Author Topic: Off season evaluation and questions  (Read 910 times)

Off season evaluation and questions
« on: December 11, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I didn't particularly like our off season this year. Well, I liked some of it and didn't like some of it.

1. I liked the picks of Giddens and especially Walker @ 47. Liked it more since I've more of them. I thought maybe we should've taken a flier on DeAndre Jordan with the 30th but I'm good with the Giddnes pick.

2. It's the off season "moves" I didn't like. Obviously I was pulling for Posey re-signing but I understand why that didn't work out. But the two guys I really thought would have been great fits in lieu of Posey and PJ were:

Matt Barnes: Good 3 shooter, tough defender, decent rebounder and plays a hard nosed physical style at the three. Not a bad replacment at the three for Posey and Phoenix got him for Vet min of $1.2 Mil

Birdman: High energy, Varejo type 6'11" guy who I thought would have fed off and also fired up KG with his energy off the bench. Also signed for a Vet min contract.

Perkins / Birdman / Scal
Garnett / Powe / Big Baby
Pierce / Barnes / Walker
Ray Allen / TAllen / Giddens
Rondo / House / Pruitt

***You hire Cassell back as point guard coach
***You cut Scal and re-hire him as coach if you want to bring back PJ for the stretch, but with Birdman you might not have too...

I wasn't a big fan of POB signing and he's done nothing to inspire change in that thinking...Forget about the mental aspect, I don't he's physically built strong enough to play the center position in this league

any thoughts

any rumors anyone has heard about who Ainge might have in mind at small forward. I still think this team needs to make a small move to take another title.

Is Bill Walker going to be that one more guy, along with PJ coming back to push us over the hump?     

Re: Off season evaluation and questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I realise we are 20-2, which is great but to me that's not the point I'm trying to make; the points to me are:

1. With Barnes and Birdman off the bench instead of POB and BWalker( or not at this point), we might well be 22-0

2. I feel we have a great record but are not quite as dominant as we were last season or as we could have been with these two guys

3. There is just a little something missing to me

4. I feel pretty confident PJ will come back for one more run and then really be done

5. But I think we need one more small move at small forward

anyone have any ideas, heard any rumors?