Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 108681 times)

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #345 on: April 04, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Big games tonight for Memphis (31-46) and Sacramento (38-40) picks:

Knicks (15-62) @ Magic (38-40)
Bulls (21-57) @ Wizards (32-46)
Hornets (35-42) @ Pelicans (32-46)
Timberwolves (34-43) @ Mavericks (31-46)
Grizzlies (31-46) @ Trail Blazers (49-28)

I'm not saying he's a awesome prospect, but he didn't get a chance to shine this year. I'd say the jury is still out on how good he could be in college.

I agree. Tatum and Wendell Carter Jr. didn't get a chance to show all they were capable of on their stacked teams either.

All of the bolded teams lost except Orlando... not good

On the bright side, Grizzlies G League squad (that’s what the available roster looked like with 8 rotation players including Conley hurt or sitting out) got blown out too

All those other teams are too far behind now anyway. You kinda want the Pels to lose so the Memphis pick conveys, if you are in to that kind of thing.

The pick is 13, 14 (or 2,3,4)

6-9 lottery slots are a toss up still

6-7 are 31-47, 8-9 are 32-47

Orlando, Miami, Brooklyn hopefully keep winning for the SAC pick to get to #13

I want more pick watching next year so I’m hoping it doesn’t convey

« Reply #346 on: April 04, 2019, 05:19:55 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
NBADraft net has us taking KZ Okpala, Tyler Herro, & Daniel Gafford..i love this

Not a huge fan of Draftnet.

There are better mocks out there.

Tankathon has us taking Bol Bol, Williams and Alexander-Walker
NBC Sports has us with Bol Bol, Alexander Walker and Bitadze

Sporting News has Doumboya (Little at 9th come on Memphis pick) Johntay Porter and Tre Jones (I like this mock alot, all makes sense too.

SB Nation (little at 9th) Washington, Doumbouya, Tre Jones

ESPN has Porter, Hunter-Tucker, Alexander-Walker (although they have Little ranked below Porter, and that is crazy)

have to admit none of these guys excite me.  would have absolutely no qualms about all of them going out in a trade for Davis.  If for whatever reason that trade doesn't occur, the thought of picking Bol doesn't sit well with me.  too  many negative factors with his health and motor on the court.

after a few weeks on the PJ Washington and Grant Williams bandwagon, I recently found myself excited by a Doumbouya, Horton Tucker, Windler draft.  Tucker is a 6'4' big and long and mobile dude.  And young. 

If we land Davis I'd like to keep one late pick and take Tucker. 

« Reply #347 on: April 04, 2019, 06:24:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
NBADraft net has us taking KZ Okpala, Tyler Herro, & Daniel Gafford..i love this

Not a huge fan of Draftnet.

There are better mocks out there.

Tankathon has us taking Bol Bol, Williams and Alexander-Walker
NBC Sports has us with Bol Bol, Alexander Walker and Bitadze

Sporting News has Doumboya (Little at 9th come on Memphis pick) Johntay Porter and Tre Jones (I like this mock alot, all makes sense too.

SB Nation (little at 9th) Washington, Doumbouya, Tre Jones

ESPN has Porter, Hunter-Tucker, Alexander-Walker (although they have Little ranked below Porter, and that is crazy)
I said the exact same thing about Draftnet last year, and then their mock was one of it not the single most accurate. They get a pass from me now
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #348 on: April 08, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just a touch base with 2 days left in the season:

Memphis pick is the prize of our bunch this year.  right now tied for 7th with Dallas and half game behind NO for 9th.  Mem and Dal each have 2 games left and are both one win behind NO which has 1 game left.
- Mem: has a game at Detroit tonight and a game at home against GSW.  I'm pretty confident they'll both be Mem losses so I don't see them getting the 9th pick to automatically convey that pick.
- Dallas: has a game at home against Phx and a game at SAS.  I figure Phx will be a win and SAS a loss.  That'll put them one game ahead of Mem.
- NO: has a game against GSW at home.  Pretty confident in a NO loss.

So, looking at the games that are left, I'm pretty sure Mem will be alone in 7th place with Dal and NO tied for 8th.  This would require 2 teams higher than 7th to jump up in the draft for this pick to convey. 

Kings are still in 14th place with a half game lead on Cha and Miami who are still fighting for a playoff spot (1 game behind Detroit in the 8th slot -- everyone of them with 2 games to play). 
- Sac: one game on the road against Portland so likely a loss.  Need Char and Miami to win out and Det to take at least one so that Sac finishes at 12.
- Char: game at Cle and Orlando at home.  Cle should be a win to tie with Sac but Orl is still fighting for a spot.  They could win but I think it's a toss up.
- Miami: Philly at home and at Brooklyn.  Likely 2 losses unless Philly decides to rest its starters for the last couple of games.  Brooklyn's playing well and would be tough for them to win.
Det: Mem at home and at NY.  I would expect 2 wins but Det has been struggling lately.

I think we'd be fortunate if Sac ends up at 13th.  It's possible they could drop to 12 but that would seem to be a bit overly optimistic.

Celtics/Clips:  They were both in a clump the past couple of weeks and last week looked like they were both going to be between 20-22.  Right now, C's are alone at #22 and Clips are in a 3-way tie for #18.    Based on records, C's could still drop to 18 and Clips could climb to 22.  All depends on how OKC, Indy  and SAS finish out the season.  Only OKC has 2 games left.
-Bos:  at Wash.  Should be a C's win but how many games this year have we looked at a games as a win.  they'll also be resting players so who knows what they'll do.
-Clips: at home against Utah.  Utah is hot, Clips are not.  figuring a Clips loss which is good for the pick.
-OKC: at Mil.  Figuring a Mil win here unless they rest Giannis and Middleton. 
-SAS: Dallas at home.  Should be a SAS win unless Pop rests all his starters
-Indy: C's own the tiebreaker for playoffs but they have a game against Atl that should be a win. 
so, C's 1-0, Indy 1-0, OKC 0-1, SAS 1-0, Clips 0-1.  C's stay at #22.  Clips stay at #18.

