Author Topic: Making some trade moves (in need of assistance)  (Read 1435 times)

Making some trade moves (in need of assistance)
« on: January 28, 2021, 11:46:45 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Apparently there are reports that Toronto are interested in trading for Drummond, I wondered if we can get involved in a more complex trade (help needed haha) that would use our trade exception to help Raptors absorb Drummond's contract and could bring back Baynes (bare with me) and also can send one of Theis or Rob Williams back out for shooting/scoring help. My interest in Baynes is (yes he is injury prone) for the role to use him against only large centres which we struggle against such as Embiid, Lopez, Sabonis, Bam ect. for 15-25 minutes on selective nights and rest him up for the playoffs. For me, one of Theis or Timelord are redundant as we have Thompson for two seasons and that are in the same type of mould and Theis' contract will be up soon and Timelord will want a decent extension that he might not be worth during 2022 restricted free agency. Baynes offers variety and a more versatile depth chart.

The trades would be very complicated thus me asking for your imput as I wouldn't know where to start.

Re: Making some trade moves (in need of assistance)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 12:21:08 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
This is the best idea I could come up with so far

Celtics get: Baynes, PJ Tucker (cut Green or move for future pick)

Raptors get: Drummond, McLemore,

Cavs get: Powell, McCaw, Dinwiddie (salary dump)

Nets get: McGee

Rockets get: Stanley Johnson, Rob Williams

Picks will obviously be involved too

Thompson/Baynes/Fall
Tucker/Theis/G.Williams
Tatum/Ojeleye/Nesmith
Brown/Smart/Prichard/Langford
Walker/Teague/Edwards/Waters

What do you guys think?

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 12:32:36 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
Hypothetically you could even use a Baynes, Thompson, Tucker front court up against the Lakers, Gasol, Davis, James combo.

I love the versatility this squad would bring and the fact we wouldn't be so reliant on Tatum defensively.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:45:14 AM by shut_the_gate »

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 07:38:40 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This is the best idea I could come up with so far

Celtics get: Baynes, PJ Tucker (cut Green or move for future pick)

Raptors get: Drummond, McLemore,

Cavs get: Powell, McCaw, Dinwiddie (salary dump)

Nets get: McGee

Rockets get: Stanley Johnson, Rob Williams

Picks will obviously be involved too

Thompson/Baynes/Fall
Tucker/Theis/G.Williams
Tatum/Ojeleye/Nesmith
Brown/Smart/Prichard/Langford
Walker/Teague/Edwards/Waters

What do you guys think?

Baynes has been so bad this year. I’d take Tucker and leave Baynes out of it unless we were getting something from Toronto to take him.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 08:22:16 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Question, as I haven't really watched him play, but what is the fascination with Tucker around here?

I'm only looking at his stats, but he's averaging like 5.5 points and 4.5 rebounds while playing 32 minutes per game. Not eye popping numbers by any means. I mean the Celtics need some scoring and I'm not seeing he has ever scored in double digits.   

Thanks

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Baynes has been so bad this year. I’d take Tucker and leave Baynes out of it unless we were getting something from Toronto to take him.

Agreed but he was not all that good with Boston either.  About 6 pts and 5 rebs in 16-18 minutes while in Boston.  Sure, he had some moments, but somehow his legend seems to get inflated.  I think he would be our 3rd center behind Thompson and RWilliams.

That is not to say that Thompson is way better than Baynes, none of the 3 are all that great, but Baynes does not improve things.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:40:07 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 09:13:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Question, as I haven't really watched him play, but what is the fascination with Tucker around here?

I'm only looking at his stats, but he's averaging like 5.5 points and 4.5 rebounds while playing 32 minutes per game. Not eye popping numbers by any means. I mean the Celtics need some scoring and I'm not seeing he has ever scored in double digits.   

Thanks

I think it's his grit, his switchability, and his ability to knock down the open 3. I agree with you, though - I am not overly impressed with him at this stage of his career. We already have a guy like that on the roster in Theis, and he is taller and younger. I certainly would not want to trade out Theis' minutes for Tucker. Maybe people just want to see him take Grant's minutes(?)