Author Topic: What was Rivers thinking.  (Read 6655 times)

Re: What was Rivers thinking.
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
There are two schools of thought when playing vs. stars. One, is don't let him beat you. The other, is don't let anyone else beat you. Doc chose the latter in terms of defensive strategy and it backfired. It happens. Regardless, we're up 3-1 and will in all likelihood close it out in 48 hrs. Can't help, but feel good about that.
Hard to argue with a strategy that works 75% of the time, but it hard not to feel disappointed about not missing out on our first sweep in over 2 decades.

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 09:50:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Funny part is, if you had to pick your poison with Wade, you'd probably be happy with fade-away three pointers. Not today though, I guess.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
sorry guys and gals, but i do not have the energy to read all of the first 4 pages of this thread. forgive if this has been said already.

i dont blame doc for the loss. i dont blame the celtics team really. (though i am irked they came out lazy early on.)

even with the lazy effort early on, for miami to win this game....

it took a super human performance by Wade, something he is very unlikely to repeat.
it took other miami players hitting some amazing shots often, which is unlikely to repeat.
it took ray allen missing 3 three throws, which will require a rather frosty hell to repeat.
it took garnet missing free throws and open shots, which is unlikely to repeat.

all of those had to occur in miami for the heat to pull the game out in the fourth quarter.

no one to blame. miami played the fourth quarter at an incredible level. they will not not repeat that effort in game 5. the celtics are clearly the better team when they work hard.

celtics win in five, no shame, no disgrace. but i do hope the celtics learn that only a 100% effort on their part will win games. no coasting.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Seriously? A sweep would have been nice, but c'mon. Playing in Miami against one of the top 3 best players in the league...The reason teams don't come back from 3 down is that it is really hard to beat a team 4 games in a row. It really goes both ways. Give the C's credit for not throwing the game after being down 18--that's what Phil Jackson and the Lakers did...everyone relax....

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 11:22:55 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
More like what where the refs thinking? Does the NBA tell these guys to drag out a series with lopsided calls so the series goes at least one game longer and everone involved makes millions more, owners tv etc......??????
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Rebounding, Defense and second unit were all MIA

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2010, 11:46:00 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
This series was "supposed" to go 6 or 7 games.

The Celtics turned it up once the postseason started, but we shouldn't settle for this early success.

We should be happy we're up 3-1, but let's not settle with it.

We have to win Game 5 in our building. (Gonna be tough with our home record this year.)

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 01:27:13 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wasnt Docs fault today. Dwayne Wade is incredible. If Doc should take fault for anything it should be how weak our offense is. You watch a good squad like Utah execute fundemental basketball and then you watch us try to get 2 points and its sad really. We work way to hard to score.

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 02:34:16 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
More like what where the refs thinking? Does the NBA tell these guys to drag out a series with lopsided calls so the series goes at least one game longer and everone involved makes millions more, owners tv etc......??????
Yay! Conspiracy theorist man!

Or is this Tommy Heinson?

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 03:49:08 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Seriously? A sweep would have been nice, but c'mon. Playing in Miami against one of the top 3 best players in the league...The reason teams don't come back from 3 down is that it is really hard to beat a team 4 games in a row. It really goes both ways. Give the C's credit for not throwing the game after being down 18--that's what Phil Jackson and the Lakers did...everyone relax....

TP, well said.

It took an amazing performance by Wade.
Lack of defense on Q Richardson in the first period.
Rondo missing a wide open layup at the end.
Ray and KG missing four straight free throws.

But at least the C's didn't lay down(except of course for you-know-who). The effort was there.

I can't see where Doc should get any blame for this one.