Author Topic: Celtics (9-1) at Warriors (2-10) Game #11 11/15/19  (Read 32672 times)

Re: Celtics (9-1) at Warriors (2-10) Game #11 11/15/19
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2019, 10:54:50 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
As promised, I tracked Jayson Tatum's plays in the fourth quarter. Enjoy!

1. Made no attempt to hit the roll man in Theis at 11:27, it would've either resulted in a Theis layup/dunk or an open corner three.
2. Missed the easy pass to an open Carsen Edwards and attempted a nonsensical crosscourt pass to Smart at 11:26 that ended up in the stands.
3. Chose not to pull up for a wide open three off the pick at 11:01 and ended up shooting a contested sidestep three with a hand in his face.
4. Good decision to drop and cover the big at 10:10 after getting caught on a screen.
5. Poor attempt to play the passing lane at 8:59 and let legendary rim attacker Draymond Green blow by him like an ice cream cone after whiffing the pass.
6. Good decision to drift to the wing during the Smart drive to receive a kickout, but opted to shoot a contested midrange pullup instead of swinging the ball to an open Walker after the pump fake, or barrel into the lane for a closer shot/draw a foul at 8:36.
7. Missed a wide open Smart at 8:32, and made a poor pass to Walker at 8:30 (also a good option since he was open, but the pass was absolute ****). Good positioning while jockeying for a possible offensive rebound though.
8. Hits an open corner three at 8:01.
9. Lets his man seal inside positioning for the tip in when trying to grab the defensive rebound at 7:37.
10. Good awareness to intercept the crosscourt pass at 7:10.
11. Makes an awful bounce pass on the fastbreak that would make young Dirk Nowitzki look like prime Magic Johnson at 7:06.
12. Good contest at 6:47.
13. No awareness to roll hard to the rim and seal his smaller defender/position himself for a post up after the switch at 5:03.
14. Nice seal to establish deep paint position at 4:32 to draw the foul.
15. Missed high leverage pass to Brown for a layup at 3:24.
16. Missed a lob to Theis at 3:19.
17. Should've shot the three after the pass fake at 3:00 and missed a wide open Smart in the corner at 2:57 during the drive.
18. No intention of playing any help defense at 2:00 on the GSW drive. Good tip that contributed to the team defensive rebound though.
19. Delayed and weak pass to Theis in the PnR, allowing Green to help and bust up the two man game.
20. Great play to steal the tip for the easy dunk, but was Luke Shaw to Smart's Jose Mourinho for that play.
21. Could've thrown a behind the back pass to Kemba in the corner for an open three at 1:08, but the midrange shot was okay.
22. Good help defense with the dig steal to initiate the fast break at 1:02, but inexplicably did a pirouette to slow down the attack, although he made an advanced interior pass to Theis.
let me guess. you dont like how tatum played.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #556 on: November 16, 2019, 10:58:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

1. Made no attempt to hit the roll man in Theis at 11:27, it would've either resulted in a Theis layup/dunk or an open corner three.
2. Missed the easy pass to an open Carsen Edwards and attempted a nonsensical crosscourt pass to Smart at 11:26 that ended up in the stands.
3. Chose not to pull up for a wide open three off the pick at 11:01 and ended up shooting a contested sidestep three with a hand in his face.
4. Good decision to drop and cover the big at 10:10 after getting caught on a screen.
5. Poor attempt to play the passing lane at 8:59 and let legendary rim attacker Draymond Green blow by him like an ice cream cone after whiffing the pass.
6. Good decision to drift to the wing during the Smart drive to receive a kickout, but opted to shoot a contested midrange pullup instead of swinging the ball to an open Walker after the pump fake, or barrel into the lane for a closer shot/draw a foul at 8:36.
7. Missed a wide open Smart at 8:32, and made a poor pass to Walker at 8:30 (also a good option since he was open, but the pass was absolute ****). Good positioning while jockeying for a possible offensive rebound though.
9. Lets his man seal inside positioning for the tip in when trying to grab the defensive rebound at 7:37.
11. Makes an awful bounce pass on the fastbreak that would make young Dirk Nowitzki look like prime Magic Johnson at 7:06.
13. No awareness to roll hard to the rim and seal his smaller defender/position himself for a post up after the switch at 5:03.
17. Should've shot the three after the pass fake at 3:00 and missed a wide open Smart in the corner at 2:57 during the drive.
18. No intention of playing any help defense at 2:00 on the GSW drive. Good tip that contributed to the team defensive rebound though.
19. Delayed and weak pass to Theis in the PnR, allowing Green to help and bust up the two man game.
20. Great play to steal the tip for the easy dunk, but was Luke Shaw to Smart's Jose Mourinho for that play.
21. Could've thrown a behind the back pass to Kemba in the corner for an open three at 1:08, but the midrange shot was okay.
22. Good help defense with the dig steal to initiate the fast break at 1:02, but inexplicably did a pirouette to slow down the attack, although he made an advanced interior pass to Theis.
lol I did, but only after watching the fourth quarter since I missed it :laugh:. most of these plays can be avoided, but they need Tatum to actually focus on improving in multiple aspects of the game instead of solely shot selection.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:06 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

lol I did, but only after watching the fourth quarter since I missed it :laugh:. most of these mistakes are correctable, but they need Tatum to actually focus on improving in multiple aspects of the game.
fair enough. a tp for the work that went into the post.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

lol I did, but only after watching the fourth quarter since I missed it :laugh:. most of these mistakes are correctable, but they need Tatum to actually focus on improving in multiple aspects of the game.
fair enough. a tp for the work that went into the post.
Appreciate it! I know that some people don't like others criticising their favourite players as well as dismiss people playing armchair scout (which I am doing to a degree, I'm just judging plays based on the little basketball knowledge I know), but I think that tracking players like this will give you a better idea of their game as well as what's needed for them to improve/for the team to maximise their potential.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I love both the Jays but do have to admit there has seemingly been a divide on the blog where there was lots of positive talk about Tatum and negative on Brown.

Tatum couldn't be the guy we traded for AD.
Tatum has top 5 player in the league potential.
Tatum has elite offensive skills.

Meanwhile you heard:

Brown has an unfixable handle
Brown has a low BBIQ
Brown needs to be traded for anything and anyone
Brown isn't worth a big extension

What's killing Jayson is his finishing at the rim. If he gets that back up to about 65% or better from the 45% it stands at now he would probably average 2-3 points more per game, everything else being equal.

« Reply #560 on: November 16, 2019, 02:05:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Probably a bit too critical here.  I don't want guys throwing behind the back passes in crunch time.  Too risky, especially when it's not a skill they're really adept at. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #561 on: November 16, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Probably a bit too critical here.  I don't want guys throwing behind the back passes in crunch time.  Too risky, especially when it's not a skill they're really adept at.
Yeah that's why I said the jumper was acceptable. It was a really tight window that only the greatest passers could've hit.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA