Author Topic: Why does no one give the C's a chance vs. Cle?  (Read 12285 times)

Re: Why does no one give the C's a chance vs. Cle?
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2010, 11:19:59 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
I can see us winning only if We sweep the Heat, and Chicago takes Cleveland to at least 6. They would be a little tired, and we could definitely take advantage of it.

Lebron doesn't get tired.  And it doesn't matter if Shaq is tired or not because they are deep enough to get by with only 10-20 minutes per game from him.

I see us winning if we can just play to the best of our ability.  If we can, I think we are simply the better team.

We just have to plat the D that we are known for and we will win the series. But the question is will we keep the intensity?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
CLE-BOS has a chance to be an epic one, I truly believe that. It has all the makings to be.

(Jumping the gun a bit, but this is what I anticipate barring some catastrophic developments on either end)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I can see us winning only if We sweep the Heat, and Chicago takes Cleveland to at least 6. They would be a little tired, and we could definitely take advantage of it.

Lebron doesn't get tired.  And it doesn't matter if Shaq is tired or not because they are deep enough to get by with only 10-20 minutes per game from him.

I see us winning if we can just play to the best of our ability.  If we can, I think we are simply the better team.

We just have to plat the D that we are known for and we will win the series. But the question is will we keep the intensity?
Even if we play with intensity, if we lose, people will say we lacked intensity.

Another important thing to remember is that apparent intensity is often a result of success. If another team is down 20, they look lazy, which makes us look relatively intense.

There is no one thing that if we do it, we win, apart from scoring more each game.

One major factor is luck. We need to shoot well while they miss a lot of shots.

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Clev is a better team

Cleveland a better team?  We'll see.
We already know this. It doesn't mean we can't win though. The best team doesn't always win.
My feeling is that the best team in a series always wins.  I shake my head when I hear losing players say they had the better team.  There is a reason they play the games.
I shake my head when they say that too.They may be correct, but that is irrelevant.

Which team is the best is irrelevant when it comes to championships. What matters is who won all their playoff series.

This becomes obviously true when a series is determined by a single "clutch" play that easily could have gone the other way. For example, our series win against Clev in 2008 was essentially a coin toss, with that jumpball coming our way. I believe we were definitely the best team that year, but we still almost lost the first two series.

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2010, 12:49:43 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

Even if we play with intensity, if we lose, people will say we lacked intensity.

Another important thing to remember is that apparent intensity is often a result of success. If another team is down 20, they look lazy, which makes us look relatively intense.

There is no one thing that if we do it, we win, apart from scoring more each game.

One major factor is luck. We need to shoot well while they miss a lot of shots.

I dont know about that. I think we have all seen this team not give it their all this season more times than we would like to admit.

Most here can tell when this team is playing up to their potential. I think most fans can live with a loss, just as long as they go down giving it all the have. 
Still don't believe in Joe.