Author Topic: The Tattoo Thread  (Read 26391 times)

Re: The Tattoo Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
I just turned 30 yesterday, so I haven't been getting inked as rapidly as you Matt, but I have 2 so far.  I draw each of my own pieces to scale, so it takes me years to conceive and design them.  I am planning my 3rd this year, I have a vision of getting as many as 5 all together.

I am a professional filmmaker.  This piece is an ode to the first film I made when I was 8 years old, "Planet of the Unknown Monsters."

Here's the raw sketch:

Here's the movie it's inspired by, the whole things makes so much more sense once you've seen it ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSIoQz3fLU

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 12:02:55 PM »

Kiorrik

Alright, here goes; I don't have any right to post in this thread, being "bare naked". Tattoo wise of course, don't be silly, I'm not naked at the computer - I'm wearing socks.

I've got a nice little scar on the side of my left ankle. Had surgery after breaking my foot while pretending to be a flippin' Power Ranger and ripping about every tendon I have in that ankle upon landing a somersault-kick in the living room, back when I was about 15 years younger.

I'd like to accentuate that part, and build a tattoo around it. I love to draw, and will most certainly give it a go at some point, but so far, I've come up with utterly nothing. Right now though, I'm thinking of something basketbally, musicky and maybe something relating to my thoughts on life itself. Don't, however, ask me how I'm going to accomplish this because if I knew, I'd be at the tattoo shop right now.

Having said the above, I really appreciate the pictures you guys posted for several reasons. First of all: I love looking at tattoos. All of them look absolutely great, and I especially appreciate the ones you guys drew by yourself.

Secondly, it just tells something about a person when they have tattoos. Not just the fact that they have tattoos, but also what the tattoos mean to that person.

Moreover, it doesn't just tell you that they like something, or appreciate something a lot, it also tells you about how some people are able to appreciate things to such an extend that they're willing to ink it for life. That's a pretty big deal, and I respect people that live life like that.

I hope this post made even a tiny bit of sense, because especially the last part was hard to put to words ;)

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 12:06:53 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I just turned 30 yesterday, so I haven't been getting inked as rapidly as you Matt, but I have 2 so far.  I draw each of my own pieces to scale, so it takes me years to conceive and design them.  I am planning my 3rd this year, I have a vision of getting as many as 5 all together.

I am a professional filmmaker.  This piece is an ode to the first film I made when I was 8 years old, "Planet of the Unknown Monsters."

Here's the raw sketch:

Here's the movie it's inspired by, the whole things makes so much more sense once you've seen it ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSIoQz3fLU

Very cool! TP paid!

I'll take a look at that video when I get home later. Thanks for posting!

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »

Kiorrik

Reggie, I TP'd you up too. That video, I can see why you'd make that into a tattoo.

It's -brilliant-

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 12:12:51 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Alright, here goes; I don't have any right to post in this thread, being "bare naked". Tattoo wise of course, don't be silly, I'm not naked at the computer - I'm wearing socks.

I've got a nice little scar on the side of my left ankle. Had surgery after breaking my foot while pretending to be a flippin' Power Ranger and ripping about every tendon I have in that ankle upon landing a somersault-kick in the living room, back when I was about 15 years younger.

I'd like to accentuate that part, and build a tattoo around it. I love to draw, and will most certainly give it a go at some point, but so far, I've come up with utterly nothing. Right now though, I'm thinking of something basketbally, musicky and maybe something relating to my thoughts on life itself. Don't, however, ask me how I'm going to accomplish this because if I knew, I'd be at the tattoo shop right now.

Having said the above, I really appreciate the pictures you guys posted for several reasons. First of all: I love looking at tattoos. All of them look absolutely great, and I especially appreciate the ones you guys drew by yourself.

Secondly, it just tells something about a person when they have tattoos. Not just the fact that they have tattoos, but also what the tattoos mean to that person.

Moreover, it doesn't just tell you that they like something, or appreciate something a lot, it also tells you about how some people are able to appreciate things to such an extend that they're willing to ink it for life. That's a pretty big deal, and I respect people that live life like that.

I hope this post made even a tiny bit of sense, because especially the last part was hard to put to words ;)

It made perfect sense and was a great post... a TP has been given.

I designed all of my tattoos, except with the help of the tattoo artists, because I'm not much of an artist. Obviously the Alpha Omega and the coexist ones required no designing, I just went in and said I want the Alpha and the Omega and I want the word coexist.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 12:17:20 PM »

Kiorrik

It made perfect sense and was a great post... a TP has been given.

I designed all of my tattoos, except with the help of the tattoo artists, because I'm not much of an artist. Obviously the Alpha Omega and the coexist ones required no designing, I just went in and said I want the Alpha and the Omega and I want the word coexist.
Hahaha, yeh well, not everyone can be an artist, right? ;)

TP back atcha.

I just love hearing the thoughts behind tattoos tbh. Most of the time, they tell the life story, and a lot about someones personality. A lot more than people think it does actually.

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 04:37:57 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Located on my right shin.  Got this about 3 or 4 months ago.  I've got 6 in total, but this is the only one I have pics of and is also, by far, my most favorite...probably because it's the newest of the bunch.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:46:40 PM by PaulPierce34G »

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo

I'm terrible with knowing how to use coding and whatnot, but anyways here's some photos.

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »

Offline Tough Juice

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:38:38 PM by Tough Juice »

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 12:14:23 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
One of my 7 tattoos.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:53:23 AM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 02:53:58 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I`m thinking of geting a bible berse tatooed onto the back of my right hand. any suggestions. Something poignant yet not so blatantly obvious as John 3:16
Banner 18 please 😍