Author Topic: How to spot fake Champion NBA jerseys?  (Read 21923 times)

How to spot fake Champion NBA jerseys?
« on: August 14, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So I've got a collection of Jerseys over the years and I've noticed that on some of my Champion replica jerseys (the ones that have the NBA logo and the champion 'C' underneath the NBA logo, that the NBA logo is a stitched on patch, while others are an iron on patch.
Did they come in both styles?
does anyone know where to get more info on this? I've scoured google but can't find anything regarding the Champion replica jerseys, only the adidas and nike or 'swingman' jerseys.
Thanks
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: How to spot fake Champion NBA jerseys?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:36:48 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
I have a couple of Champion jerseys, and all mine have the NBA logo stitched on.

I'm unsure whether or not they ever had ironed on logos sorry.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
I have a couple of Champion jerseys, and all mine have the NBA logo stitched on.

I'm unsure whether or not they ever had ironed on logos sorry.

Hey, Yeah I've got 12 jerseys and two of them have the NBA logo ironed on- a Kevin Johnson one and a Michael Jordan one. Others are all a similar sized logo but stitched on.
Just seems weird because a Rasheed Wallace Portland jersey has it stitched on, yet a Kevin Johnson Phoenix jeresey has an iron on patch...
Dunno if I've been had.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »

Offline LiamB

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I think Champion used to be the official maker of jerseys in the 90's/ early 00's
I'm not sure that it would be possible for them to make fake jerseys and have the official NBA logo on them due to copyright

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
I guess it's just the time they were made? The earlier ones must have been stitching, and the iron on patches came on later reproductions.
ie : Phoenix Suns jersey comparison....

Jason Kidd, stitched on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Jason-Kidd-Phoenix-Suns-Rare-Black-Jersey-Champion-Sz-44-Vintage-32-/200807005056?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec107bb80#ht_614wt_1265

CHarles Barkley, Ironed on...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Charles-Barkley-34-Phoenix-Suns-NBA-Champion-Jersey-Basketball-Size-44-/130747860114?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&hash=item1e712e0492#ht_500wt_1282

Very confusing.