Yes
66 (58.4%)
I will make my final determination when the playoffs are over
44 (38.9%)
No
3 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: May 01, 2010, 08:46:05 AM

Author Topic: Rasheed Signing a Bust (Poll)?  (Read 12977 times)

Rasheed Signing a Bust (Poll)?
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:46:06 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
This is where I think we have a big divide on this board, and I'm curious to see the poll results.  I personally will not make a determination until the playoffs are over.  He was brought in for the playoffs and particular matchups against premium teams.  Maybe he'll keep playing bad, I don't know, but I know that I can't make my final determination until it's all said and done.

Therefore, I don't go posting "Get him off this team!" or "bust!".

Re: Rasheed Signing a Bust (Poll)?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:59:47 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think we should wait until the season is over.  Maybe Sheed is waiting for them to face Cleveland. :P
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:05:45 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The amazing thing is that after 86 games of waiting, we still need a poll.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:09:08 AM »

Offline justice

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
To me he has already proven to be a bust. Forget his poor shooting %'s, lack of defense, refusal to box out and see his lack of effort and attitude.

And even if he happens to hit a big shot or two in the rest of the playoffs, I'm sorry, that will not make him worthy of his $6 mil/year contract.

If Larry Brown still wants him on Charlotte so bad, we'd be silly not to jump at the chance to ship him out

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:35 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
A 3 year deal makes it an absolute bust.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I voted to wait and see until the playoffs are over.

But....

If Larry Brown still wants him on Charlotte so bad, we'd be silly not to jump at the chance to ship him out

... agreed.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Yes, a thousand times yes.

We'd have been better off with Drew Gooden, for cripes sake.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I voted to wait and see until the playoffs are over.

But....

... agreed.

I am in complete agreement with everything CMan said.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 09:56:40 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I still think Sheed could be useful against the Cavs, and if they get past them, the Magic...however, there is no doubt he is a bust for the amount they paid him.  He needed to be a difference maker, and now, he is (at best) a 6 foul guy.

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 09:58:54 AM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
To me he has already proven to be a bust. Forget his poor shooting %'s, lack of defense, refusal to box out and see his lack of effort and attitude.

And even if he happens to hit a big shot or two in the rest of the playoffs, I'm sorry, that will not make him worthy of his $6 mil/year contract.

Agree with above.  Rasheed makes nothing happen when he's on the court.  He's just out there.  If he gave the same effort as Tony and Big Baby he could be a big factor in most every game.  It seems the only thing that excites him is the chance to argue.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
This year, yes. And sadly, this may be the only year that matters.

I mean, next year, he may realize he needs to actually be in NBA shape to be effective, but even if he does (which I doubt, sadly enough), our window may or may not be closed after this year, anyways. Heck, he may just retire. Some people will say he's an ass for doing that, and some will be grateful regardless.

Honestly, I don't think we're going to be able to trade him. I mean, if Larry Brown truly wants him, then who knows, we might just get value. Maybe Larry Brown's thinking Sheed could be used against Howard in that series right now the way we thought he'd be effective for us. Still, I don't think it's likely...

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'll wait until the season is over but he's got to make some major contributions going forward just to get to the level of "major disappointment" as opposed to his current "bust" status.

In agreement with those calling for his departure this summer.  I'd be stunned if Danny can make it happen without packaging him with a something we'd rather keep (like Perk or the 1st round pick).  His play and contract stinks (for both $ and length) but not enough to give up something of value to move him.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I still think Sheed could be useful against the Cavs, and if they get past them, the Magic...however, there is no doubt he is a bust for the amount they paid him.  He needed to be a difference maker, and now, he is (at best) a 6 foul guy.
He's absolutely a bust, but hopefully he'll still have value.

He's providing the level of production you want out of a veteran's minimum guy, not a full MLE player.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
This is where I think we have a big divide on this board, and I'm curious to see the poll results.  I personally will not make a determination until the playoffs are over.  He was brought in for the playoffs and particular matchups against premium teams.  Maybe he'll keep playing bad, I don't know, but I know that I can't make my final determination until it's all said and done.

Therefore, I don't go posting "Get him off this team!" or "bust!".

Go back to the game logs over the season, and look at his numbers against the "premium teams."  They aren't good.  Going off memory here, but I'm pretty sure his two best games of the season were against Philly and Sacramento.  He talks about stepping up in big games, but against the elite teams he has completely disappeared.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 10:12:19 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
He's absolutely a bust, but hopefully he'll still have value.

He's providing the level of production you want out of a veteran's minimum guy, not a full MLE player.

Exactly.  If he were here on a 1 year, $2.5 million deal, I would have no problems with him (other than the standard frustration that I have with most bench players with holes in their games).  But as an MLE player, he just has a lot more to live up to.

I also do not feel like there is much of a chance of him getting better.  I know the whole perception of laziness, and I don't completely disagree, but to me, the issue is not that he is lazy, but that he looks absolutely cooked.  Unless he is playing exclusively in the post on defense, he just does not have the physical ability anymore.