Author Topic: Fired up for the Celtics!!!  (Read 6399 times)

Fired up for the Celtics!!!
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
There's been a heck of a lot of doubt on this blog during the past 2 days. I almost wonder why the heck anyone would want to watch this team, if they think this team is going to get bounced in round one or destroyed in round two.

I for one have the enthusiastic jitters. My legs are constantly bouncing. Game 1 is just 31 hours away. Then its on! I love the NBA playoffs! And nothing gets me fired up like watching the Celtics in the playoffs!

If the C's get taken down during the playoffs, they're going to go down fighting. Sure, they could loose at any time.. but so what. If you think Ray, Paul and Kevin are going to just roll over and quit, you've got another thing coming!

You never know what is going to happen in the post season. But you can bet your *** that KG is drooling for another chance at the playoffs after missing it last year. Pierce is clearly in beast mode. No longer is he content to sit back and launch jump shots all game. He's starting to embarrass people with the ease of his scoring. Ray is playing as well as he has during the past 3 years.

The veterans on this team are very aware of their NBA mortality. They know this is one of their last chances, if not the last chance with this group. Veteran teams pretty much always come out on top in the playoffs. Their experience and intelligence allows them to adjust better from game to game in a series. The 1-2 days off between games also plays right into the veterans' prefered game to game rhythm.

The garden is going to be bumping again. The playoffs are a different animal.

If you're feeling fired up for the playoffs, please sound off! And to be honest, if you are all doom and gloom, take a few days off from the blog, skip a few games in the playoffs. There are other things you can do in life. Come back when the C's are rolling, or come back later to talk about the draft and free agency.

Throughout the season, opposing players and coaches believed the Celtics are going to be very dangerous in the playoffs. Our enemies have more confidence in this team than many on this blog. Ric "Kobe fan" Bucher has more confidence in this team.

I'm challenging everyone to give it their all! The starters! The role players! The coaches! The fans in the great seats! The fans in the cheap seats! The fans at the bars! The fans glued to their TVs! The fans on this blog!

Game 1 is this Saturday. Less then 31 hours away. Go Celtics!!! Hoorah!!

Re: Fired up for the Celtics!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
nice Scoop Jackson article:

"Cries and whispers about Kevin Garnett"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=jackson/100415

...But I'd seen something, too, during the Celtics' spiral against the Cavs on Easter. In the middle of hundreds of Celtics fans screaming at multiple flat screens in a handful of different hot spots that afternoon, I saw all I needed to see. He didn't dominate the way he used to; LeBron was doing what KG used to do. But I saw it. I saw KG come back. Not necessarily with points, rebounds or defense, but with his mouth. And it helped me maintain belief.

LeBron single-handedly made the Celtics' lead evaporate, but KG refused to let "the best player on the planet" (as LeBron, it seems, is now being universally referenced) get comfortable. He was back to talking to himself, talking to anyone in his way, cursing again at a Tarantino-like pace. It was an I'm-not-backing-down-even-in-the-face-of-possible-embarrassment kind of coming back. A "Why won't he shut the #$%@ up?" kind of coming back.

As Boston pulled out the ugly, far-from-comfortable win, KG -- in his beautiful, Reggie Miller-like mindset -- gave LeBron and crew the salute. Thanks for coming out, God bless, good night.

No one whose confidence is in question does that. Not even if he's lying to himself.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 01:39:09 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
I feel exactly the same way man.  I cannot wait for the playoffs to start.  This weekend is like christmas for me.  My birthday is always the same week.  I have a bbq at the house and watch bball all day long.  Its all the sweeter when the Celts are on.  I am so excited for tomorrow!

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
We not only need enthusiasm...we need execution.  When this team clicks on offense and helps on defense like they are playing for something (see Orlando on Christmas Day) they are still a championship level team.

However, we have to be done with the 1 on 1 play and "regular season" mindset. 

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 01:45:01 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
There's been a heck of a lot of doubt on this blog during the past 6 months.

Fixed.

;D
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
On Charles Barkley:

And as much as I am entertained by Charles Barkley, and respect many of his opinions, including his Cleveland pick.... I think he is underestimating the Celtics in a big way.

Sure he knows first hand about an older player loosing "it", and not being able to perform to their old levels, especially after his terrible playoff runs with the Rockets.

