Author Topic: Will the LeBrondo expereince work out?  (Read 2954 times)

Re: Will the LeBrondo expereince work out?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Ball in the mix should be interesting too.

The LeBallDo Experience!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 08:43:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am guessing no, he will run out of gas as he is getting older every year from now on.  No way they beat GS this year.   He missed more dunks than I have ever seen him.   

Plus no young player has ever developed next to him. he is so ball dominant it will kill their player development.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 09:09:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I am guessing no, he will run out of gas as he is getting older every year from now on.  No way they beat GS this year.   He missed more dunks than I have ever seen him.   

Plus no young player has ever developed next to him. he is so ball dominant it will kill their player development.
Your second point is particularly important. All the so-called experts rave about how good LBJ will be for the young guys, but I can’t think of any young guy he’s helped better his game more than expected.

I think his ball doninance will be particularly bad for Ingram, who was playing well as the ballhandler at then end of last season
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 08:24:57 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

The last part is just silly.  Plenty of young players have developed playing next to him, including the Celtics current PG, who became a lot better once James ended up in Cleveland. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 05:07:13 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

The last part is just silly.  Plenty of young players have developed playing next to him, including the Celtics current PG, who became a lot better once James ended up in Cleveland.

Yeah I agree.  I don't think he'll hurt the Lakers Young players.  I think they're going to play hard as heck trying to impress him.  The Laker's young guys just got out of the prison of suckitude....and will be fired up about that.  I think the most underrated aspect of the new Lakers team is Lebron himself.  Until we see him look slow old and weak, he's not slow old and weak.  Basically I just see a far superior supporting cast to Cleveland's.  Kevin Love was it.  Lebron's got much more now. 

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It could go smoothly or it could go terribly. Rondo has a giant ego and butts heads nearly everywhere he goes.

I just don’t think they have enough shooting, especially if you play Ball and Rondo together. If you play one of the other, eventually Rondo or Lavar will cause a problem.

Of course Luke will be the first one to get blamed, and he’ll get canned.

They will fight for the 6-7-8 seeds and probably get eliminated quickly if they do make it.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 05:18:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Rondo is very hardheaded..LeBron thinks he never make mistakes..they be fighting in January and coach james will tell lakers to release Rondo..i really feel sorry for luke walton
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2018, 06:08:15 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

It's similar to the "Danny Ainge can't draft" argument of a few years ago. In general, young players haven't developed much next to Lebron because his team's have been too good to 1. get high picks and 2. focus on development instead of winning. It's not like Lebron has been playing with tons of top picks that never developed
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 06:50:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

What young player developed at a surprising level / grew to exceed expectations under LeBron? I can’t think of any
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
All I know is that I feel sorry for the victim(s) that will face The Lakers in the playoffs next season.

Playoff Rondo - even at his current age - is a sight to behold. Ask Isaiah Thomas and BOS during the 2016-17 playoffs.

Mix THAT with Playoff LeBron? And the young and talented core they have right now?

They aren't beating BOSTON anytime soon but they are set to do damage with their current team.

PLEASE, Kyrie - don't let LeBron, Rondo and the Lakers beat us.

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 09:45:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

What young player developed at a surprising level / grew to exceed expectations under LeBron? I can’t think of any
well to bitterjim's point it isn't like James has ever really played with any high picks, other than Irving and Thompson who both developed a ton while he was there.  More recently Cedi Osman, looked awful good playing with James last year as a rookie. Mario Chalmers had a decade long career because he was blessed to play and grow under James.  Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic, Boobie Gibson, etc. all seemed to develop fine playing in James' shadow (though James was fairly young himself with all those guys).  JJ Hickson came along later in James' first stint in Cleveland and did just fine in the growth department.  Miami had like 1, first round pick when he was there, that was Norris Cole at 28, who managed to get a 2nd contract pretty much only because he played with James.

But you see that is the thing, late 1st round picks or 2nd round picks (which all those guys are) is all you are going to end up with when you have Lebron James. In addition, teams with Lebron James tend to trade draft picks and young players for win now players to maximize the Lebron James window.  That is what happens when you have contenders. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
No

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
know Zo hurt .  But stiil...

Lebron don't trust him

Rondo was killing Zo s training