Author Topic: CWeb picks Rondoooooooooo player of week  (Read 4790 times)

CWeb picks Rondoooooooooo player of week
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:05:33 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Webber picked Rondooooooooo for player of the week for last week tonight on NBAtv. Rashad then read the Perk quote about GP criticizing Rondo. Hilarious.

Webber didn't even bother explaining for the first minute why he picked Rondo. He just yelled 'Rondooooooooo'.

He went so far to call Rondo more important than Ray Allen.

Re: CWeb picks Rondoooooooooo player of week
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:20:02 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Webber picked Rondooooooooo for player of the week for last week tonight on NBAtv. Rashad then read the Perk quote about GP criticizing Rondo. Hilarious.

Webber didn't even bother explaining for the first minute why he picked Rondo. He just yelled 'Rondooooooooo'.

Good for CWebb  ;D
It's obviously hard to pick out a team "MVP" - but that very question was on today's (Tuesday's) Daily Dime.

With 9000 responses recorded, Rondo and Ray were TIED with 40% as the Celtics' MVP YTD.

It all starts with Rondo, IMO.  He is the glue on both ends of the floor.  We haven't seen a PG this good defending since Payton.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 12:26:07 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

You could argue that Rondo is the most important of them all.  We have a surprisingly good record without KG the last two years.  We struggled, but won the series against Cleveland with Ray Allen playing more like a 7th or 8th man.  We're winning now with Paul struggling.

The difference on the court when anyone but Rondo is running the point is so obvious.  This goes for both the offensive and defensive ends. 

This is a compliment for Rondo, but can also display one of the few weaknesses here.  We need someone to fill the huge gap from one of the best PGs in the East starting and then not having a true PG coming in after him.

Is that answer Cassell?  Pruitt?  Or a free agent later on?  Hopefully it's something because come playoff time I think we'll need it.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

You could argue that Rondo is the most important of them all.  We have a surprisingly good record without KG the last two years.  We struggled, but won the series against Cleveland with Ray Allen playing more like a 7th or 8th man.  We're winning now with Paul struggling.

The difference on the court when anyone but Rondo is running the point is so obvious.  This goes for both the offensive and defensive ends. 

This is a compliment for Rondo, but can also display one of the few weaknesses here.  We need someone to fill the huge gap from one of the best PGs in the East starting and then not having a true PG coming in after him.

Is that answer Cassell?  Pruitt?  Or a free agent later on?  Hopefully it's something because come playoff time I think we'll need it.

Can't a lot of those arguments be used the same way against Rondo?

What was our record last year without Rondo?

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 06:53:01 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Well played C-Webb, I've always liked him and it's nice to see him speaking sense. Curious to hear about Payton's reaction though. Anyone?

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:11:42 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Rashad then read the Perk quote about GP criticizing Rondo.

What was Perk's quote?

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Well played C-Webb, I've always liked him and it's nice to see him speaking sense. Curious to hear about Payton's reaction though. Anyone?
after cwebb picked him, they displayed a quote from perk saying that since gp was hating on rondo, rondo has done extrememly well for the team.  gp replied by saying that he is glad to see that rondo is playing well and that he is able to take constructive criticism and use it as motivation. he and webber both mentioned how throughout their careers people hated on them for different reasons and they used it as motivation as well. he also said something like, i dont make criticisms bc i dont like a person, i just give my opinion about their play on the court.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
after cwebb picked him, they displayed a quote from perk saying that since gp was hating on rondo, rondo has done extrememly well for the team.  gp replied by saying that he is glad to see that rondo is playing well and that he is able to take constructive criticism and use it as motivation. he and webber both mentioned how throughout their careers people hated on them for different reasons and they used it as motivation as well. he also said something like, i dont make criticisms bc i dont like a person, i just give my opinion about their play on the court.

Thanks dark_lord. It's interesting to hear Payton saying that because a few weeks back he said something like Rondo was put in a "situation" and seemed slightly jealous that he got his ring a lot later than Rajon.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

What was our record last year without Rondo?

3-1.  The Celts beat the Lakers, Sixers, and Blazers, and lost to the Wizards.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iK2QgWE_7Y

RONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty funny by C-Webb

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
awesome........tp for the clip
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 01:45:12 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I watched the segment last night also,and C.Webb was giving Rondo props...Payton had no choice i felt but to find a way out of his previous statements,especially after A.Rashard read Perks statement but i don't buy his true feelings are what he said last night.Not that his opinion matters to most,i just dont feel he was being genuine.(imo).

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I watched the segment last night also,and C.Webb was giving Rondo props...Payton had no choice i felt but to find a way out of his previous statements,especially after A.Rashard read Perks statement but i don't buy his true feelings are what he said last night.Not that his opinion matters to most,i just dont feel he was being genuine.(imo).

GP was a spitful player and i doubt that changed. There were rumors that when the celtics went looking for vetrans last year, he got told he wasen't good enough to back up rondo at this point in his career, and they took sam instead.

Thats all rumor, but given GP's personality, wouldn't really suprise me to see him hold a barkley-esq grudge. Charles has never forgiven pierce for thier hang up, though GP's would be even more of a reach, since Rondo wasen't even involved.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 02:09:23 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

GP was a spitful player and i doubt that changed. There were rumors that when the celtics went looking for vetrans last year, he got told he wasen't good enough to back up rondo at this point in his career, and they took sam instead.

Thats all rumor, but given GP's personality, wouldn't really suprise me to see him hold a barkley-esq grudge. Charles has never forgiven pierce for thier hang up, though GP's would be even more of a reach, since Rondo wasen't even involved.

What did Pierce do to get on Barkley's badside?

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
While it was nice for CWebb to say that, how awful are he and Payton?  I watch it just to see how much of a train wreck they are.  Payton is actually much better than Webber.  His Rondo scream went on for about 10 seconds too long.  They always seem to have inside jokes, they mumble to each other and then start screaming incoherently on a good play.  The producers must have wanted a Kenny and Charles type of combo but they are way off.  Webber has to go.