Poll

What Eastern Conference team are you the most worried about?

Indiana
0 (0%)
Milwaukee
3 (6.4%)
Philadelphia
8 (17%)
Toronto
24 (51.1%)
Washington (comedy option)
0 (0%)
Other (please explain)
9 (19.1%)
(For Kyrie only) Competition is an illusion, all ballers exist as subliminally intertwined shard manifestations of the unified basketball consciousness
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Who worries you the most in the East?  (Read 5957 times)

Re: Who worries you the most in the East?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I really worry about how directionless and pathetic the Orlando Magic are at the moment. When will they get their act together and start making the NBA fun again for their fans?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2018, 09:09:50 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I really worry about how directionless and pathetic the Orlando Magic are at the moment. When will they get their act together and start making the NBA fun again for their fans?

They really do not make the most of their assets, do they? LOL

Pathetic is the right word. How can you do worse than New York, Brooklyn, Chicago and win only one game more than Atlanta without a clear tanking operation?

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
i'm worried about everybody. i'm thinking this team won't be as good as the experts and us fans think and hope. but certainly not as bad as we were a few yrs. ago. I do think we will be a top team I just think some other teams might surprise.

I also think the reason we won't be as good as advertised is the chemistry seems broken and tatum doesn't look right out there... wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have that leap that brown had from yr. 1 to yr. 2.

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »

Online timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I only worry about US so I pocked "other".

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2018, 10:34:59 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
No one!  With the Cs skill set and coach, unless injuries decimate them, the East will not have an equal to Boston.  Also, I think Houston will be playing Boston in the finals.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2018, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
i'm worried about everybody. i'm thinking this team won't be as good as the experts and us fans think and hope. but certainly not as bad as we were a few yrs. ago. I do think we will be a top team I just think some other teams might surprise.

I also think the reason we won't be as good as advertised is the chemistry seems broken and tatum doesn't look right out there... wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have that leap that brown had from yr. 1 to yr. 2.
Tatum's 1st year was much better than Brown's. No reason to expect him to make a big leap in year 2.  Chemistry might be an issue at the beginning of the season but it should be resolved by mid-season. 

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2018, 11:31:49 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Tatum's 1st year was much better than Brown's. No reason to expect him to make a big leap in year 2.  Chemistry might be an issue at the beginning of the season but it should be resolved by mid-season.

It isn't surprising that Tatum was more ready than Brown his rookie year. Tatum has always taken the most elite possible route the the NBA. Serious professional trainers since 13. The whole Duke experience. Brown seemed to also want the full experience of a year of college. Brown has clearly made the commitment since he became a pro, but they didn't start from the same place.

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Conventional wisdom says Philly and Toronto are the biggest challenges for the Celtics this year and both seasons will likely hinge on the outcome of a similar question: Is Kawhi ok physically and mentally? It Fultz ok physically and mentally?

If Fultz is a star, Philly is a team to worry about but if he's less than that, I don't think Philly is any better than the team the C's beat in 5 last year.

Toronto's season will depend on how much better Kawhi is than Derozan and whether or not he can bring some winning leadership over from the Spurs. I think Toronto's season working out if more likely than Philly's so I'm more afraid of them.

Milwaukee is a darkhorse if Coach Bud gets everyone playing up a level.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2018, 02:04:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Conventional wisdom says Philly and Toronto are the biggest challenges for the Celtics this year and both seasons will likely hinge on the outcome of a similar question: Is Kawhi ok physically and mentally? It Fultz ok physically and mentally?

If Fultz is a star, Philly is a team to worry about but if he's less than that, I don't think Philly is any better than the team the C's beat in 5 last year.

Toronto's season will depend on how much better Kawhi is than Derozan and whether or not he can bring some winning leadership over from the Spurs. I think Toronto's season working out if more likely than Philly's so I'm more afraid of them.

Milwaukee is a darkhorse if Coach Bud gets everyone playing up a level.

Don't forget the Washington Wizards got themselves a "LeBron James" in Jeff Green  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2018, 02:11:24 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Giannis. He's Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing terrifying.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier