Poll

Which of these guys will lose their job? Not should, but will.

Sam Cassell
10 (50%)
Gabe Pruitt
0 (0%)
Bill Walker
1 (5%)
Patrick O'Bryant
9 (45%)
JR Giddens
0 (0%)
Eddie House
0 (0%)
Brian Scalabrine
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: So we all want to add someone..who do we cut?  (Read 3259 times)

Re: So we all want to add someone..who do we cut?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I know Scal will not be cut, but don't destroy my dream of having a better option that replaces his playing time!

I guess if I had to choose it would be bye bye Sam

Well, I think even those of us who think Scal has done a very good job this year can't argue with that.  He is ideally a 10th-12th man on this team.  His real value is in his versatility to be able to defend multiple positions, in case of injury or foul trouble.  They will definitely be in trouble if they are not able to upgrade the bench (even from within) to have him in his ideal role (note: same can be said for Tony Allen, Eddie House, Leon Powe, and Glenn Davis).

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 12:56:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
It has to be Cassell. He seves no purpose on the bench he is just taking up a spot for someone else. He is sitting on the bench coaching already so just give him a coaching job. Patty O is too young and any 7 footer that young has potential especially under cliff ray.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 12:59:34 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It has to be Cassell. He seves no purpose on the bench he is just taking up a spot for someone else. He is sitting on the bench coaching already so just give him a coaching job. Patty O is too young and any 7 footer that young has potential especially under cliff ray.

The only thing about Cassell is I really think they have (or had) plans for him to come back late in the season and play.  There really is not much other explanation for him not playing so far.  If he simply had nothing left, they would have just cut him, or would be using him in garbage minutes or something.    They are clearly making an honest effort to rest him.

Now, it is certainly within the realm of possibility that they have, or will decide that its a failed experiment and cut him.  But I just have a feeling POB will be on the cutting block first, unless they are brining in a PG.

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 01:50:06 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I know Scal will not be cut, but don't destroy my dream of having a better option that replaces his playing time!

I guess if I had to choose it would be bye bye Sam

If Scal is traded, he will be brought back as soon as the team he's traded to buys him out.  The haters won't be rid of Scal until the team no longer has title aspirations.

Sam will be activated as soon as he's needed.  He isn't going anywhere.  Barring something irrestible coming across, O'Bryant and Pruitt will start playing meaningful minutes right after the all-star game.  I see nobody out there who's been bought out or a free agent who's an obvious upgrade over anybody on our roster.