Author Topic: Help - PC Issues  (Read 9896 times)

Re: Help - PC Issues
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 05:43:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I actually don't get the Properties menu at all ... when I click on 'Properties' from the drop-down box, all that comes up is a white rectangular box (that is labeled 'Properties') with the URL in it, I can't highlight the URL and nothing happens when I click on it.
Right, but you do get the context menu, right? (context menu = list of options that appear when you right-click something, with "Properties" being one of the options).

The solution offered was for cases when the context menu doesn't appear at all, or is missing items, or appears blank.
Yes, I get the context menu, then select 'Properties', but the Display Properties Dialog Box does not show up, only a rectangle marked 'Properties' which can only be closed, nothing else.

Hi, didn't the last link I posted describe exactly what you just said? You can right click an icon or file on the desktop -> then click on "properties" --> The Properties box appears with out any dialogue in when you expect to see:

The above is BLANK in your situation
It wasn't immediately clear, but his issue manifests in IE when he's trying to save pictures, not when he's right-clicking on files in Windows Explorer.

On a related note... you have a folder named "World History" on your desktop? :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
OOOOOOH , this is a IE, issue. my bad. Sorry for confusing the issue. Did you try using a different browser to narrow it down from IE to the Operating system itself?
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So my guess is he's talking about this:

Except it only shows a blank box with the Address (URL) information that is not selectable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
I actually don't get the Properties menu at all ... when I click on 'Properties' from the drop-down box, all that comes up is a white rectangular box (that is labeled 'Properties') with the URL in it, I can't highlight the URL and nothing happens when I click on it.
Right, but you do get the context menu, right? (context menu = list of options that appear when you right-click something, with "Properties" being one of the options).

The solution offered was for cases when the context menu doesn't appear at all, or is missing items, or appears blank.
Yes, I get the context menu, then select 'Properties', but the Display Properties Dialog Box does not show up, only a rectangle marked 'Properties' which can only be closed, nothing else.

Hi, didn't the last link I posted describe exactly what you just said? You can right click an icon or file on the desktop -> then click on "properties" --> The Properties box appears with out any dialogue in when you expect to see:

The above is BLANK in your situation
It wasn't immediately clear, but his issue manifests in IE when he's trying to save pictures, not when he's right-clicking on files in Windows Explorer.

On a related note... you have a folder named "World History" on your desktop? :P

Yeah, my bad, I didn't catch the IE part in the OP.

Yes I have a world history folder!!  :-[ It's for one of the online classes I was taking through COURSERA
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »

Kiorrik

I'd recommend downloading Google Chrome or Firefox as a solution. But that's a personal thing.

As for the actual issue; could you upload a screenshot of the properties pane you get?