Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 275773 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2565 on: May 25, 2018, 12:53:20 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
WC finals were decided when CP3 came up lame

Series over .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:14:14 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #2566 on: May 25, 2018, 12:58:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
WC finals were decided when CO3 came up lane . 

Series over .

Yep. they only play 7 with Paul...now they have to play 6

« Reply #2567 on: May 25, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
CP3's injury likely means the WCF is going 7 games.

Paul is a big reason they've won the last two games, so his loss is a really big one.

Unless Harden steps up big time on Saturday night, then it's going to a 7th game, and if CP3 is out that game too, then HOU will have to play the game of their lives to win the series (role players and Harden both).

Unfortunately, I do think CP3 is out for the rest of the series. Or even if he can play Game 7, he will certainly be less than 70-80% I imagine. Hamstring injuries at age 33 is a lot different than getting one at age 21 (like Jaylen who only missed 1 game). Man, Golden State catching all the breaks lately. Last year Kawhi got injured, now CP3 as Golden State falls behind 3-2 (what timing...)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2568 on: May 25, 2018, 02:03:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Paul is a big reason they've won the last two games, so his loss is a really big one.

Unless Harden steps up big time on Saturday night, then it's going to a 7th game, and if CP3 is out that game too, then HOU will have to play the game of their lives to win the series (role players and Harden both).

Unfortunately, I do think CP3 is out for the rest of the series. Man, Golden State catching all the breaks lately. Last year Kawhi got injured, now CP3 as Golden State falls behind 3-2 (what timing...)

Won their first title when Kyrie got hurt...they always play injured teams

« Reply #2569 on: May 25, 2018, 02:10:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Won their first title when Kyrie got hurt...they always play injured teams
I mean there are always injured teams in the playoffs, so that's inevitable.

They also lost in 2016 with a clearly limited Curry, just how it goes.

« Reply #2570 on: May 25, 2018, 02:18:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Unfortunately, I do think CP3 is out for the rest of the series. Or even if he can play Game 7, he will certainly be less than 70-80% I imagine. Hamstring injuries at age 33 is a lot different than getting one at age 21 (like Jaylen who only missed 1 game). Man, Golden State catching all the breaks lately. Last year Kawhi got injured, now CP3 as Golden State falls behind 3-2 (what timing...)
It really depends on the severity of the strain. Jaylen had as little of a strain as there is. Someone called it a one half strain as opposed to 1, 2, or 3 degree strain. I remember the news saying if it was a first degree strain he could be out 2 weeks.

« Reply #2571 on: May 25, 2018, 02:20:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

It really depends on the severity of the strain. Jaylen had as little of a strain as there is. Someone called it a one half strain as opposed to 1, 2, or 3 degree strain. I remember the news saying if it was a first degree strain he could be out 2 weeks.

Oh yeah that makes sense too. Idk how severe Paul's is. But remember, even Jaylen looked limited out there in Games 2 and 3 of the Sixers series and at times hobbled in the court, so it takes time. We'll see.

« Reply #2572 on: May 25, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
So ESPN thinks the championship window is "open" for Cleveland if Houston wins their series.

Umm, I still think Houston beats them in 5 games, even if CP3 has to miss like the first two games of that series. Houston's role players are also REALLY good. And I mean, if HOU gets one win against Golden State without CP3 in the coming few days, that would be real impressive, and a sign that they are no pushovers/chokers. 

« Reply #2573 on: May 25, 2018, 08:35:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
So ESPN thinks the championship window is "open" for Cleveland if Houston wins their series.

Umm, I still think Houston beats them in 5 games, even if CP3 has to miss like the first two games of that series. Houston's role players are also REALLY good. And I mean, if HOU gets one win against Golden State without CP3 in the coming few days, that would be real impressive, and a sign that they are no pushovers/chokers.

espn is such a joke...watching the games in the ECF has been painful, bad announcers, bad pre-game, seemingly like one long ad for Lebron.  I think TNT is better.  Too bad they didn't get the ECF.

« Reply #2574 on: May 25, 2018, 08:43:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
They don’t look tight at al

I like it
Yup

« Reply #2575 on: May 25, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I think I'll reoccupy my little safe haven here.  See if it brings us better luck.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2576 on: May 26, 2018, 11:28:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

espn is such a joke...watching the games in the ECF has been painful, bad announcers, bad pre-game, seemingly like one long ad for Lebron.  I think TNT is better.  Too bad they didn't get the ECF.
Sad to say but the ESPN crew will be doing all the games for the Finals.

« Reply #2577 on: May 26, 2018, 11:37:50 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Go rockets!

« Reply #2578 on: May 26, 2018, 08:24:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Officials tonight for HOU @ GSW Game 6

1) Ken Mauer
2) David Guthrie
3) Ed Malloy
ALT) Bill Kennedy

Welp, looks like we'll be stuck with Tony Brothers and Scott Foster tomorrow  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2579 on: May 26, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I don't understand what Shaq and Kenny don't get. Nobody is arguing that Lebron will have a bad game; he's obviously going to have a big game tomorrow night.

The issue has never been Lebron - it's his teammates. They simply haven't played well in Boston all series, so now without Love, how the hell are they going to pick one up in Boston now, regardless of how many points Lebron puts up?

So this argument that Lebron is so great that he won't lose a game seven simply doesn't make sense, because it's never been about him.