Author Topic: Look at Demarcus Cousin's numbers since returning, exactly why he's staying put  (Read 11136 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Can we please put these crazy rumors to rest? Sacremento would be insane to trade him. I know they're distinctional but c'mon

24.5 points per game
15.3 rebounds per game
3.8 assists per game
1.75 blocks per game
52.7 shooting percentage
76.9 free throw percentage
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
We can dream, can't we?
I like Marcus Smart

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think he'll still be moved. There are 3 years of bad blood there, and the Kings aren't (I believe) going to want to pay him the money he'll command with the risk that he'll buck again. I think all he's doing is driving up his price tag.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
Looks like great numbers for a soon to be celtic in my opinion!

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
head case or not he can out play DH12 when he is on and hungry .

I want him on the Celtics. 

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'd absolutely love for him to be a Celtic but I just don't see it happening. If Danny can land him with our pieces then he wins Exec of the year
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'd absolutely love for him to be a Celtic but I just don't see it happening. If Danny can land him with our pieces then he wins Exec of the year
I would love him but wouldnt it be a move for the future and not win now? I dont think Cousins would put us over the top if we had to give up Lee, Bradley, Sully and our entire bench. You probably would have to do it though.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Only player I wouldn't trade for him is Rondo.

Maybe if he has another issue with Sac his value drops enough for us to pounce.  As of now we don't have the assets, sans Rondo.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
It doesn't matter how well he plays.  Trading him is more related to how likely he is to have another incident, not how he does on the court.

Still, I think Sacramento should be looking for a replacement big who can start right away, a good young player, a high draft pick, and someone to take Salmons' contract off their hands in any trade of Cousins.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think he'll still be moved. There are 3 years of bad blood there, and the Kings aren't (I believe) going to want to pay him the money he'll command with the risk that he'll buck again. I think all he's doing is driving up his price tag.

The Kings are a franchise in turmoil.  They are most likely going to move to some other location in Cali.  If you are the owners of that squad and are either (a) trying to build a new fan base, or (b) trying to sell the team...why would you trade the best player on your team?

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not only are those numbers absurd but the Kings are 4 and 2 in the last 6 games with him in the line up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:19:26 AM by pearljammer10 »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I think his new agent might have something to do. He is know for facilitating trades for his players. I would bet anything that he sat Cousins down and explained that his stock is at an all time low and he needs to pick it up. At the same time he prob told the kings "my guy wants out but he is going to play his ass of to get you a good return you just have to move him"

This would make for a very quick "indefinite suspension" and a suddenly super focused Cousins.

All this being said he is now out of reach for the Celts. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
these numbers mean nothing in terms of being moved or not sorry

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
these numbers mean nothing in terms of being moved or not sorry
Why not?

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

The Kings are a franchise in turmoil.  They are most likely going to move to some other location in Cali.  If you are the owners of that squad and are either (a) trying to build a new fan base, or (b) trying to sell the team...why would you trade the best player on your team?

I think there's an argument to be made that this is probably the best time to trade him. The Kings rebuilding project is going to take years, what makes you think he'll stay past his rookie contract based on his experience with the team and where they'll be at?