Author Topic: Wendell Carter Jr  (Read 2448 times)

Wendell Carter Jr
« on: January 14, 2024, 07:35:01 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Apparently the Magic have made WCJ available in trade talks. I think Brad should jump all over this. Bolstering the front court should be the teams biggest priority at the deadline

Carter Jr. Is on a pretty reasonable contract; he's only making $13 mill this season and is under contract until 2026. He's a guy I've been a fan of since he came into the league - I've always thought he would thrive on this team as he seems like the kind of big man Steven's covets. He has had his concerns on the injury front but I think the dice should be rolled on this one.

What would you give up for WCJ?

Re: Wendell Carter Jr
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 07:44:49 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It would probably have to start with Horford for salary matching, but I'm not sure I'd do that right now (I'd rather have him mentor Carter).

This is a prime example of why we should have used the Grant TPE before the season started, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 07:48:46 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
It would probably have to start with Horford for salary matching, but I'm not sure I'd do that right now (I'd rather have him mentor Carter).

This is a prime example of why we should have used the Grant TPE before the season started, though

I'm far from a salary/trade expert but WCJ for Pritchard + Kornet works in the trade machine. Would likely need to throw in a pick or two.

I'd hate to give up Pritchard, though. I feel like he's capable of getting hot and winning us a playoff game or two.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 08:53:50 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He would make a nice eventual Horford replacement but would be really hard to get him without hurting the roster. Would require Pritchard to start and multiple picks.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 10:02:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Don't think it would be wise to pair a guy that can't stay healthy with Porzingas.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 09:26:43 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'm a big fan of Carter as well but he's not needed on this team and the C's will not trade Horford. 

The C's just need an upgrade over Brissett that can play the 3/4.  Someone who can score more the Brissett but make the same sort of hustle plays as well.  If they want to sit one of the J's then need someone who can soak up minutes on those days and not be an afterthought on D.  Someone like Jeff Green would be great.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2024, 10:19:09 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'm a big fan of Carter as well but he's not needed on this team and the C's will not trade Horford. 

The C's just need an upgrade over Brissett that can play the 3/4.  Someone who can score more the Brissett but make the same sort of hustle plays as well.  If they want to sit one of the J's then need someone who can soak up minutes on those days and not be an afterthought on D.  Someone like Jeff Green would be great.
Brissett is better, younger and cheaper than Uncle Jeffy

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 10:44:56 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Don't think it would be wise to pair a guy that can't stay healthy with Porzingas.
Sorry for being pedantic, but why do you insist on calling him PorzingAs?

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 03:10:48 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It looks better than Porzingus, which another poster calls him.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2024, 03:17:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436

I like to call him Porzangus.  :D
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Wendell Carter Jr and using the TPE Trade
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 03:08:18 AM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
We kept players like Stevens, Kornet and the other bench guys to use in a trade and this is the one we should jump on.  Horford isn't getting any younger and Carter Jr. would be the perfect replacement.  Carter Jr. has this year and two more years of control, for less then 12 million a year.  His injury history isn't really as bad as it seems plus here, he'd be playing backup minutes so less wear and tear.  With Pritchard not showing much this year he becomes the most value here for the trade and a 1st with fillers. 

Celtics Trade - Pritchard, Stevens, Kornet, Mykhailiuk, Banton and this years 1st. 
Magic Trade - Carter Jr.

With sending five players out and getting only one back, you need to bring in somebodies.  Lucky for us with the TPE we can bring in multiple players in on the trade.  Memphis we're making the call to and using our TPE, giving them 2 2nds and getting back players.  They're a lost cause for the season, so give them some assets. 

Celtics Trade - 2 2nd in 2024 (we have 3 of them)
Grizzlies Trade - Konchar and Rose

Konchar gives us shooting guard to put next to Brissett in the second unit.  Rose right now has a Hamstring but a week or two should be fine.  He gives us a veteran point guard that can run a second unit and takes Pritchard's spot.  I know he's not the same type of player but I think Rose being in our second unit would shine here.  These two trades strengthen our bench this year and for the next year and forward.  Plus gives us an insurance policy for Horford if he wants to retire if we win the title and he wants to go out on top.  This only gives us an 12 player on contracts and 2 on two ways.  Walsh is staying in the G-league for the year so this leaves us with 3 rosters spots to fill.  Could sign Davison and Queta to two full contracts or leave them on two ways.  Pick veteran minimal guys of your choosing for the last 3 spots.

My choice of 3 veteran min to fill the bench
1. Bismack Biyombo
2. Justise Winslow
3. Isaiah Thomas (Just for a good feel good story and get him a ring in Boston, hahaha)

Celtics Roster now looks like.

Starting Five
Center - Porzingis
Power Forward - Tatum
Small Forward - Brown
Shooting Guard - White
Point Guard - Holiday     

Second Unit
Center - Horford
Power Forward - Carter Jr.
Small Forward - Hauser
Shooting Guard - Konchar
Point Guard - Rose

Depth
Small Forward - Brissett

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 08:32:27 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I like to call him Porzangus.  :D

you all talking about porzongo? i love that guy!