Author Topic: Kanter: "I want to wear #11 and be the reason no one else will"  (Read 6733 times)

Re: Kanter: "I want to wear #11 and be the reason no one else will"
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 04:22:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am glad everyone loves Kanter. I hope it stays that way. Remember, Kanter took a pot shot at the Jazz calling the franchise unprofessional after they traded him and he was very critical publicly of Vogel's coaching decision to bench him in New York.

For me, he gets a clean slate. But I wonder what happens with him if by say, the trade deadline, Robert Williams or Vincent Poirier have claimed the starting center position. Will he go public with his concerns and cause problems rather than addressing them internally and being a team guy?

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I am glad everyone loves Kanter. I hope it stays that way. Remember, Kanter took a pot shot at the Jazz calling the franchise unprofessional after they traded him and he was very critical publicly of Vogel's coaching decision to bench him in New York.

For me, he gets a clean slate. But I wonder what happens with him if by say, the trade deadline, Robert Williams or Vincent Poirier have claimed the starting center position. Will he go public with his concerns and cause problems rather than addressing them internally and being a team guy?

fair point.  to be honest, if that situation were to occur where Williams or Poirier have been moved to the starting line-up, it's hopefully because they've surpassed all expectations and not because Kanter has been a resounding disappointment requiring his benching

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 05:17:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
it's all fun and games until we face PHI (Embiid) and - especially - Kyrie Irving and Durant in BKN...

I "LOVE" Enes but he (and his teammates) WILL have to cash the checks that Enes is writing with his mouth...

Once the sweat starts pouring and he's facing Kyrie Irving on the perimeter because he got switched onto him I pray that Easy Enes got his skates on....a GOOD pair

OR - he'd better invest in a good pair of ankle bracers.

Additionally - once he faces Embiid (and Big Al) I hope he's ready for them, too.

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
it's all fun and games until we face PHI (Embiid) and - especially - Kyrie Irving and Durant in BKN...

I "LOVE" Enes but he (and his teammates) WILL have to cash the checks that Enes is writing with his mouth...

Once the sweat starts pouring and he's facing Kyrie Irving on the perimeter because he got switched onto him I pray that Easy Enes got his skates on....a GOOD pair

Additionally - once he faces Embiid (and Big Al) I hope he's ready for them, too.

Is that you Kyrie?
ok fine

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Is that you Kyrie?

Sure - I have been lurking in the shadows on Celticsblog since 2006 and I joined in Oct 2009, just waiting for the ultimate Troll Job that is occuring now.

I am a determined twit.

I also have some swampland on the moon to sell you if you believe this. ;) :)

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I assume you mean Fizdale benched him in NY, and not Vogel.  I don’t really care if a guy in a walk year complains about getting benched on an obviously tanking team.  NY wasn’t trying to win and potentially cost Kanter money in his next contract.  I get that it’s their right as the team that pays him to do what they please as long as they honor his contract, but I’d be more concerned if Kanter said “They’re paying me, I don’t care” than if he complained about not getting on the court.

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I assume you mean Fizdale benched him in NY, and not Vogel.  I don’t really care if a guy in a walk year complains about getting benched on an obviously tanking team.  NY wasn’t trying to win and potentially cost Kanter money in his next contract.  I get that it’s their right as the team that pays him to do what they please as long as they honor his contract, but I’d be more concerned if Kanter said “They’re paying me, I don’t care” than if he complained about not getting on the court.
My bad, yeah, Fizdale. Had a senior moment there.

I guess his comments could be looked at it that way. But it's his second time complaining about a team publicly and he is a guy that likes complaining publicly so much, he is on an international hit list. He might not know when it's best to just keep quiet and handle things quietly.

As I said, I give him a clean slate and like that he trolled on Kyrie. Kyrie deserves to be trolled on. But, if things don't go the way Enes wants it too, I am not going to be surprised by yet another Celtic coming out during another season and complaining about things.

I hope everything goes great. I hope Kanter is a happy camper in his days in Boston.

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 07:34:13 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

My bad, yeah, Fizdale. Had a senior moment there.

I guess his comments could be looked at it that way. But it's his second time complaining about a team publicly and he is a guy that likes complaining publicly so much, he is on an international hit list. He might not know when it's best to just keep quiet and handle things quietly.

As I said, I give him a clean slate and like that he trolled on Kyrie. Kyrie deserves to be trolled on. But, if things don't go the way Enes wants it too, I am not going to be surprised by yet another Celtic coming out during another season and complaining about things.

I hope everything goes great. I hope Kanter is a happy camper in his days in Boston.

Hi welcome to how this generation conducts their lives!

Who isn't outspoken these days?
ok fine

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I was just checking out Kanter’s game logs in the playoffs.  In the western conference finals he only had 1 really good game with 10 points and 16 boards in game 1.

However in 12 games during the first 2 rounds he had these games that really stood out.

Game 1 20 points 18 boards!
Game 3 19 points 5 boards.
Game 5 13 points 13 boards.
Game 6 26 points 7 boards!
Game 7 15 points 9 boards.
Game 8 18 points 15 boards!
Game 11 6 points 14 boards.
Game 12 12 points 12 boards.

Really looking forward to having someone that is capable of huge rebounding games (when was the last time we could say that), and big scoring nights in the post. 27 just entering his prime.  Just get him to play passable D.

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 02:48:35 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I was just checking out Kanter’s game logs in the playoffs.  In the western conference finals he only had 1 really good game with 10 points and 16 boards in game 1.

However in 12 games during the first 2 rounds he had these games that really stood out.

Game 1 20 points 18 boards!
Game 3 19 points 5 boards.
Game 5 13 points 13 boards.
Game 6 26 points 7 boards!
Game 7 15 points 9 boards.
Game 8 18 points 15 boards!
Game 11 6 points 14 boards.
Game 12 12 points 12 boards.

Really looking forward to having someone that is capable of huge rebounding games (when was the last time we could say that), and big scoring nights in the post. 27 just entering his prime.  Just get him to play passable D.

Looks like a good teammate  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-celtics-center-enes-kanter-203508638.html