Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238764 times)

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #975 on: September 06, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
https://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/1037443388101079047

Robert Williams on the love he feels in Massachusetts: “They’re not out here screaming ‘Where’s your wallet?’”

We are asking a 20 year old to act mature and isn't it time for fans and press to mature with respect to wallet and sleeping jokes "time to put that to bed".
Humor can be so vindictive and a form of bullying.
That Robert is a good kid shows through in all his interviews  and Brad taking the time to be hands on with the young guy builds team loyalty.
Taking the time on the bike is a story  "not to be forgotten"
It was William's himself that made the "Where's his wallet" comment, not the fans or press.

He was making a point that people in Boston have shown him nothing but love, only the idiotic media clowns have asked him about his wallet.

« Reply #976 on: September 06, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
https://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/1037443388101079047

Robert Williams on the love he feels in Massachusetts: “They’re not out here screaming ‘Where’s your wallet?’”

We are asking a 20 year old to act mature and isn't it time for fans and press to mature with respect to wallet and sleeping jokes "time to put that to bed".
Humor can be so vindictive and a form of bullying.
That Robert is a good kid shows through in all his interviews  and Brad taking the time to be hands on with the young guy builds team loyalty.
Taking the time on the bike is a story  "not to be forgotten"
It was William's himself that made the "Where's his wallet" comment, not the fans or press.

He was making a point that people in Boston have shown him nothing but love, only the idiotic media clowns have asked him about his wallet.
Yes, I know that but apparently, Rollie didn't as he thought fans were saying it.  Also, the press hasn't asked him about his wallet since the incident.

« Reply #977 on: September 06, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Hop on over to REDDIT and see what their saying just from a few days ago-or aren't they considered fans.
Or Google Robert Williams  and read some of the back press.Their were insinuations and chuckles yesterday about early days but Robert diffused that situation.
If you noticed i even wrote "time to put this to bed"-as he gets called sleepy over at Reddit

« Reply #978 on: September 06, 2018, 02:47:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Hop on over to REDDIT and see what their saying just from a few days ago-or aren't they considered fans.
Or Google Robert Williams  and read some of the back press.Their were insinuations and chuckles yesterday about early days but Robert diffused that situation.
If you noticed i even wrote "time to put this to bed"-as he gets called sleepy over at Reddit
I don't go on Reddit anymore. Way too many trolls just looking to cause problems. And as I said, the comments from real press have stopped a while back.

« Reply #980 on: September 16, 2018, 11:52:23 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/15/aron-baynes-says-rookie-robert-williams-iii-has-a-great-work-ethic/

Nice quote from Baynes.  It's interesting that he values Williams' getting in shape and working out more than spending a ton of time on the court.

That said, is this quote from the Celtics Wire link accurate?

A knee-to-knee collision took Williams out of his Summer League debut during the first quarter and he hasn’t been fully healthy yet, dealing with a case of knee tendinitis.

However, by training camp, Williams could be healthy and ready to participate in all team activities.

Two months later, and he's still being slowed by his tendinitis?  That's not a great sign (again, if it's accurate).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #981 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/15/aron-baynes-says-rookie-robert-williams-iii-has-a-great-work-ethic/

Nice quote from Baynes.  It's interesting that he values Williams' getting in shape and working out more than spending a ton of time on the court.

A knee-to-knee collision took Williams out of his Summer League debut during the first quarter and he hasn’t been fully healthy yet, dealing with a case of knee tendinitis.

However, by training camp, Williams could be healthy and ready to participate in all team activities.

Two months later, and he's still being slowed by his tendinitis?  That's not a great sign (again, if it's accurate).

For the most part, I don't believe anything I read on the internet about a player's health.

« Reply #982 on: September 16, 2018, 12:12:09 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

For the most part, I don't believe anything I read on the internet about a player's health.
Didn't  he said himself that he isn't ready yet, only hope to be healthy at camp

« Reply #983 on: September 16, 2018, 12:22:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Brad recently said everyone was ready for camp health wise, so I would hope that includes RW.

« Reply #984 on: September 16, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Health is always the No.1 priority, then he needs to learn a lot knowledge, fundamentals, team plays ect, since we likely won't need him to produce soon he can take his time to go step by step, no need to rush on the court

« Reply #985 on: September 16, 2018, 04:39:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Bob Williams is the defensive 🐐. We all should be pumped beyond words we have potentially the missing piece to this team. He's got a 20% bust chance no doubt.

If we focus on what he can do it's incredible. The Celtics haven't had a guy with this body, size, and athleticism combination since Bill Russell.

Seriously. You just don't see these guys 6'10" range that are world class run and jump athlete's. Russell was listed at 220 pounds. Williams listed at 238 pounds. Russell was more ripped and in better shape. Williams 7'6" wingspan I'm sure Russell was very similar to that. Just checked it says Russell was 7'4" that sounds right to me.

You true old time Celtic fans can enlighten me if there has been any other Celtic that fits this physical profile but here are some big men that do not remind me of either Bob or Bill.

Tony battie, Marc Blount, Oervis Ellison, Marc Blount, Robert Parish, great but not an athlete, Potopenko

And I just remembered Garrett who although fits the bill we got him at the end. Shame we got KG so late because that's the type of athlete we need at almost 7 feet.

« Reply #986 on: September 16, 2018, 05:09:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Bob Williams is the defensive 🐐. We all should be pumped beyond words we have potentially the missing piece to this team. He's got a 20% bust chance no doubt.

If we focus on what he can do it's incredible. The Celtics haven't had a guy with this body, size, and athleticism combination since Bill Russell.

Seriously. You just don't see these guys 6'10" range that are world class run and jump athlete's. Russell was listed at 220 pounds. Williams listed at 238 pounds. Russell was more ripped and in better shape. Williams 7'6" wingspan I'm sure Russell was very similar to that. Just checked it says Russell was 7'4" that sounds right to me.

You true old time Celtic fans can enlighten me if there has been any other Celtic that fits this physical profile but here are some big men that do not remind me of either Bob or Bill.

Tony battie, Marc Blount, Oervis Ellison, Marc Blount, Robert Parish, great but not an athlete, Potopenko

And I just remembered Garrett who although fits the bill we got him at the end. Shame we got KG so late because that's the type of athlete we need at almost 7 feet.
2 things.

1. If a #27 pick doesn't work out, that isn't being a bust. That's pretty normal for picks that late in the first round

2. Robert Parish was an incredible athlete.

« Reply #987 on: September 16, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

2 things.

1. If a #27 pick doesn't work out, that isn't being a bust. That's pretty normal for picks that late in the first round

Guess what parishes Vertical jump was

« Reply #988 on: September 16, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

https://youtu.be/JN1F8zNvu8o

He was quick off his feet, but he was no where near the athlete Bill or Bob Williams.

« Reply #989 on: September 16, 2018, 06:18:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

2 things.

Guess what parishes Vertical jump was
Don't care. Vertical leap isn't the only measure of athleticism. Parish was one of the best running centers in the league for a long time. He was lean because he practiced martial arts but was really strong. Just a great athlete
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:57:25 PM by nickagneta »