Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25639 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2019, 12:44:44 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Pretty sure the team that gives him a big contract is going to regret it. Hunch it will be the Suns of course or maybe Knicks if they miss out on Kyrie.

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2019, 12:44:52 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
???

Is my only response to him right now. Its understandable as he hasn't gotten his first big contract yet, but man what a negative force that's now selling hard how negative it was to try and explain away his crappy year.

(FWIW his crappy year was pretty close to his career averages)

I've noticed, ever since the playoffs ended, Rozier is like the only one who is openly calling out everyone and bad-mouthing the organization. Wouldn't even surprise me if the "anonymous quoter" to a lot of the Kyrie-hate is coming from Rozier himself  ::)

I think Rozier is also the source of the "annoyed by Hayward starting" rumors. It's like he knew he couldn't outright blame Irving so he whispered or passively insinuated Hayward was a problem for the whole team early on, when it was really everyone, including Rozier, just playing terribly. He makes a lot of excuses, doesn't seem to take responsibility.

I wonder what his relationship is like with Danny. They were pretty chummy in the past.

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Pretty sure the team that gives him a big contract is going to regret it. Hunch it will be the Suns of course or maybe Knicks if they miss out on Kyrie.
I don't think he's getting a big contract at this point.

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rozier has to be one of my all time least favorite Celtics.

Kyrie's not far behind.

That could be a list. Antoine Walker is definitely in the TR3 category for me.

Kyrie isn't doing well either, but for now his grade is incomplete.

Probably because yall can't identify players with heart and prefer to watch a bunch of softies get humiliated.

Antoine was fully capable of being a HOFer if he had lived up to his potential.  He had all gifts but didn't live up to them.  Plenty of reasons why but he has himself to blame to an extent.

He might've been embraced by many and certainly showed heart a times but he's also one of the biggest "what ifs" to ever wear a Celtics uniform.

That sounds reasonable, but the best team they ever fielded with him here was Kenny anderson, Paul,  Battie, Eric williams...who tore up his knee in his second season I believe, and Walter Mcarty off the bench.

I don't know what hall of fame anyone is expecting him to get in with that lineup, which was the  best they had since Antoine was drafted.

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2019, 12:52:03 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Cant believe we wasted a season on this guy. should have played Wanamaker.

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2019, 12:53:19 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I don't think he's getting a big contract at this point.

Any contract he gets might be considered big at this point.

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2019, 12:53:59 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Some quotes for ya:

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128318761612849152?s=21

On @FirstTake, Terry Rozier expressed little interest in returning to the Celtics if they bring back the same team next year: “I might have to go. I put up with a lot this year, so I said what I said after the season. I think we all know I’m not trying to step into that again.”

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128309422269374464?s=21

Terry Rozier on his free agency, on @GetUpESPN: "I'm looking forward to just playing ball. I don't care where I go. Obviously, the Celtics are the only organization I've known for four years, and I love it there."

More Rozier: "I expect for me to get my chance, whether it's with the Celtics or anywhere else. I feel like I can be myself and play my game wherever I go." (Apparently except for this past year in Boston, that is 🙄)

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128306624324624384?s=21

Terry Rozier on Kyrie Irving, via ESPN's "Get Up!": "He's a great guy. Great leader. You just have to adjust to his style."

Terry Rozier on ESPN's "Get Up!": "What we'd be talking about in practice is not what we went through in the game. It was like, all right, we're going to keep Kyrie out there and put the other guys out there with him, and we're going to figure it out."

The  part about the game plan in practice vs the game is very telling on Brad and the coaching staff.. not consistent... Interesting

Yeah, I agree.  That's the part of this that is most disturbing and unfortunately very believable.  Whatever fans want to think about Terry's personality here, that part rings true based on what we saw.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2019, 12:56:50 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
It's just too easy to scapegoat Terry.  If Kyrie is gone (hopefully he's gone...via sign and trade to get something) just match any reasonable offers and his value will go right back up where it was at the end of last year. 

That doesn't mean I'm saying he's the longterm answer at PG...

End the massive scapegoat session...

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Some quotes for ya:

On @FirstTake, Terry Rozier expressed little interest in returning to the Celtics if they bring back the same team next year: “I might have to go. I put up with a lot this year, so I said what I said after the season. I think we all know I’m not trying to step into that again.”

