Author Topic: Grayson Allen with our 2018 late 1st round pick? Edit: Ainge likes him  (Read 18206 times)

Re: Grayson Allen with our 2018 late 1st round pick?
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Draft Donte

This guy doesnt stand a chance on the defensive end at the nba level
Based on what?

;D

LOL ....thats old school right there,    guys did that stuff in the 70's all the time.   it was part of the game .   I like Draymond Green too ...he and Smart add action and emotion to game.   

Jeff Green......boring ...uncle ...snooze

lol

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 04:38:07 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
His defense is horrible even in college, there is no way he can stay on NBA court
should be a hard NO

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I guess they brought Allen in for a reason.  I just don't know what that reason could be.
He isn't a good defender, he isn't a smart player, loses his cool a lot.  As others have said, I would struggle to root for him unless he has matured a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcEq7xhxD4g

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Grayson reminds me of danny ainge in his playing days
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2018, 04:52:34 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Draft Donte

This guy doesnt stand a chance on the defensive end at the nba level
Based on what?

;D

LOL ....thats old school right there,    guys did that stuff in the 70's all the time.   it was part of the game .   I like Draymond Green too ...he and Smart add action and emotion to game.   

Jeff Green......boring ...uncle ...snooze

lol

Nice glimpse of Tatum in that photo...

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I dont remember Danny ever doing this before

Grayson Allen tomahawk dunk
https://youtu.be/lWU5or05_zw

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

One has to question whether you seen DA play?

Nope that pick is way to high for Allen who is a second rounder.   Didn't any one see him choke in the NCAA's this year?  You would have to trade or buy a second rounder to get value for him as most mocks have him in the second round.

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
https://instagram.com/p/Bjx4RdXH0Tw/

Video from his workout with the celtics
Deng Adel!

Lol at this comment ;D -

futurepresident_03 Deng adell is thon maker with a wig on

The comp I use for Allen is Belinelli. He is a useful player, but not one you want on the floor at the end of games because of his defense. The Duke player I prefer is Duval. He has everything except a shot. Kind of like Rondo 2.0. Stevens probably won’t want Duval because of his shot, but I bet he stays in the league for 10 years.

Actually, Belinelli has long been an excellent defender, not to mention the fact that he's a much better passer than Grayson.

I guess they brought Allen in for a reason.  I just don't know what that reason could be.
He isn't a good defender, he isn't a smart player, loses his cool a lot.  As others have said, I would struggle to root for him unless he has matured a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcEq7xhxD4g

TP, as I couldn't agree more on all accounts and could never root for him in any capacity. I'd rather have one of the dudes who was tripped by Allen, anyway, lol ;D.

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2018, 07:23:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Why do people like this dirty player, who couldn't defend anyone, can't even shoot 3's that well, and is just overall the type of person who has a punchable face? I don't get it?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2018, 07:46:51 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Why do people like this dirty player, who couldn't defend anyone, can't even shoot 3's that well, and is just overall the type of person who has a punchable face? I don't get it?
well, i am not a fan of ainge picking allen unless its the mid second round. but let's also look at his stats for a bit. no need to demonize a player simply because we would prefer someone else.

in his career in college, he shot 38%. not super, but certainly not bad.

in his last year in college he averaged 1.7 steals a game and 15.5 points. and his determination seems to be marcus smart-esque.

i can see worse players in the middle of the second round. but i think better ones are out there.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2018, 07:50:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I love this completely unfounded narrative of him being a bad defender, lol.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2018, 07:55:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
well, i am not a fan of ainge picking allen unless its the mid second round. but let's also look at his stats for a bit. no need to demonize a player simply because we would prefer someone else.

in his career in college, he shot 38%. not super, but certainly not bad.

in his last year in college he averaged 1.7 steals a game and 15.5 points. and his determination seems to be marcus smart-esque.

i can see worse players in the middle of the second round. but i think better ones are out there.

He benefited from beginning surrounded by so many great players that allowed him to take great catch and shoot 3's. Although, I do agree he is a better shooter than advertised and originally thought, but at this point he is what he is... A glue guy that can occasionally fight though screens, put his heart out on the floor, and try to make something out of nothing on hustle plays. But guess what? We already have that in Marcus Smart. I'm also more than 99.99% certain we will re-sign Smart.

Allen is not worth any first round pick. I would rather draft Gary Trent Jr., or Khyri Thomas/Mitchell Robinson over him any day.

I also cannot get over his dirty play, and cheating ways... I mean I honestly don't mind it, but people associate his dirty playing with his will to be tenacious on the floor. No. Those are both completely separate and entirely different.

While he has great court awareness and good team defense, his 6'6 wingspan and his 6'4 height will certainly limit him. Also he has definitely shown a great deal of leadership, but he will not get that many solid minutes here. I think he is best suited elsewhere.

Maybe I'm too hard on him, but Tatum has always spoke glowingly of him. If he gets drafted, then fine I trust Ainge/Zarren. But I'm not okay with going after him specifically.

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2018, 07:58:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Why because he averages 1.7 SPG?

It's not that he's a bad defender; he certainly tries. But he is not going to do that well in the NBA. He fights through screens and picks, but at the end of the day, who is he really going to get minutes over on our roster?

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2018, 08:15:57 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Why because he averages 1.7 SPG?

It's not that he's a bad defender; he certainly tries. But he is not going to do that well in the NBA. He fights through screens and picks, but at the end of the day, who is he really going to get minutes over on our roster?

Nader. Please ANYBODY but turnover Nader.

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I don't get it, either. If the guy hadn't gone to Duke, the reality is that he'd have a really tough time in even being drafted, imo.