Author Topic: Never thought I'd say this.....  (Read 4244 times)

Re: Never thought I'd say this.....
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
What people don't seem to understand is that even the greats have bad stretches.

When they do, you'd better have an effort guy and a scorer on your bench to energize your club on the floor.

Doc's got nowhere to go with Garnett and Allen struggling - no pick-me-up whatsoever.

for me the biggest problem with the bench is a lack of flexibility. small ball took a lot of heat last year, but even when it wasn't working, it was still showing the other team a different look.

this year we have no different looks to show and it makes us way more predictable....

blame it on Danny and POB

even if POB was contributing this year, it still wouldn't solve the flexibility problem....

when teams are seeing you do the same thing over and over again, they can start jumping what you are doing and that leads to TOs...

So what your saying is its Doc's fault because that's how I feel.  His inability to shake up his routine when things goes astray just astounds me. 

well not really...i don't think he has the personnel to shake things up....I mean even Pruitt coming in gives you the same exact look. It doesn't change how the team functions...

maybe he can knock down a few more shots (which obviously is good and needed) but in order for the offense to function differently, you need a guy like Posey that can play multiple positions.

not necessarily Posey (although that would be ideal), but at least someone like him.

I agree with what your saying but I still think the Celtics could play small ball  by moving PP to the 4 spot.  I'll admit the bench isn't as deep this year as last season but I still think there is enough there to try different things.  

it's worth a shot, but thing about Posey at the 4 is that you really don't lose that much size and rebounding-wise...

with Paul at the 4 and Eddie or Gabe at the 2, your really start to have size mismatches and rebounding problems...

but yeah, i would give it a shot...

i'd still like to work to bring someone in that could play that 4 spot and leave Paul and Ray at the normal spots..
Joe?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!