Terry Rozier on his free agency, on @GetUpESPN: "I'm looking forward to just playing ball. I don't care where I go. Obviously, the Celtics are the only organization I've known for four years, and I love it there."

More Rozier: "I expect for me to get my chance, whether it's with the Celtics or anywhere else. I feel like I can be myself and play my game wherever I go." (Apparently except for this past year in Boston, that is 🙄)

Terry Rozier on Kyrie Irving, via ESPN's "Get Up!": "He's a great guy. Great leader. You just have to adjust to his style."

Terry Rozier on ESPN's "Get Up!": "What we'd be talking about in practice is not what we went through in the game. It was like, all right, we're going to keep Kyrie out there and put the other guys out there with him, and we're going to figure it out."

The  part about the game plan in practice vs the game is very telling on Brad and the coaching staff.. not consistent... Interesting

Yeah, I agree.  That's the part of this that is most disturbing and unfortunately very believable.  Whatever fans want to think about Terry's personality here, that part rings true based on what we saw.

So basically, Kyrie did his own thing... not what they practiced and talked about. Then instead of benching Kyrie, Brad tried to adjust on the fly to whatever Kyrie was doing? And that's why everything was so disjointed? I'm trying to figure out what he's really talking about here.

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Sorry I'm currently out so can't post links via phone right now, but you could just look up the segments/videos on Youtube or Reddit.

I think he's on First Take right now actually.

He talks about the frustrating season, his limited role and not caring about where he goes next in FA. But he seemed to also indicate he wasn't planning on being here long term, which to me is alright. Dude is coming across like he's a superstar PG when he clearly isn't. Even off the bench he was awful against most other teams' benches. Thanks for last year's playoffs, and adios!

I saw that and he didn't come across like that at all, and the fact you guys keep throwing nonsense his way after Kyrie alone killed this team says alot about yall.

And notice how many interviews he's getting, and notice how many people take to the guy and like him.

You guys are blind, man.  Completely ...from all the Kyrie-jockin

I think we got a Rozier burner account here guys lol

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2019, 01:01:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Terry Rozier just now on @FirstTake about the sacrifices he made this season:

"The ball in was either Kyrie or Gordon Hayward's hands most of the time. So, I feel like Terry Rozier is just in the corner or on the bench."

https://twitter.com/darren_hartwell/status/1128315689679429632

He's talking about himself in the third person. This is absurd. He is absurd.

Lol I didn’t see that one. Good Lord the unjustified ego on this guy.

He certainly wasn’t the only problem in the locker room, but he does certainly seem to be the primary problem in that locker room.

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2019, 01:03:45 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Sorry I'm currently out so can't post links via phone right now, but you could just look up the segments/videos on Youtube or Reddit.

I think he's on First Take right now actually.

He talks about the frustrating season, his limited role and not caring about where he goes next in FA. But he seemed to also indicate he wasn't planning on being here long term, which to me is alright. Dude is coming across like he's a superstar PG when he clearly isn't. Even off the bench he was awful against most other teams' benches. Thanks for last year's playoffs, and adios!

I saw that and he didn't come across like that at all, and the fact you guys keep throwing nonsense his way after Kyrie alone killed this team says alot about yall.

And notice how many interviews he's getting, and notice how many people take to the guy and like him.

You guys are blind, man.  Completely ...from all the Kyrie-jockin

I think we got a Rozier burner account here guys lol

But if I was Terry, I wouldn't give the Celts a second look though, with this coach, their defense, how they use bigs, and the ballhog running the show who got humiliated by the guy I beat  :)

I'm not as big as Terry that way  :)  especially if I was 25

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Some quotes for ya:

This is where I question the dynamic between Kyrie, Ainge, and Stevens.  We know that Stevens wouldn't practice a game-plan without 100% commitment towards executing it in the game.  I really believe that Stevens was told to tread lightly with Kyrie.  Maybe he would have pushed harder behind closed doors if the organization wasn't afraid of losing Kyrie.

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2019, 01:05:26 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i like rozier.  i like his competitiveness.     i'll be happy to see him get the opportunity when the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. boy kyrie leaves.    i expect him to flourish just like all of brads point guards do when they play team basketball.   

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2019, 01:08:49 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Very bad interview. Rozier did not come prepared and fell into their trap questions.
He blames KI and GH and than he is not... just all over the place.

There is zero chance he is coming back here.