Author Topic: Where is PP's intensity?  (Read 9053 times)

Re: Where is PP's intensity?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Pierce has been like this throughout his career. It appears he's coasting, but then when you least expect it, he hits a dagger, as he did last night.

I accept the argument that his shot is flatter than ever before in his NBA career. I think it's that way because he's buying into the team scheme more than ever before. Paul Pierce's bad habits usually re-assert themselves at some point, now you basically never see "too much" 1 on 5 isolation out of him. He's a matured pro now.

Knowing PP, It's just a matter of time before he kicks his game up a couple notches and people regret ever saying anything bad about him.

We have to gripe about something during the 12 game winning streak, don't we?   ;)

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Hey I think I found it (PP's intensity)

Come on!  Please.  Let's not worry about The Captain. There are other parts of the team to lean on right now.  Pierce carried the first ten games or so...Ray, KG and Rondo are collectively carrying the load now.  End result:  Celts are 20-2!
Yup

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline Newguy

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 13

Come on!  Please.  Let's not worry about The Captain. There are other parts of the team to lean on right now.  Pierce carried the first ten games or so...Ray, KG and Rondo are collectively carrying the load now.  End result:  Celts are 20-2!

Now, that's the guy I'm waiting to show up.  Hopefully he will. 

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 05:58:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Don't get me wrong, there's something missing lately, but does anyone seriously doubt Pierce's dedication or will to compete for a repeat will not be there? 
Yup

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

Don't get me wrong, there's something missing lately, but does anyone seriously doubt Pierce's dedication or will to compete for a repeat will not be there? 
As long as whatever is missing is back by the spring,its fine with me. :)

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 04:41:48 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

Sometimes the body is not responding to your will...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 07:01:29 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Don't judge PP's intensity from his offense. Look at his defense, rebounds and the other things he does. The Pacers stacked their defense to stop Pierce, especially from driving to the basket. When he did drive it was into a crowd and he didn't get a lot of calls he should have. I believe he was called for a charge that wasn't. Also, as a team, if someone is hot, they ride him till he cools off. Ray's on fire. Why not go there. Maybe next game it will be P that has it going. I wouldn't worry about anyone on this team lacking intensity, especially P. Some nites the body just ain't going to do what the mind wants it to.

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »

Offline Hova

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Ok so Pierce may be in a bit of a slump or just isnt trying hard enough but how long do you think this will last?

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 06:29:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Ok so Pierce may be in a bit of a slump or just isnt trying hard enough but how long do you think this will last?

124 hours, 15 minutes and 43 seconds according to my calculations.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22

I don't think Pierce ever plays less than 110%. He's playing differently because he is now surrounded by a real team and he's one part of that team. The Celtic system isn't based on one player doing it all. If a player is hot they go to him. Lately that player has been Ray Allen. But sometimes a game comes along where the usual stuff isn't working and one player really needs to take over the game. These are Pierce's games. Just go back to the playoffs last year. With this team this type of game only comes along occasionally as opposed to past years when Pierce was the only guy that gave them any chance at a win. So compared to those times it may not look like he's trying, but he never takes a game off.

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

jeff needs to put a "slump clock" on the front page... ::)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."