Author Topic: Celtics Are Now 15-2 When Hayward Scores 15+ In A Game  (Read 2886 times)

Celtics Are Now 15-2 When Hayward Scores 15+ In A Game
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:00:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
A note to Brad Stevens: When the team is fully healthy (or very close to it) then LESS Morris & Rozier, MORE Brown & Hayward.

Love seeing Hayward starting to get more shot attempts (he's had between 10-13 the last few games), but please no more seeing Morris and Rozier jack up 15-18 shots a game (usually 3/4 of them being low IQ shots and mostly missing).

In instances like tonight or in recent games where Kyrie, Horford, Timelord, Hayward and/or Baynes are out, then fine, I can understand it a little, but once we're healthy and come playoff time, please adjust.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Celtics Are Now 15-2 When Hayward Scores 15+ In A Game
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
A note to Brad Stevens: When the team is fully healthy (or very close to it), then LESS Morris & Rozier, MORE Brown & Hayward.

Love seeing Hayward starting to get more shot attempts (he's had between 10-13 the last few games), but please no more seeing Morris and Rozier jack up 15-18 shots a game (usually 3/4 of them being low IQ shots and mostly missing).

In instances like tonight or in recent games where Kyrie, Horford, Hayward and/or Baynes are out, then fine, I can understand it a little, but once we're healthy and in the playoffs, please adjust.

Totally agree with you. I really don’t think Terry should get more than 15 mins a game in the playoffs. Morris is a different story—we clearly need him defensively in some matchups like tonight.

But yeah Hayward has been more aggressive and hopefully it only continues moving forward.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
A note to Brad Stevens: When the team is fully healthy (or very close to it), then LESS Morris & Rozier, MORE Brown & Hayward.

In instances like tonight or in recent games where Kyrie, Horford, Hayward and/or Baynes are out, then fine, I can understand it a little, but once we're healthy and in the playoffs, please adjust.

Totally agree with you. I really don’t think Terry should get more than 15 mins a game in the playoffs. Morris is a different story—we clearly need him defensively in some matchups like tonight.

But yeah Hayward has been more aggressive and hopefully it only continues moving forward.

Yep. Like I'm not saying to just bench Morris and Rozier entire games, but I'd prefer seeing more minutes and shots going to Hayward and Brown in the playoffs. And if they can't accept that role, then who cares, they're probably gone this summer anyways. Our best chance at a deep playoff run will come from key contributions by Hayward and Brown. Sure, maybe Rozier and Morris can have a great game here or there, but consistently I honestly doubt it. I trust Kyrie, Horford and even Tatum will step up. If one or both of Hayward/Brown can show up, then we can truly make noise in the coming month(s).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
More Brown? Pffft if this gane is any indicator it's likely that Brown becomes a benchwarmer in the playoffs. Ain't happening with Brad ::).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 10:47:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Almost as if he's our second best all-round offensive player!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 02:45:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Almost as if he's our second best all-round offensive player!

Very nice.

Maybe it is time to start Hayward.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 02:46:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Also 11-2 without Irving.  Perhaps they should just bench Irving and force feed Hayward shots.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Most teams will put up wins when their bench players go off.  Hayward has settled into his role as a 30 million--dollar-a-year streaky bench guy nicely. 

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 04:10:36 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
A note to Brad Stevens: When the team is fully healthy (or very close to it) then LESS Morris & Rozier, MORE Brown & Hayward.

In instances like tonight or in recent games where Kyrie, Horford, Timelord, Hayward and/or Baynes are out, then fine, I can understand it a little, but once we're healthy and come playoff time, please adjust.

The team definitely needs to adjust in the playoffs.  Arguably the biggest change needs to come from Gordon himself.  It's time for him to throw caution out the window, especially when it comes to fear of getting in the way of his teammates.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
If you look at Hayward's per 36 numbers it's very similar to his career averages except for FTA as others have pointed out

Hayward was the man at Utah taking about 20 shots per game. This season he's taking around half that

I just want him to hit his open shots and improve on defence and anything other than that is a bonus.

Another pre season and Hayward should have his speed and strength back, that's what I'm looking forward too the most with him

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Also 11-2 without Irving.  Perhaps they should just bench Irving and force feed Hayward shots.

Cause and effect is so fun!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 05:13:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well if that is their record when he gets 15 points then there is nothing to do but start Hayward and feed him shots until he hits 15 points. 😉😄

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 05:16:36 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Schedule matters, right?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 05:24:33 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Problem with this stat is that only 5 of those games were against actual good teams (top eight west, top 5 east, ie clearly above .500 teams). In those games we are a robust 4-1, but the fact that most of his good game come against bad teams may simply be an indicator that like all players he plays better against bad teams.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 05:35:19 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Hayward as he is being paid max should be having no less than 15 FGA/game, regardless if he is having a bad shooting night...on a good night should be shooting atleast 20 times.

Right now coming off the bench has not given him that much opportunities and just content on facilitating and attempting about 8 per game...way too low imo.