Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 58920 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2024, 01:37:40 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I’m hoping “ Into The Night” has a third season on Netflix . It’s an apocalyptic thriller where passengers on a plane are trying to outrun the sun that is wiping out everything in its path. It sounds ridiculous but the performances are great . I believe it’s Belgium’s first Netflix show ( it’s dubbed in English) . The music really gives it an adrenaline shot.

« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2024, 01:42:41 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
Another Life on Netflix.

A bit cheesy and had a Scifi channel vibe, but it was a fun 2 seasons.

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #407 on: February 29, 2024, 06:13:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
My young kids binged the entire 1st season of Avatar on Netflix.  It is quite good and well worth the watch.  As a caveat, I never watched the cartoon so I do not have that as a reference.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #408 on: February 29, 2024, 06:51:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Leave it to Beaver

« Reply #409 on: February 29, 2024, 07:59:31 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 686
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Watching the new Curb. Great as always.

« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2024, 10:37:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
So I'm watching 2 series right now: Shogun on Hulu and Halo on Amazon Prime/Paramount. Everyone who played Halo hated the first season but since I didn't play it and had nothing to compare it to I thought it was great, and the 2nd season (about the Fall of Reach, for those who played the games) is even better. 2 more episodes to go.

But the one I'm really impressed with is Shogun - it's a 10-episode miniseries based on James Clavell's book. Some among us might remember the miniseries in the 80s with Richard Chamberlain as the Englishman who went to Japan in the 1600s and allied with the Japanese daimyo Toranaga (based on the real daimyo named Tokugawa who ushered in the Edo period in Japan) but this series blows it out of the water. My parents lived in Japan for a few years when my dad was working for a multinational that sent him there and I've had the good fortune to visit the country a number of times and I've always loved the country and this show really does it justice. Well worth watching if you have Hulu or Disney+. 4th episode just dropped last night and it was awesome  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #411 on: March 12, 2024, 03:29:18 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 231

Never fell off at any point during the duration of the series; easily one of the most consistent comedy shows of all time.

« Reply #412 on: March 12, 2024, 05:53:05 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2544

Never fell off at any point during the duration of the series; easily one of the most consistent comedy shows of all time.

What an amazing run over a span of, what, 20 years.  I just saw episode with Richard Lewis discussing his will with Larry, ominous and sad.  Lewis was great.

As an aside, not positive but I might place Arrested Development and Curb as my top 2 comedies all time.

« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2024, 06:13:46 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1827

What an amazing run over a span of, what, 20 years.  I just saw episode with Richard Lewis discussing his will with Larry, ominous and sad.  Lewis was great.

As an aside, not positive but I might place Arrested Development and Curb as my top 2 comedies all time.

Curb and Seinfeld.  Larry David is a comedic genius.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #414 on: March 12, 2024, 07:24:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
Halo is good.  The main critique I have is they don't appear to have the budget to have great episodes every time and have some more boring less costly episodes.  Good show overall though

My family and I really enjoyed the live action Avatar and Percy Jackson.  Thought they were both well done.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #415 on: March 12, 2024, 09:19:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3021
  • On To Banner 18!
The last two I've watched are the Avatar Netflix series. Really good! And From. That's the actual name, "From". It's a science fiction horror and really, really good. Two seasons so far on Epix, and a 3rd hopefully soon but it's been delayed a bit due to recent events such as the Writers' Strike, etc. But hopefully season 3 is coming summer or fall 2024.

I would definitely recommend "From". The opening minutes are already suspenseful and it just hooks you in overall. The storyline is pretty cool too, and scary!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #416 on: March 12, 2024, 10:27:16 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738
True Detective, Season 4

First episode started off too weird until they found the murder victims at the end.
Then I wanted to know what happened, so the rest of the episodes became more interesting, which is the point of any murder mystery.

For me, this particular season started off interesting, but became too scattered and had too many bizarre incidents that went unexplained.
The final episode was a wild ride where they explained several mysteries, but not all.
It's worth a watch if you are a TD fan, but it ain't Marty & Rust.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 01:18:34 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #417 on: March 13, 2024, 01:32:24 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2497
- The Wire (Max). Gritty and believable, it's the best cop show I've seen by a good margin. Glad i finally watched it, just terrific, though a little dry at first. It cuts deep to the core of the challenges facing urban communities.

- Halo (Paramount+). It's hard to believe they made such a good show from a FPS video game. There is some annoying expository dialogue here and there, but strong acting and a kinetic plot make it must-see.

- Interview with the Vampire (AMC+). Surprisingly excellent. Very violent, creepy, and disturbing. The gay/racial elements are mostly well-handled, though a few moments are eye-rollingly on-the-nose.

- Dark Winds (AMC+) - good mystery cop show set on an Indian reservation in the 70's. A little inconsistent in directorial quality in the first season, but gets smoother in season 2.

- the Bear (Hulu) - just top-notch TV. Funny and dramatic, it does capture the frenzied pace of a restaurant kitchen. Maybe the best show on TV.

- the Walking Dead: Dead City, Daryl Dixon, and The Ones Who Lived (AMC+). Walking Dead is interesting again. The three new shows have jettisoned repetitive dramatic filler of seasons past in favor of white-knuckle adventure.

- Ms Marvel (Disney+) - amusing characters but a less-than-satisfying plot. Feels very cliched in parts. And Ms Marvel is basically a homeless man's Green Lantern here. Her powers kinda suck, which makes it all feel pointless. Too many Marvel characters suffer from this imo.

Twisted Metal (Peacock) - a corny, schlocky post-apocalyptic vehicular romp that has as much in common with National Lampoon's vacation as it does Mad Max. Pretty entertaining.

- Gen V (Prime). This teenie-bopper offshoot of "the Boys" is just as funny and deranged as its parent show. Some heavy-handed virtue signaling drags things down a bit, but more often than not the angst and violence blend together well.

« Reply #418 on: March 13, 2024, 01:47:03 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
The Netflix Formula One series - Drive to Survive is really good. I’m hooked. I’ve never been an auto racing fan, and I’m really enjoying it.

« Reply #419 on: March 23, 2024, 03:01:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
3 Body Problem is pretty unique.  I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes