Yes
66 (58.4%)
I will make my final determination when the playoffs are over
44 (38.9%)
No
3 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: May 01, 2010, 08:46:05 AM

Author Topic: Rasheed Signing a Bust (Poll)?  (Read 12979 times)

Re: Rasheed Signing a Bust (Poll)?
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
No. I still love the Rasheed signing and like Rasheed as a player. Ball don't lie!!

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2010, 08:17:21 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Is that you Kobe?

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2010, 08:32:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
In hindsight, the Rasheed free agent deal was one of the very worst given last off-season.  The fact that you can't even point to examples of worse deals that were actually given, but instead point to hypothetical offers, shows that it really didn't work out very well at all.

It was a sign-and-trade, but it's very likely that Hedo Turkoglu's contract will harm the Raptors more than Wallace's will harm the Celtics.  The combination of Charlie Villenueva and Ben Gordon in Detroit is considered worse than Boston signing Sheed.  Of course, those players have more of a shot of bouncing back and doing something to earn their keep.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Rasheed has been awful for most part of the season. However, if he somehow plays a significant role in us beating the Cavs in the second round (and maybe going all the way to finals for that matter), then i could say that it was an ok signing. If he continues to be a non-factor in the coming games, regardless of whether we bow out of the 2nd round or we win the championship, than yes, the move to get him was a bust. If only he could reprise the role of PJ Brown in '08...