But Barkley carries a lot of bitterness from that experience, and can't help but spit bitter venom at the older teams. I'm looking forward to seeing him look uncomfortable when the Celtics are giving Cleveland Hell!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 01:57:27 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
There's been a heck of a lot of doubt on this blog during the past 6 months, led by PosImpos.

Fixed.

;D

Fixed again.   :P

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Nicely written, Mr. O....TP. I can't wait for the playoffs to begin....I've been watching our championship run video clips on youtube since yesterday and I've got goosebumps...lets rock the Garden....Lets go Celtics!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhRfsa6pSsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJMdxGatup0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:19:13 PM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 02:15:23 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
TP barefacedmonk & PierceMVP08 for you enthusiasm!!

1 day and 6 hours to go!! Man, I have been waiting for this shot since game 7 against Orlando just under 1 year ago! Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
TP Mr. October! Excellent post, I share your feelings. After a disappointing and emotionally tough season, let's support the team like every game is the last, and hopefully they will feed from the fans' energy and support. Can't wait for the playoffs to start, I'm so excited!

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Remember this?

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
There's been a heck of a lot of doubt on this blog during the past 2 days. I almost wonder why the heck anyone would want to watch this team, if they think this team is going to get bounced in round one or destroyed in round two.

I for one have the enthusiastic jitters. My legs are constantly bouncing. Game 1 is just 31 hours away. Then its on! I love the NBA playoffs! And nothing gets me fired up like watching the Celtics in the playoffs!

If the C's get taken down during the playoffs, they're going to go down fighting. Sure, they could loose at any time.. but so what. If you think Ray, Paul and Kevin are going to just roll over and quit, you've got another thing coming!

You never know what is going to happen in the post season. But you can bet your *** that KG is drooling for another chance at the playoffs after missing it last year. Pierce is clearly in beast mode. No longer is he content to sit back and launch jump shots all game. He's starting to embarrass people with the ease of his scoring. Ray is playing as well as he has during the past 3 years.

The veterans on this team are very aware of their NBA mortality. They know this is one of their last chances, if not the last chance with this group. Veteran teams pretty much always come out on top in the playoffs. Their experience and intelligence allows them to adjust better from game to game in a series. The 1-2 days off between games also plays right into the veterans' prefered game to game rhythm.

The garden is going to be bumping again. The playoffs are a different animal.

If you're feeling fired up for the playoffs, please sound off! And to be honest, if you are all doom and gloom, take a few days off from the blog, skip a few games in the playoffs. There are other things you can do in life. Come back when the C's are rolling, or come back later to talk about the draft and free agency.

Throughout the season, opposing players and coaches believed the Celtics are going to be very dangerous in the playoffs. Our enemies have more confidence in this team than many on this blog. Ric "Kobe fan" Bucher has more confidence in this team.

I'm challenging everyone to give it their all! The starters! The role players! The coaches! The fans in the great seats! The fans in the cheap seats! The fans at the bars! The fans glued to their TVs! The fans on this blog!

Game 1 is this Saturday. Less then 31 hours away. Go Celtics!!! Hoorah!!

Loved this thread Mr. October.

TP Mr. October!

The playoffs can't come soon enough.

Lets Go Celtics!  Lets Go Celtics! Lets Go Celtics!

"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 03:09:26 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
TP Mr. October! Excellent post, I share your feelings. After a disappointing and emotionally tough season, let's support the team like every game is the last, and hopefully they will feed from the fans' energy and support. Can't wait for the playoffs to start, I'm so excited!

TP for the awesome sig Drucci, ya just know Rays going to have those big shots/big games dontcha!  ;)

TP October as well nice write up!! Im ready
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I'm honestly reserving my full optimism for after a 20 point blowout in game 1, which I wouldn't be that surprised to see. Wait, is that already full blown optimism? ;)

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 03:16:59 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Didnt care for the scoop jackson article...i don't think interviewing pink-hats and folks in an apple store on boylston street is the best way to get a feel for boston basketball...

But whatever, I'm PUMPED for the playoffs, too.  I'll be at the game tomorrow night and plan to be ROWDY.  Can't wait to get all over Beasley.

The garden is going to be bumpin and i expect a "de-fense!" chant to begin after the opening tip and not stop until after the game.

NBA PLAYOFFS, BABY!!!!! LET'S GO CCCCC's!!!!!!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes