Poll

Does Taco make the team

Yes. Taco time is here to stay.
92 (61.7%)
No. No room for Tacos
57 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year  (Read 61832 times)

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year
« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I think, eventually, it will be best to dump Strus and give Tacko his two way player slot. It keeps him in Maine but doesn't take up an important roster slot in case the team really clicks, plays great and needs to add someone to help for the playoffs.

I don't think that's going to happen. And frankly I don't think it should because it simply is not necessary at this point.  And it would look bad.

Unless Danny has a compelling need for a different player to put in the 15th roster spot, there is literally no reason to do anything than simply not cut Tacko.   Leave him on his current contract for the year, which would be on the 15-man roster.   He'd probably spend the year on the inactive list and at Maine regardless.

I don't think Danny is going to suddenly yank a 2-way contract out from under a player like that unless he has a compelling need to.   That's just not good for his relations with agents and players.   They made the offer of the 2-Way to Strus for a reason and I expect they still are committed to it for those reasons.

I personally see no one else currently on the 20 man camp roster who looks compelling for that 15th spot over Tacko.   Obviously that could change once camp is underway.   If Danny needs the roster spot for trade purposes, keeping Tacko on his current deal doesn't impact that because it is a non-guaranteed contract.   He could still be cut at any point.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.