Author Topic: The FIX is in!!!!  (Read 6950 times)

Re: The FIX is in!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:59 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
So far, the officiating hasn't been a big problem in the Celtics/Heat series.  The refs have missed some calls going in both directions but I haven't seen the kind of officiating that would give the game to one team or the other as we have seen at other times.  The one call I take issue with is O'Neal's take down of KG by grabbing him around the neck.  That should have been a flagrant.  They have called flagrant fouls on much less.   I have seen other series though where the refs have been a factor. Hopefully today's game is called fairly.  Let the players decide it. 

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »

Offline Frezz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Nice of them to get caught up in The Wade Show with that Ray "foul". His hands were actually by his side, and somehow that's a foul and 3 freebies.

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
definitely some questionable call today---the one on Ray was the most obvious--but there were a few really bad ones against the C's.  I'm not saying the refs cost the game but they certainly helped the Heat's cause

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
So far, the officiating hasn't been a big problem in the Celtics/Heat series.  The refs have missed some calls going in both directions but I haven't seen the kind of officiating that would give the game to one team or the other as we have seen at other times.  The one call I take issue with is O'Neal's take down of KG by grabbing him around the neck.  That should have been a flagrant.  They have called flagrant fouls on much less.   I have seen other series though where the refs have been a factor. Hopefully today's game is called fairly.  Let the players decide it. 

Completely agree, been a well officiated series so fa.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
definitely some questionable call today---the one on Ray was the most obvious--but there were a few really bad ones against the C's.  I'm not saying the refs cost the game but they certainly helped the Heat's cause

Did you see any calls the Heat deserved but didn't get?

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Nice of them to get caught up in The Wade Show with that Ray "foul". His hands were actually by his side, and somehow that's a foul and 3 freebies.
Who said the hands were a problem? It was Ray's torso that bumped Wade. Why would you think that his hands had anything to do with it?

Even Van Gundy liked that call, and Van Gundy rarely agrees with foul calls. Pierce gets that call all the time.

It is reasoning like the quoted post that creates this idea that refs are incompetent. Even good calls are blurred through home team lenses.

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Ask Heat fans. As we are almost all aware, most games end with fans of both teams believing that the refs were against them.

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

FIIIIIGHTING ON THE INTERNET! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH YEAH YEAHHHHHHHH!
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

Ask Heat fans. As we are almost all aware, most games end with fans of both teams believing that the refs were against them.

My point exactly.  :)

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

hell no, Miami doesn't deserve any calls! (in my best Tommy H. voice)  ;)

honestly, the refs missed calls both ways but it seemed they did favor Miami a bit.  Not enough to cost the C's the game but the most egregious gaffes were in favor of Miami.

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 09:11:03 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Last night the calls were fairly even.  But, the referees influenced the outcome of the game.  Which players led the team to victory in games 1, 2, and 3?  Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.  Both picked up touch fouls early.  not long after both came back into the game after sitting out with foul trouble they picked up their third fouls.  They were unable to to get into any type of rhythm because of the fouls.  They both finished with 5 fouls and were tentative on both ends of the court because of the foul situation.   Sometimes it isn't how many fouls but who they are called on and when.  Refs can take a team's stars out of the game just by calling ticky tack fouls on them that they might let go otherwise.  But even then, the Celtics could have won that game.  It wasn't the refs that lost it, it was the Celtics lack of focus.