Author Topic: Felton and "the double dribble???"  (Read 685 times)

Felton and "the double dribble???"
« on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:33 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Guys,

Please help me know if I am going crazy or not.  I was at the game in Charlotte last night and myself and even Bobcat fans around me thought we saw Raymond Felton double dribble on the last shot in regulation with about 2 seconds to go.  If anyone taped or TIVOed the game, could you please check that for me?

Thanks,

Smitty77

Re: Felton and "the double dribble???"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
it was marginaly a double dribble, tough for the ref to call because it looked like rondo tipped it from the side angle. but there is no way it would get called  in that spot.

If that got called, then the bobcats would rigthly be up in arms over pierce not getting called for a travel on two of his layups in the last 4 minutes, which were much worse.

what worried me more is rondo going for the poke away steal with 3 seconds left and giving a hot shooter an open look. thats terrable defense.

Its like rondo has convinced himself that against lesser teams, he doesn't need to keep the opposing PG in front of him. He gambles for steals a ton less against good teams.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion