Author Topic: 44 team direct elimination fantasy presidential death match  (Read 3715 times)

44 team direct elimination fantasy presidential death match
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
We got bored at work and resorted to goofing off and created a 44 team direct elimination presidential death match.

We had a snake draft and seeded the teams.

The death match assumed hand to hand melee weapons and men in their prime.

One snag was that Grover Cleveland was two presidents so we substituted in Trump, because we thought that was sorta funny

The final four was

Andrew Jackson vs Gerald Ford on one side of the bracket

Rutherford B Hayes vs T Roosevelt on the other. 

This is something you should try some time
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:30:01 AM by eja117 »

Re: 44 team direct elimination fantasy presidential death match
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'd imagine a Jackson vs Teddy final.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:01:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I don't see how Ford gets past Jackson, but Hayes can really bring it.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 10:39:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
My man Abe all the way
Yup

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:43:47 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hahaha. I'm guessing T. Roosevelt won, based on "Man In The Arena," an excerpt from a speech "Citizen In A Republic":

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

-----------------------

That's serious business... and has inspired many a tattoo among our youth (at least one, right here).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:57:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Andrew Jackson once got in a duel with a famous marksman.  He let him shoot first, got hit an inch below his heart.  With blood filling up his boots he made the guy get back to the line for his now free shot.  Guy crossed his arms over his heart and Jackson shot him in the crotch, eventually fatally.  He wins.

Of course he was also a huge prick so take that into consideration.  But that kinda seems like a pro in a deathmatch.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Andrew Jackson once got in a duel with a famous marksman.  He let him shoot first, got hit an inch below his heart.  With blood filling up his boots he made the guy get back to the line for his now free shot.  Guy crossed his arms over his heart and Jackson shot him in the crotch, eventually fatally.  He wins.

Of course he was also a huge prick so take that into consideration.  But that kinda seems like a pro in a deathmatch.

The fact that you know that leads me to believe you deserved at least a #4 seed in this battle.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

In the other hand, Teddy got shot in the chest during a speech and still finished it out.  Both of them are undeniably awesome.

That would be one [heck] of a fight
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 07:34:47 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Hayes was wounded 5 times and had a rep for bravery in combat. I have some doubts he got those wounds from afar. He must have fought wounded, not just talked.

Abe Lincoln as a 6ft 4 wrestler with folksy guts was drafted high and got a high seed, but we couldn't see him getting past All American football player Gerald Ford.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 08:20:45 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
I dunno, Ulysses S Grant always struck me as the type to kick the other guy in the groin when he wasn't looking.

And major TPs for the OP for this thread.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 08:29:49 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Abe Lincoln as a 6ft 4 wrestler with folksy guts was drafted high and got a high seed, but we couldn't see him getting past All American football player Gerald Ford.

Didn't Ford already have the bum knee that made him fall all those times when he was in his prime?  I thought that happened pretty early on.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 09:15:02 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Didn't Ford already have the bum knee that made him fall all those times when he was in his prime?  I thought that happened pretty early on.
I searched the inter web for this knee injury. This is the closest I got

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gerald-ford-player-injuries

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 09:32:10 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My man FDR. Don't underestimate.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I don't want to be mean but I feel like FDR would be TKO'd.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

I searched the inter web for this knee injury. This is the closest I got

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gerald-ford-player-injuries

It's out there but I can't get a firm date.  Here's one quote from an article on him:

Mr. Ford was derisively called “the accidental President,” partly because of the manner in which he assumed the highest office in the nation—and partly due to a few occasions when he accidentally fell or stumbled, televised for all to see. The public did not understand that a nagging knee injury from his football years may have contributed to his imbalance.

http://realtruth.org/articles/512-adpadg.html

There are a couple other sites that mention it.  He eventually got it fully replaced in 1990.  I'm just saying that thing might buckle on him at any point in a heated deathmatch.

I don't want to be mean but I feel like FDR would be TKO'd.

FDR could've Murderball'ed up his wheelchair and taken out a knee or two, but yeah he's a late-round sleeper at best. 

William Henry Harrison, now - tried to dispel rumors he was frail by giving a long Inauguration speech in a cold downpour.  Got sick and died within a month.  He might have to be the absolute last pick.