is soemwhat valid, they have been much better the last two months. Even then tho they haven't been as good as most people thought they would be, and the first twenty games do still count.

As for the Kyrie comments he made those because of the rumors, but my point is they only added fuel to those rumors.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:49:27 PM by keevsnick »