Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Have we officially turned the corner and back in business ? We are killing teams

(1/19) > >>

CelticsElite:
We are dismantling teams left and right. I remember the 08 championship team would regularly do this to other teams like the nets... beat them by like 40 pts

Yes I know we only beat the bulls and etc but those bad teams were beating us earlier in the season

Phantom255x:
Yes. I see it as the "circle of life". Get blown out at home to the Knicks (our "rock bottom" moment), then win 4 of our next 5, and then come back to return the favor against the Knicks about 2 weeks later. Then we follow it up with the huge win last night. Obviously there's still work to do and things to fix, but we've turned the corner IMO.

The 12/21 game against MIL and Christmas Day game against PHI will be big tests and probably a good measuring stick overall, but we did beat them each earlier in the season.

ozgod:
Just as we said let's give it some time when we were losing those games and thought the world was ending, so should we give this nascent revival some time to see if it has legs. I think it does, but consistency is earned over a period of time.

PhoSita:
They definitely look like they've figured out some things with the rotation and they're hitting a groove.

Let's wait and see though.

They have 7 games before Christmas, only one of which is against a top team (MIL).

If they're sitting at 19-20 wins on Christmas day, I'll feel OK about where they're at.

GreenWarrior:
this could still go south on us, injuries could change everything.

personally, this season is all about brad stevens. I think if he didn't insist on including hayward in the starting line up we wouldn't quite be in the hole we are. anything less than a finals appearance imo is a failure and that'll be on stevens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version