Author Topic: Never thought I'd say this.....  (Read 4271 times)

Never thought I'd say this.....
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:23 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
...but when Pierce leaves the floor I get really really nervous.....

....and then for a split second I think Big Al is still on our team.

Yup, there I said....that's how bad I think we're playing.

Re: Never thought I'd say this.....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
What people don't seem to understand is that even the greats have bad stretches.

When they do, you'd better have an effort guy and a scorer on your bench to energize your club on the floor.

Doc's got nowhere to go with Garnett and Allen struggling - no pick-me-up whatsoever.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
must keep attacking, rockets in the penalty with along time to go in the third.

oops
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
They need to get back to playing Celtic's defense, and need something to change. I don't know if the change is a trade, or a lineup adjustment or a new scheme, I don't know, but something needs to throw opponents off.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
we are really injuried

:-\ trying to look for an answer?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:37:47 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
What people don't seem to understand is that even the greats have bad stretches.

When they do, you'd better have an effort guy and a scorer on your bench to energize your club on the floor.

Doc's got nowhere to go with Garnett and Allen struggling - no pick-me-up whatsoever.

for me the biggest problem with the bench is a lack of flexibility. small ball took a lot of heat last year, but even when it wasn't working, it was still showing the other team a different look.

this year we have no different looks to show and it makes us way more predictable....

adding scoring (like Marbury for instance) may add something to the depth, but it adds nothing to the flexibility department.

we need to show some different looks to keep other teams off balance.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 10:39:31 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

for me the biggest problem with the bench is a lack of flexibility. small ball took a lot of heat last year, but even when it wasn't working, it was still showing the other team a different look.

this year we have no different looks to show and it makes us way more predictable....

blame it on Danny and POB

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

even if POB was contributing this year, it still wouldn't solve the flexibility problem....

when teams are seeing you do the same thing over and over again, they can start jumping what you are doing and that leads to TOs...

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
So depressing -- Houston had lost 5 straight road games coming into tonight.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 10:45:38 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

even if POB was contributing this year, it still wouldn't solve the flexibility problem....

when teams are seeing you do the same thing over and over again, they can start jumping what you are doing and that leads to TOs...

KG injury is hurting that a LOT too
specially in the inside game
Not having Posey too....he tries the 3s

Perk injurie too
and Ray in..................................
and yes we need a backup pg

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

So what your saying is its Doc's fault because that's how I feel.  His inability to shake up his routine when things goes astray just astounds me. 

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

So what your saying is its Doc's fault because that's how I feel.  His inability to shake up his routine when things goes astray just astounds me. 

well not really...i don't think he has the personnel to shake things up....I mean even Pruitt coming in gives you the same exact look. It doesn't change how the team functions...

maybe he can knock down a few more shots (which obviously is good and needed) but in order for the offense to function differently, you need a guy like Posey that can play multiple positions.

not necessarily Posey (although that would be ideal), but at least someone like him.

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

well not really...i don't think he has the personnel to shake things up....I mean even Pruitt coming in gives you the same exact look. It doesn't change how the team functions...

maybe he can knock down a few more shots (which obviously is good and needed) but in order for the offense to function differently, you need a guy like Posey that can play multiple positions.

not necessarily Posey (although that would be ideal), but at least someone like him.

well Winn to be honest pruitt play very cool bkb other than a bad pass looking for RA today
he play with nice tempo he looked like a College Ray allen
no other pg in this team gives u that
so he really change the outlook of the team

Nice to be back!

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 10:56:34 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

I agree with what your saying but I still think the Celtics could play small ball  by moving PP to the 4 spot.  I'll admit the bench isn't as deep this year as last season but I still think there is enough there to try different things.  

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 11:04:16 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

I agree with what your saying but I still think the Celtics could play small ball  by moving PP to the 4 spot.  I'll admit the bench isn't as deep this year as last season but I still think there is enough there to try different things.  

it's worth a shot, but thing about Posey at the 4 is that you really don't lose that much size and rebounding-wise...

with Paul at the 4 and Eddie or Gabe at the 2, your really start to have size mismatches and rebounding problems...

but yeah, i would give it a shot...

i'd still like to work to bring someone in that could play that 4 spot and leave Paul and Ray at the normal spots..