Author Topic: Danny needs to make a trade sooner rather than later  (Read 5947 times)

Re: Danny needs to make a trade sooner rather than later
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 09:48:26 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Ray Allen and Baby Davis for Antawn Jamison, Darius Songaila and Deshawn Stevenson. We need athletic frontcourt depth and the Wizards might be willing to reload considering Gilbert may never be the same player.  If this worked it would open up time for Pruitt at off guard or have Pierce play the 2 and have a 1st unit of Rondo,Pierce,Jamison,Garnett, and Perkins.http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3200~385~1784~808&teams=27~27~2~2~2&te=&cash=

so thier going to reload by bringing in an aging ray allen and a bench player for one of thier best young players in jamision?

Even carrying it forward and giving them a good tier FA in 2010, they will need to replace both allen and jamision. This doesn't reload them, it thins them out.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ray Allen and Baby Davis for Antawn Jamison, Darius Songaila and Deshawn Stevenson. We need athletic frontcourt depth and the Wizards might be willing to reload considering Gilbert may never be the same player.  If this worked it would open up time for Pruitt at off guard or have Pierce play the 2 and have a 1st unit of Rondo,Pierce,Jamison,Garnett, and Perkins.http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3200~385~1784~808&teams=27~27~2~2~2&te=&cash=

so thier going to reload by bringing in an aging ray allen and a bench player for one of thier best young players in jamision?

Even carrying it forward and giving them a good tier FA in 2010, they will need to replace both allen and jamision. This doesn't reload them, it thins them out.
Not that I disagree with your premise, the Wiz don't do this trade and neither do we but I just thought I'd point out if Jamison at 32 is one of the Wizards' best young players, the Wiz are in a world of hurt and maybe should break out some wheel chairs for all the geisers on their roster.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Not that I disagree with your premise, the Wiz don't do this trade and neither do we but I just thought I'd point out if Jamison at 32 is one of the Wizards' best young players, the Wiz are in a world of hurt and maybe should break out some wheel chairs for all the geisers on their roster.

is he really that old?

Wow, my bad, i thought he was like 27-28 for some reason.

TP4U for catching me, though i still agree with you they don't do that trade.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

is he really that old?

Wow, my bad, i thought he was like 27-28 for some reason.

TP4U for catching me, though i still agree with you they don't do that trade.
Yeah remember he was the same draft as Pierce and Carter. Pierce was po'ed that he was taken after those two.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Lol well I didnt say it was a lock to happen if we offered it. But if I was Danny I would give it a try. The Wizards just might have seen enough of the Butler, Jamison, Arenas trio. A expiring 18 million dollar contract is a fairly big chip and Ray Allen is no slouch.

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Lol well I didnt say it was a lock to happen if we offered it. But if I was Danny I would give it a try. The Wizards just might have seen enough of the Butler, Jamison, Arenas trio. A expiring 18 million dollar contract is a fairly big chip and Ray Allen is no slouch.

I honestly think the wizards think they can beat anyone when that trio is healthy.

I don't agree with them, but i think they beleive it.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:02 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I prefered the Ray for Kirilenko and Korver deal over this one.  But would Utah trade {edited - let's keep the racial stuff out of the conversation.  Not really appropriate - red}
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:36:48 AM by Redz »

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 10:37:49 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
One question for the OP.

With what? I mean what exactly does he have that is going to entice anyone to trade with him?

Powe.

Powe, TA and Scal for Joe Smith.

Then, bring up Walker and Giddens and sign Marbury.
Good luck getting the GM in Seattle, oops, I mean OKC, to take Powe, Ta, and Scal for a talent like Smith. I think you are way over evaluating the talent on our bench and how they are perceived league wide.

Joe Smith is getting very little burn in OKC right now.

OKC and New Orleans both expressed interest in Tony Allen this past offseason.

I think Powe has earned the respect of many teams after his playoff performance.

Although I like the Kirilenko idea.