« Reply #349 on: April 08, 2019, 03:30:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
With the 4th seed clinched, isn't it best for Steven's to roll out a Wanamaker/Hunter/Dozier/Yabusele/Williams starting five, playing them like 36-40 minutes per game each and sprinkling in some time for Rozier, Semi and Theis.

If the team wins, great. If they lose and end up in a big tie for 18th, nothing wrong with trying to get that pick to be as valuable as possible at this point.

« Reply #350 on: April 08, 2019, 05:14:00 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
At least point, with teams resting starters for the playoffs and others trying to improve draft odds, you really can't predict the outcome of any given game.  We'll just have to see where it plays out in a few days.

« Reply #351 on: April 08, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
With the 4th seed clinched, isn't it best for Steven's to roll out a Wanamaker/Hunter/Dozier/Yabusele/Williams starting five, playing them like 36-40 minutes per game each and sprinkling in some time for Rozier, Semi and Theis.

If the team wins, great. If they lose and end up in a big tie for 18th, nothing wrong with trying to get that pick to be as valuable as possible at this point.

I'd sprinkle in some Jaylen minutes as well. Don't want him to start the playoffs having played 1 game in two weeks.

« Reply #352 on: April 08, 2019, 08:07:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This is where I’m at. Brad surely can’t do anything else, right?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #353 on: April 08, 2019, 08:30:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

nothing wrong with that at all.  I just don't think he'll sit all the starters in the last game.  limited minutes for the top 5-6 in the rotation but I doubt he'll be that drastic in sitting the core players.

« Reply #354 on: April 08, 2019, 08:46:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

« Reply #355 on: April 08, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/1115360722693906438?s=21

Timelord will have to jump back and forth in time, creating paradoxical replicas of himself, so he can start at pg, sf, pf, and c!

« Reply #356 on: April 08, 2019, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

They should have just listed who is actually going to play. The list would be much shorter.

« Reply #357 on: April 08, 2019, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Timelord will have to jump back and forth in time, creating paradoxical replicas of himself, so he can start at pg, sf, pf, and c!

This is great !  TP

« Reply #358 on: April 08, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

so the only rotation player not on that list is Rozier?   sounds a tad fishy.  even the end of the bench needs an occasional rest

« Reply #359 on: April 10, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
quick update before the last day of the season is played with final postings tomorrow:

Starting with the C's as the worst pick we have.  C's will either have the #22 or #21 pick depending on what OKC does tonight.  Currently they're #22 and OKC would have to win to tie them. 

Clips -- currently in a 3-way tie with SAS and Indy for spots 18-20 and each are playing tonight.  if all 3 win and OKC loses, it's a 4-way tie for spots 18-21.  a lot of possible outcomes based on tonight's games but the optimal scenario is that Clips lose while SAS and Indy win. 

Sac -- in a 3-way tie for spots 12-14 with Miami and Charlotte.  If all 3 win and Detroit loses, there's a 4-way tie for 12-14 still because Charlotte would take Detroit's spot as the 8 seed in the East.  a lot of possible outcomes based on tonight's games but the optimal scenario is that Sac loses while Char, Miami and Det win. 

Mem -- alone in 7th slot.  A loss ties them with Wash (who's done for the season) for #6-7.  A win ties them with NO for #7-8 (NO is also done for the year).  Extra twist, if Mem wins and Dallas loses, There's a 3-way tie for spots 7-9.  I believe the lottery offers each of them the combined total of balls for those three slots going into the lottery but if none jump up, tiebreakers get real interesting real quick for this pick.

remaining games for tonight that matter to the picks:
Indy at Atl --> figuring an Indy win. 
Miami at Brooklyn --> figuring a Brooklyn win although Miami may make a real effort to send Wade out a winner.
Orl at Char --> Orl is hot and likely looking to go into the playoffs with a win to build confidence.  Char is also hot and needs the win to get into the playoffs.  should be the best game of the night - thinking a Char win here.
Det at NY --> Det is struggling but they get the Knicks so figuring a Det win
GSW at Mem --> would think GSW would rest their stars here but even then, they should be good enough to beat Mem
OKC at Mil --> Mil likely to rest their stars and OKC would likely want to hang on to the #6 seed and need a win to clinch that.  OKC could pull out a win here if Mil does indeed rest Giannis and Middleton
Dal at SAS --> SAS playing for seeding so looking at a SAS win
Utah at Clips --> Utah's hot so even though Clips need a win for seeding (try to get 7th alone to avoid GSW in round 1), I think Utah beats out the Clips barring a resting of their top players
Sac at Port --> Port can tie Houston for 3rd with a win.  not sure about tiebreakers but if Port owns it, they'll want the win to avoid GSW in round 2. 

outlook:
Indy 1-0, Miami 0-1, Char 1-0, Det 1-0, Mem 0-1, OKC 1-0, Dal 0-1, SAS 1-0, Clips 0-1, Sac 0-1.

end result:
C's tied with OKC for 21-22
Clips alone in #18
Sac tied with Miami for #12-13
Mem tied with Wash for #6-7